My impression of where the Bills are

OGTEleven

I have to admit I am worried about QB but I don't think the Bills have a choice there.

I'm totally worried about QB and could be THE position that's keeping us from being a playoff team right now. The Bills most certainly do have a choice. There are 6 teams in contention for playoffs now who are using free agent/trade QBs: Pennington in Miami, Favre in New York, Frerotte in Minnesota, Garcia in Tampa Bay, Titans with Collins, Warner with Phoenix. There'll be QBs available as free agents in the off season like Garcia and others. Also QBs will be available for trade like maybe Donovan McNabb. I'm tired of baby sitting rookie QBs. Let's get a real QB.

Further, since Jim Kelly left, the Bills have had their greatest success with free agents/trades. Flutie took us to the playoffs and Drew Bledsoe led us to our last winning season.

With a real QB, we'd be talking playoffs still.

I do not want some loud mouthed idiot like Brian Billick who is hired for the sake of headlines.

Brian Billick won the Super Bowl with exactly the kind of team you say Dick is trying to build here. Strong defense and adequate offense. Trent Dilfer went weeks without throwing a TD pass, but they still won. Bring on Brian!

Eh, that's probably my point. I'm so anti-Pennington that I'd rather have a guy based off the potential Edwards has shown (aka beating up on awful teams). I agree Edwards has shown us nothing, hell, he might not even be our starter next year, but I just see much more upside in having him than Pennington as our 2009 QB.

WHAT? You're actually questioning whether or not Edwards is the starter next season? I'll admit the kid has struggled as of late but does he even have 20 starts in the NFL? I will go on record right now in saying that Trent (barring a major injury) is the starter for the next ten years! <_< He is NOT the reason for us losing, that distinction falls squarely on the Dick and the coaching staff (except for Bobby April, he should be our next head coach) <_<

Isn't there something to be said for a coaching staff being able to make do with the hand they're dealt, dealing with it, and the ability to keep winning? Who thinks that the Dolphins are a perfect team? Or even has clearly superior talent to the Bills? Yet, they swept us. The Patriots have a 5th string RB starting, a backup QB, plug in an ancient Junior Seau off the street, and they keep on winning.

While it sucks to say it ...amen ... at some point coaching and systems matter. The results say the Bills offensive system sucks ... It did under Fairchild and it now does under Turk.

While it sucks to say it ...amen ... at some point coaching and systems matter. The results say the Bills offensive system sucks ... It did under Fairchild and it now does under Turk.

Yeah Dick and Turk's system of having your QB throw 3 picks on the first 4 possessions of a must win game or throw a TD returned for TD and a couple of fumbles against a division rival sucks. Or when going in for the score to put us by 2 TDs against Dallas last year, throw an interception and let them return it for a TD. We need a system that tells the QB to throw completions and not picks, oh, and not fumble.

Trent would be a good backup. Next year we need a real free agent QB like Garcia or McNabb or Warner or ... They're out there.