UFAs and RFAs

Fewell733

I've marked who i think will or should stay, and who's as good as gone

Unrestricted free agents

- Angelo Crowell - gone, can't stay healthy

- Kirk Chambers - keep, depth tackle, only reliable one we have had in a decade

- Melvin Fowler - gone, obviously

- Jabari Greer - probably gone unfortunately, McKelvin, may be too expensive to sign, will be happy if we keep

- J.P. Losman - gone, obviously

- Teddy Lehman - gone, can't stay healthy

- Corey McIntyre - keep, he's been good

- Duke Preston - keep, beat out Fowler, provides interior depth and is well-liked on the team, should be cheap

- Jason Whittle - gone, can't stay healthy

I hope they re-sign Greer, Chambers and Preston. The rest are gone/aren't worth keeping.

Restricted free agents

- John DiGiorgio - keep, competent LB depth with starting experience

- Keith Ellison - keep, competent LB depth with starting experience

- Dustin Fox - gone, will always be available mid-season if we need him

- Gibran Hamdan - keep, why not, he and Edwards are buddies

- Justin Jenkins - gone, can't break into the lineup anymore

- George Wilson - keep, special teams captain, good depth safety when he doesn't fall down

- Fred Jackson - keep, gotta keep the two-headed beast together as long as possible

All the RFA's will be tendered, with the possible exception of Fox.

For the most part I would agree, but:

-I'd like to re-sign Crowell if we can get him at a good price.

-Lehman provides decent depth.

-Greer is definately gone.

No way Crowell stays, bitter relationship due to IR

I'd like to keep greer but we have spent too many picks on DBs to keep him. I think he's better than mcgee at CB.

No way Crowell stays, bitter relationship due to IR

I'd like to keep greer but we have spent too many picks on DBs to keep him. I think he's better than mcgee at CB.

I think that the coaching staff does not want him. I am also suprised that he has not received an injury settlement yet and moved on. My guess is that he knee was worse than what was reported. If it is worse than reporrted and he is not healthy yet then IR was justified.

I think that the coaching staff does not want him. I am also suprised that he has not received an injury settlement yet and moved on. My guess is that he knee was worse than what was reported. If it is worse than reporrted and he is not healthy yet then IR was justified.

Good point, I would like to hear more about the injury. A few weeks into the season he didn't even have surgery on it.

I've marked who i think will or should stay, and who's as good as gone

Unrestricted free agents

- Angelo Crowell - gone, can't stay healthy

- Kirk Chambers - keep, depth tackle, only reliable one we have had in a decade

- Melvin Fowler - gone, obviously

- Jabari Greer - probably gone unfortunately, McKelvin, may be too expensive to sign, will be happy if we keep

- J.P. Losman - gone, obviously

- Teddy Lehman - gone, can't stay healthy

- Corey McIntyre - keep, he's been good

- Duke Preston - keep, beat out Fowler, provides interior depth and is well-liked on the team, should be cheap

- Jason Whittle - gone, can't stay healthy

Restricted free agents

- John DiGiorgio - keep, competent LB depth with starting experience

- Keith Ellison - keep, competent LB depth with starting experience

- Dustin Fox - gone, will always be available mid-season if we need him

- Gibran Hamdan - keep, why not, he and Edwards are buddies

- Justin Jenkins - gone, can't break into the lineup anymore

- George Wilson - keep, special teams captain, good depth safety when he doesn't fall down

- Fred Jackson - keep, gotta keep the two-headed beast together as long as possible

UFA's

AC - Unless something has been done internally to mend fences he's gone.

KC - Keep at a reasonable price.

MF - Gone.

JG - Wouldn't be surprised to see Clements money thrown at him. He's more of a ball hawk than Clements is or was.

JP Gone, and I wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

TL - Teddy who? Not even listed on the Bills website's depth chart.

CM - Keep and draft a kid. Hopefully the first or second rated guy.

DP - Keep but draft a C high. I've been begging for a C since Hull left and every year I'm disappointed. I'm not expecting the position to be addressed seriously. :)

JW - Most likely gone.

RFA's (I think some of these guys are ERFA's)

JD - He's staying here.

KE - He's staying here.

DF - Dustin Who? Not even listed on the Bills depth chart.

GH - Number 2 QB next year. C'mon did anyone really believe Chroise was going anywhere? :D

JJ - On the bubble

GW - Staying here.

FJ - Might garner a contract that Buffalo won't be able to match. If he does some great DP's in return. Desperately want to see him stay!

- We have to either extend this man's contract or re-sign Terrence McGee. Anyone else in favor of keeping him over McGee?? I've liked Greer from the start and thought we should have extended him at a very modest rate last year. Again, we develop and groom an excellent cornerback and his contract runs up. I understand, it's the NFL and that's the way it goes, but I'd really hate to lose this guy and possibly McGee after spending time grooming them.

:)

How many games have you watched? No, seriously. McGee is better than Greer in coverage, when healthy, and is top 3 in KR in the whole league!!! The Miami fiasco was all Fewell/Jauron's fault for playing an injured DB when they knew he wasn't anything close to healthy.

Hey, I'm one of the few who actually stood up for Jabari when Leodis was drafted. Too many tools wanted the rookie to start over our #2. Had the coaches actually listened we'd be way under .500 right now.

The only reason NOT TO RE-SIGN Greer is because you have that rookie now and Youboty to take his place. It's more of a salary cap move than anything.

How many games have you watched? No, seriously. McGee is better than Greer in coverage, when healthy, and is top 3 in KR in the whole league!!! The Miami fiasco was all Fewell/Jauron's fault for playing an injured DB when they knew he wasn't anything close to healthy.

Hey, I'm one of the few who actually stood up for Jabari when Leodis was drafted. Too many tools wanted the rookie to start over our #2. Had the coaches actually listened we'd be way under .500 right now.

The only reason NOT TO RE-SIGN Greer is because you have that rookie now and Youboty to take his place. It's more of a salary cap move than anything.

I believe the drafting of McKelvin was done with the loss of Greer in mind. They believe he's going to get a contract that they won't be able to match.

I agree that almost certainly the Bills choose McGee over Greer if that is the choice that a Greer contract forces them to make (which I do not think it does so putting the question this way is a bit of an illusion from what I see).

Yep. Greer has shown a lot more than folks expected as he finally has proven able to match some outstanding pre-season work he showed early in his career with some good regular season production. However, McGee has shown a level of athleticism which earned him a Pro Bowl slot as a return guy and his CB work has varied between him showing early promise, followed up by good play which made the Bills comfortable in late NC walk, a downturn as he learned the Cover 2, and a recovery after a benching that saw him earn the #1 CB role for the Bills.

he is not a superstar at CB and the Bills were quite comfortable in going after McKelvin rather than filling a more pressing need.

However, as impressive as Greer has been he still is a youngster who has suffered some injuries and the Bills almost certainly are not going to show him the money he will likely get on the market. Its a smart football move if they treat it this way.

I'm not saying he's deserved what he's gotten or that his efforts last year weren't commendable, I'm just saying that, when it comes down to it, it's his ongoing knee problems that will be the reason that he's let go at the end of the year.

When Crowell gets released it will be due to the fallout after this strange situation surrounding the timing of his knee surgery and subsequent placement on IR. His "ongoing knee problems" (which caused him to miss all of one game last year) may be a contributing factor but it won't be THE reason he is gone.

And not to pick nits, but coming into the season he's missed a grand total of 5 games in three full years as a starter. Again, that's not "can't stay healthy," at least not in my book.