Garbage Plates

ROCCEO

Just found out last week, theres a place on Main st. right near the corner of Winspear and Main(same side of the street as wilson farms) called UNIVERSITY HOTS

decent plates, not exactly Nick's, but still delicious.

Anyone else been there yet?

Just found out last week, theres a place on Main st. right near the corner of Winspear and Main(same side of the street as wilson farms) called UNIVERSITY HOTS

88185[/snapback]

you realize what you just did? You basically just said you found better wings outside of Buffalo. . . :doh:

you realize what you just did? You basically just said you found better wings outside of Buffalo.  . . :doh:

88243[/snapback]

Woah there, I did not say "better".

but "good" or "acceptable"

as a plate purist I realize that even when in Rochester, if you're not at Nick's, you're eating a 2nd class plate.

Do I realize what I just did though??? I probobly just increased the buffalo-profits of the Tums/Imodium/Pepto people like 50%.

88185[/snapback]

Can I get a Lipitor coupon there? :doh:

No lipitor coupon, but on the wall they have plate-eating record times posted. If you beat the U hots record you get a free plate, thats like 4:30 or so, but if you beat the all-time record (1:47) recorded @ Perinton Hots then you get 4 free plates.

No lipitor coupon, but on the wall they have plate-eating record times posted.  If you beat the U hots record you get a free plate, thats like 4:30 or so, but if you beat the all-time record (1:47) recorded @ Perinton Hots then you get 4 free plates.

88302[/snapback]

So Bobble would never have to pay for a plate again....

Another possible place to get plates: when I was talking to Kenny after the Miami game, he said they've got Nick's recipe and they're going to try cooking them up at the Pinto.

Can you imagine a Pinto-style plate? :doh:

as a plate purist I realize that even when in Rochester, if you're not at Nick's, you're eating a 2nd class plate.

88275[/snapback]

as a guy who is a Nick's on West Main regular....i have to say this is a rather over hyped statement.

i love the plate...don't get me wrong...but i can count on two hands how many places i have had a plate that is equal to or better than the original. one in particular is at the Ridge Family Diner on East Ridge.

Do I realize what I just did though??? I probobly just increased the buffalo-profits of the Tums/Imodium/Pepto people like 50%.

88275[/snapback]

Hey Roc, theyre called garbage plates because the food is in that category. So, how can you possibly have good or ok garbage food?