Trade Roscoe Parrish during the offseason??

BuffaloBill

For what it is worth, speaking of stats, Roscoe had a 60% "catch rate" for the season last year -- the highest of the top three wide receivers. Reed had 59% and Evans had 49%.

I am only pointing this out to blunt the Roscoe bashing that periodically takes place on this board. He is a good third receiver and one of the best punt returners in league history. He has the potential to be a game changer as a wide out. There was one game in particular last year where he was instrumental to us winning last year. I would like to see this happen more often. I am not sure why he is not utilized more often other than it is clear that Lee and Josh are the primary options.

Nevertheless, there is no reason to get rid of a guy who is a valuable member of the team, can be a game changer as both a returner and wr, and has a cap friendly deal.

Just my two cents.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could support your idea that he's not valuable as a receiver if the Bills offensive braintrust had any track record of success in the passing game in the NFL. They don't and as far as I'm concerned, any and all talent on the offensive side of the ball will be wasted by this staff.

I Agree :censored:

Seems like the OP has an idea in his head that he doesn't like Roscoe Parish an no logical argument is going to change it.

Most of us see and understand your points its just that we don't agree with you. I still fault Edwards lack of throwing to his receivers and the coaching staff. Dunno,perhaps you didn't notice but until this last week the Bills RARELY used play action passing at all. Edwards was in shotgun formation about 80% of the time and usually dumped his passes to the RB's.

I like Roscoe and hope the Bills keep him,as the OC gets more experience calling plays and Edwards gets more experience playing perhaps they will utilize the wideouts properly

I Agree :censored:

Seems like the OP has an idea in his head that he doesn't like Roscoe Parish an no logical argument is going to change it.

Most of us see and understand your points its just that we don't agree with you. I still fault Edwards lack of throwing to his receivers and the coaching staff. Dunno,perhaps you didn't notice but until this last week the Bills RARELY used play action passing at all. Edwards was in shotgun formation about 80% of the time and usually dumped his passes to the RB's.

I like Roscoe and hope the Bills keep him,as the OC gets more experience calling plays and Edwards gets more experience playing perhaps they will utilize the wideouts properly

Chicken and egg situation. Lee evans is having a bit of a coming out this year. Trent E clearly likes to throw to Reed. Why not Parrish? Is it really the coaching staff being too stupid to know how to incorporate his skills. Why is it hard to admit that he is not a good receiver nor is he ever likely to become one. Some have tried to argue that it took Reed a long time to develop. Reed had a history of production in college and had he not had a case of the drops a few years ago he was on a solid track to continue his production in the NFL without a hitch.

I'm just tired of hearing all of the "wait and you'll see how good he is" arguments about Parrish. The point of the thread is that while Parrih has some value to another team as a returner get something in exchange for him to address the many needs we have on our roster.