What Would You Guys Think About...............

H2o

Most people in Jacksonville would be glad to be rid of him.

I initially thought Del Rio was just a meathead. Now, I still think he's a meathead, but there is something more there. Still, his inconsistent handling of the Jags doesn't make me long for him in Buffalo.

Del Rio is a meathead. The Jags won last year because they had the biggest and most physical personnel in the NFL. This year, their OL came apart and when they needed some coaching to get themselve thru it, Del Rio wasn't up to the task. He was also arrogant letting big Stroud go. Stroud and Henderson were the key to that defense and any success the team had for the past 5 years, and because they got by without him much of last season, they didn't think they needed him. Thanks to injuries, now both of their lines are mediocre and that's made them mediocre. Between age, attrition and self inflicted wounds I think the Jags are actually in need of quite a bit of new personnel next season. I hope they keep Del Rio though, he is a meathead who even a Dick Jauron can beat.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would need to call the zoo and add some extra spaces for walruses so he would have a place to live. Holmgren has shown that he is an average coach that wins super bowls when he has exceptional talent, makes it to the playoffs when he has good talent, barely makes the playoffs or barely misses the playoffs with average talent, and has bad records when he has bad talent. IMHO, the guy adds nothing to the talent base you already have, he just makes a team play to their abilities, and nothing more.

The guy has done alot for the teams he's been around. A product of Bill Walsh and the old West Coast offense. He's been a winner in this league for a long time. He also has Super Bowl credibility as a head coach, winning one with GB and losing the SB that the Steelers bought off. A vast majority of people here believe that Jauron just is not the guy. Do we give DJ next season and go after Holmgren in 2010? He seems like a good fit. More of a small town coach that would be embraced around here, with a proven pedigree. What do you guys think?

I would love it. But Holmgren's next stop is "retirement number one." He won't resurface again for at least two or three years, if he is serious about his announcement.

Cowher would be a great choice.

Marty would be nice for a franchise that is becoming irrelevant.

What about Andy Reid? Isn't he leaving Philly?

A better question is who would lead the team as GM?

I cannot see Holmgren coming to Buffalo with the Niners job available.

I think we would need to call the zoo and add some extra spaces for walruses so he would have a place to live. Holmgren has shown that he is an average coach that wins super bowls when he has exceptional talent, makes it to the playoffs when he has good talent, barely makes the playoffs or barely misses the playoffs with average talent, and has bad records when he has bad talent. IMHO, the guy adds nothing to the talent base you already have, he just makes a team play to their abilities, and nothing more.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but if this statement is true, then he would still be a huge upgrade over Dickie J.