Buffalo-Miami 1980

EndZoneCrew

I was at that Miami game, stormed the field but did not climb the goalposts, and it was one of the great Bills games I attended. But what exactly is your point? Those Knox teams were tough and played hard, but put some YouTubes of the Kelly years on this thread if you want to really make Bills' fans sick to their stomachs. Why not show the Raiders' AFC Championship blow out? Or feature the no - punt 49ers win from 1992! Sure it's great to see Joe Cribbs, Fergy, insane Dobler and the Bermuda Triangle again. But to see actual NFL Hall of Famers playing together on one team during one era,

show some steams of the 1988 to 1996 Bills!!

The whole game is uploaded... I watched it. If only that had been a Superbowl game...

Even though those teams of the early 1990's reached higher levels of success, the 1980 Bills are my all-time favorite team. I was 15 that season, my older brother, and a buddy of his, had season tickets, beginning with that Dolphins game. I had always loved the Bills before that, but was still partial to the Buffalo Braves...but that year, I fell in love with the Bills, and fell hard...sadly, maybe, that unrequited love has lasted to this day.

I think that team was so special to me, partly becuase that was the first time in my life that I really thought the Buffalo Bills were legit Super Bowl contenders...up to that point, I had never had the guts to even think playoffs, let alone Super Bowl. They had been so bad, for so long, that, literally, I remember going to games in the late 1970's (and sadly, again in the mid-80's) where the bar had been set so low for the Bills, that Rich would rock, like I had never experienced prior, if the Bills managed two first downs on one possession...than Knox, Cribbs, Butler, and company joined Fergy, and made me think we were really on to something...of course, it wouldn't last...Knox and Ralph clashed, and Knox was gone...and friggin' Kay Stephenson took his place...it all unraveled as quickly as it had taken place...the Kelly era Bills were awesome, don't get me wrong...but that 1980 was the first "real" football team in Buffalo, for me. That regular season game in San Diego was phenominal...nobody thought that team from Buffalo could beat the Chargers that year...unfortunately, it all ended that year, at the hands of the Chargers, in the playoffs...and with Fergusons gimpy ankle...jeesh...getting a little teary eyed just thinking agbout it again...that was the most devisated I had ever been to see one of my teams lose...it still ranks right up there...

Man that team just looked tough as nails........

That team could be tough, but also showed up incredibly flat at inopportune times in 1980 and 1981-- against the Colts twice in 1980, against the Falcons in 1980, against the Cowboys and Cardinals in 1981, against the Phins in Miami both years, at New York in 1981. Then in 1982 the strike killed them. They were fascinating, but just as maddening as any Bills team has ever been

Even though those teams of the early 1990's reached higher levels of success, the 1980 Bills are my all-time favorite team. I was 15 that season, my older brother, and a buddy of his, had season tickets, beginning with that Dolphins game. I had always loved the Bills before that, but was still partial to the Buffalo Braves...but that year, I fell in love with the Bills, and fell hard...sadly, maybe, that unrequited love has lasted to this day.

I think that team was so special to me, partly becuase that was the first time in my life that I really thought the Buffalo Bills were legit Super Bowl contenders...up to that point, I had never had the guts to even think playoffs, let alone Super Bowl. They had been so bad, for so long, that, literally, I remember going to games in the late 1970's (and sadly, again in the mid-80's) where the bar had been set so low for the Bills, that Rich would rock, like I had never experienced prior, if the Bills managed two first downs on one possession...than Knox, Cribbs, Butler, and company joined Fergy, and made me think we were really on to something...of course, it wouldn't last...Knox and Ralph clashed, and Knox was gone...and friggin' Kay Stephenson took his place...it all unraveled as quickly as it had taken place...the Kelly era Bills were awesome, don't get me wrong...but that 1980 was the first "real" football team in Buffalo, for me. That regular season game in San Diego was phenominal...nobody thought that team from Buffalo could beat the Chargers that year...unfortunately, it all ended that year, at the hands of the Chargers, in the playoffs...and with Fergusons gimpy ankle...jeesh...getting a little teary eyed just thinking agbout it again...that was the most devisated I had ever been to see one of my teams lose...it still ranks right up there...

Saban,polian,Knox--arent you glad old ralphie has the final word?