Hated him in Baltimore

bluenews

but Bill Billick won a Super Bowl and would enjoy seeing a personality on the Bills' sideline

I dunno. The Ravens never did develop the kind of offensive prowess that the Vikings did when he was their coordinator. The Bills, in addition to a revamped pass rush, need to straighten out their offensive woes.

Plus, unless Jauron is shown the door, this is pointless anyway, not to mention the fact that all Bill really did was take the credit away from the real architecht of that Super Bowl team: his twin Brian.

I dunno. The Ravens never did develop the kind of offensive prowess that the Vikings did when he was their coordinator. The Bills, in addition to a revamped pass rush, need to straighten out their offensive woes.

Because they never found a quarterback under Billick. If Edwards is the guy -- and I still think he is -- I believe Billick could succeed here. He's still a really good offensive mind; he and Newsome just couldn't locate a competent QB in Baltimore for all those years.

Because they never found a quarterback under Billick. If Edwards is the guy -- and I still think he is -- I believe Billick could succeed here. He's still a really good offensive mind; he and Newsome just couldn't locate a competent QB in Baltimore for all those years.

Great veteran leadership is there too.

I've listened to him once as an analyst and he's not bad. I definitely think he's got a good football mind.

However, his success in Baltimore was defined by the defenses. They never had a #1 QB until McNair showed up, but he wasn't healthy all the time. They did go 13-3 with a relatively healthy McNair in 2006, but it's not like that offense was the Greatest Show on Turf or anything. To me, he's like Wade Phillips...a great coordinator, but not as good of a head coach.

I'd imagine Billick would want a lot of control, something that Ralph isn't willing to give up.

Brian Billick was hired from Minnesota because he was supposed to be an offensive wizard.... kyle Boller ring any bells?Billick couldn't get any QB to play well for him,even "air McNair"

The Raven's won that super bowl because of their defense and Rex Ryan (Buddy Ryan's son),that defense is back now that Harbough is the head coach. Billick lost the players confidence and was fired .

Jim fassel sucks,Billick hired him to run the offense because he got the NY Giants to the super bowl with kerry Collins,but again it was John Fox's defense that got them there.

Screw the washed up has been's like Billick and Fassel :huh:

The NY Giants are heading back to the super bowl and a lot has to do with their defense. In another post someone mentioned Steve Spagnuolo :P

The Raven's won that super bowl because of their defense and Rex Ryan (Buddy Ryan's son),that defense is back now that Harbough is the head coach. Billick lost the players confidence and was fired .

Rex was the D line coach @ the time. Marvin Lewis was the D coordinator.