COME ON BABE, WORK YOUR MAGIC!!!!

Wouldn't somebody actually have to care?

87129[/snapback]

Well yeah........

I actually just kind of find it funny that you don't hear fans of teams like the Indians or the White Sox talking about how they are cursed when in fact Chicago hasn't won the Series since 1917, a year before Boston won their last one. They haven't even been there since 1959.

The Cubs fans are the most pathetic of all though. Blaming their losing tradition on a goat!!!!

OK here comes the official resignation of defeat. Mark down 9:36 Central time on October 26th as the time when BF in Indiana congratulated Boston on their first championship since 1918.

I wish we were giving you a better series, but this team has just buckled under the spotlight. I'll keep watching and hoping, but I don't think it's going to get better.

Well yeah........

I actually just kind of find it funny that you don't hear fans of teams like the Indians or the White Sox talking about how they are cursed when in fact Chicago hasn't won the Series since 1917, a year before Boston won their last one.  They haven't even been there since 1959.

The Cubs fans are the most pathetic of all though.  Blaming their losing tradition on a goat!!!!

87133[/snapback]

he left cigars and whiskey on door step of Babe's birth place walking into M&T on sunday

OK here comes the official resignation of defeat.  Mark down 9:36 Central time on October 26th as the time when BF in Indiana congratulated Boston on their first championship since 1918.

I wish we were giving you a better series, but this team has just buckled under the spotlight.  I'll keep watching and hoping, but I don't think it's going to get better.

87138[/snapback]

Wow, he's resorting to the 'reverse jinx'.......desparation time. <_<

Wow, he's resorting to the 'reverse jinx'.......desparation time.  <_<

87142[/snapback]

I don't believe in that.

We just aren't playing well. Boston is, they will win the World Series. I am not sure if they win it tomorrow night, but they will probably win it in St. Louis.

Ummmm.....Babe Ruth only curses the Red Sox against the Yankees. He doesn't help any other teams. Too bad he was passed out in a ghost brothel this year. He went there after game three, got ripped on ghost hooch and got ghost VD from a ghost hooker.

Maybe the Cards would be better off getting a base running coach instead of relying on phony curses that don't even apply to them.

The White Sox haven't won since 1917 because they fixed the Series in 1919. White Sox haven't been in the Series since 1959.

The Cubs haven't won since 1908 because they were cursed by a goat.

The Cubs haven't been in the Series since 1945. Amazing that Chicago hasn't seen a World Series game in 45 years and a Cubs World Series game in 59 years. How many people are still alive that were around the last time the Cubs won in 1908? Crazy.

The Indians haven't won since 1948 because they had crap teams from 1949-1995 and from 1998 until now.

Ummmm.....Babe Ruth only curses the Red Sox against the Yankees. He doesn't help any other teams.

87185[/snapback]

Not entirely true Kas. The "Curse of the Bambino" was a hex that was supposed to prevent the Sox from ever winning another World Series after they traded the Babe to NY.

Which, when you stretch it out, means it helps the NL teams the Sox face in the WS (ask Buckner and the Mets in '86 lol).

Of course, I don't believe in such things...

Yeah it's funny that because the Sox beat the Yankees everyone has tried to take the true "meaning of the curse" and change it around to say that they will win once they beat NY int he playoffs.  That's not how it goes.

87197[/snapback]

BF, you're jumping off the wagon? Waving the white flag? Oh, the humanity! O ye of little faith. Remember, The Curse still lives until the Sox win the World Series. As you reminded us in the NLCS, three does not equal four. Sox still have to go get it. Cards are too proud a team to be broomed especially in their own house. But wouldn't it be something if the Sox win EIGHT IN A ROW in the glare of postseason pressure to break The Curse? That would be some kind of feat, regardless of allegiances.

The Sox still have to win that last game and as the Yankees found out, thats easier said than done. 

Home Field Advantage or not, Good Pitching beats good hitting.   

Lets see which Derek Lowe shows up tomorrow night.

87208[/snapback]

Well with this list of blunders by St. Louis I don't see things turning around.

Here's BF's list of "What went wrong in the 2004 World Series."

Rolen pops up in a tie game with the bases loaded and one out in the 8th.

LaRussa starts Morris on 3 days rest with no need to do so.

St. Louis can't take advantage of 8 erros in TWO GAMES by Boston.

The Cardinals blow a bases loaded and one out situation again in the first inning of game 3.

Jeff Suppan makes the stupidest baserunning error I've ever seen.

14 walks in the first two games allowed by St. Louis.

Cardinals allow multiple Sox rallies with 2 outs and no one on.

I think that about sums it up.

The Sox still have to win that last game and as the Yankees found out, thats easier said than done. 

Home Field Advantage or not, Good Pitching beats good hitting.   

Lets see which Derek Lowe shows up tomorrow night.

87208[/snapback]

If Lowe is anywhere near the form he showed in Game 7 vs. the Yanks, the Sox have a great chance to -- dare I say -- get the brooms ready. That was by far the best I've ever seen Pedro pitch in the postseason. Once the Cards ran themselves out of runs early on, he got in a groove and was unhittable.

It's there for the taking, but the Bosox have to grab a hold and not let go. For Teddy Ballgame, for Pesky, for Yaz, for Tony C, for Rico, for Lynn and Rice and El Tiante, for Dewey and Billy Bucks and many other former Sox too many to mention...JUST DO IT!

Well with this list of blunders by St. Louis I don't see things turning around.

Here's BF's list of "What went wrong in the 2004 World Series."

Rolen pops up in a tie game with the bases loaded and one out in the 8th.

LaRussa starts Morris on 3 days rest with no need to do so.

St. Louis can't take advantage of 8 erros in TWO GAMES by Boston.

The Cardinals blow a bases loaded and one out situation again in the first inning of game 3.

Jeff Suppan makes the stupidest baserunning error I've ever seen.

14 walks in the first two games allowed by St. Louis.

Cardinals allow multiple Sox rallies with 2 outs and no one on.

I think that about sums it up.

87212[/snapback]

You've about nailed it, BF. The real Cardinals skipped town before the Series began. These Cards have been cardboard cutups. I thought if they could have come back from down 7-2 and won Game 1, they would have an early psychological edge, but the Sox, to their credit, won that game and have settled into a groove since. The two-out lightning by the Sox has been deadly.

It will take some major karma by the Redbirds to turn this Series around.

You've about nailed it, BF.  The real Cardinals skipped town before the Series began.  These Cards have been cardboard cutups.  I thought if they could have come back from down 7-2 and won Game 1, they would have an early psychological edge, but the Sox, to their credit, won that game and have settled into a groove since.  The two-out lightning by the Sox has been deadly.

It will take some major karma by the Redbirds to turn this Series around.

87222[/snapback]

I firmly believe that if St. Louis had won that first game coming from 7-2 down we could be looking at a VERY different series, maybe even with St. Louis up 3-0.

Alas we didn't and are down 3-0.

I'm proud of my 2004 Cardinals. I'm glad I made the trip down to Cincy on the spur of the moment this summer and got to see a pennant winning Cardinals team play baseball in person.