Nate Clements returns to Buffalo

Like A Mofo

Couldn't agree more. I still wear my Spikes jersey every now & then...a hard-working, blue-collar type of guy. When I heard about how he helped the woman he was rehabbing with by buying her and her kids a new house, I knew the Bills had a very classy guy.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been the same since his injury.

Yet the guy who never fully was himself after his Achilles tear, still makes more plays then our current lb's. 69 tackles 3 picks 6 passes defensed. He's not as explosive as he used to be. Honestly though he probably still has better overall quickness then Poz or Mitchell.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way...anyone notice the Niners/Cowboys game highlights where TO burned Nate for a long TD and Nate did not even try to tackle him but rather just tried to puch the ball out? Nice doggin it Nate!!

Not Clements finest moment, but turnovers decide more games than dragging somebody down inside the 5 after a long play. That's football in the passing era.

I get it, you guys don't think Nate is any good because he gets burned by guys like Randy Moss and TO. Of course, if you watch the NFL you'd see that other top corners get burned by great receivers too. All the time. I've read at least a dozen times on this board about how great Champ Bailey is compared to Nate, but given time to throw a guy like Moss can't be covered. And he proved that again this year against Bailey. Not to mention the abuse that "good" corners like McGee and Greer have taken at the hands of Moss the past two seasons.

Bottom line is the guy can cover, hits like a ton of bricks, registers a ton of tackles, makes plays on the ball and can take it to the house and is out there every single week. That last part is important for a team like the Bills whose corners can't stay healthy.

Is he overpaid? Sure, but not as overpaid as guys like Kelsay, Dockery or Walker. That's free agency. There are plenty of players out there who don't do squat until a year or two before they hit FA then cash in. Clements hit the ground running as a rookie and was a bargain for several years, those are the kinds of players who you should feel OK about having to overpay.

In other news, congrats to London Fletcher if indeed his 130 game consecutive playing streak comes to an end this week. It probably won't, but he's listed as doubtful.

i don't blame a dude for getting 88 million dollars. theres aren't many things i wouldn't do for that money. it's not like he said anything that negative. i wish him a good career, unlike willis who I hope breaks his neck and dies on the field everytime he touches the ball. i seriously wish death upon willis mcgahee.