need help--buffalo restaurant experts

Tcali

There is a restaurant i used to go to a long time ago...end of K expressway--DOWNTOWN..across a few streets--on right---had a don quixote sign..restaurant was slightly below street level....hmmmmmm--anyone know the name? It was a nice restaurant.. small and a bit fancy.

There is a restaurant i used to go to a long time ago...end of K expressway..across a few streets--on right---had a don quixote sign..restaurant was slightly below street level....hmmmmmm--anyone know the name?

I think it was called Mel's Char Palace

There are restaurants other than Duff's and Buzzy's in WNY...? 0:)

Went to Buzzy's for lunch. Pizza was great. The wings were

poor. We asked for half medium--half hot...

They were ALL mild.. and our waiter never came back

to ask how 'things' were...

Went to Buzzy's for lunch. Pizza was great. The wings were

poor. We asked for half medium--half hot...

They were ALL mild.. and our waiter never came back

to ask how 'things' were...

Yeah, the wings there aren't all that great and the service is non-existant. But the pizza and ESPECIALLY the calzones are awesome there! Oh, and so are the french fries. 0:)

You were also literally about 5-6 blocks away from where my parents live (and where I grew up). :wub:

Yeah, the wings there aren't all that great and the service is non-existant. But the pizza and ESPECIALLY the calzones are awesome there! Oh, and so are the french fries. :huh:

You were also literally about 5-6 blocks away from where my parents live (and where I grew up). :P

i moved in the area 2 years ago. i'm not a fan of buzzies.i like papa leos or joeys on buffalo ave.i love the subs at jacos

When you say end of K expressway... Do you mean the Kensington? And which end? The airport in Cheektowaga or Tupper/Goodell in Buffalo?

??

downtown....sorry.....after u r off the expressway and passed a street or two without turning--probbly tupper near delaware-in that vicinity.....--a very nice restaurant..

i moved in the area 2 years ago. i'm not a fan of buzzies.i like papa leos or joeys on buffalo ave.i love the subs at jacos

The last time I was at Buzzy's (a couple of years ago) I was disappointed with the pizza. LaHacienda (on Pine) is still my favorite (pepperoni, well done). It's not what it was 20 years ago, but it is still kick ass. I don't even mind Mr Ventry's on Pierce for a quick slice or two (already made and usually hot).

Jacos made decent subs and so did Maripossa (sp?) on Military. But for steak and cheese, there is only Violas (on Elmwood, preferably).

The last time I was at Buzzy's (a couple of years ago) I was disappointed with the pizza. LaHacienda (on Pine) is still my favorite (pepperoni, well done). It's not what it was 20 years ago, but it is still kick ass. I don't even mind Mr Ventry's on Pierce for a quick slice or two (already made and usually hot).

Jacos made decent subs and so did Maripossa (sp?) on Military. But for steak and cheese, there is only Violas (on Elmwood, preferably).

but Dean...no help on my restaurant huhh?? we arent talking slices and wings here.

downtown....sorry.....after u r off the expressway and passed a street or two without turning--probbly tupper near delaware-in that vicinity.....--a very nice restaurant..

I'm sure The Senator would know.

The place I am thinking of, below street level I think, was on Delaware Ave, I think. Not exactly right off the expressway, but not far from it.

Lord Chumley's is/was it's name. It was a good restaurant, to be sure. Haven't been there in years, though.

I'm sure The Senator would know.

The place I am thinking of, below street level I think, was on Delaware Ave, I think. Not exactly right off the expressway, but not far from it.

Lord Chumley's is/was it's name. It was a good restaurant, to be sure. Haven't been there in years, though.

I remember Lord Chumleys......don't think thats it..because its inbetween allentown and tupper/delaware....but in the neighborhood and fits the description--I liked that block of buildings that its in-----very nice part of delaware

I remember Lord Chumleys......don't think thats it..because its inbetween allentown and tupper/delaware....but in the neighborhood and fits the description--I liked that block of buildings that its in-----very nice part of delaware

Would it be Hemingway's?

Go here:

Food Near You

Tupper and Delaware Use the "zoom in" ("+") feature.

I get:

1. Laughlin's Beef and Barrel (Franklin St.)

2. Rue Franklin (Franklin St. :devil: )

3. Hemingway's (Pearl St.)

4. Cabaret (Pearl St.)

Move the map more up towards Allen if it is there... But, your first post has it near the Kensington??