Thank You Oklahoma!!!

H2o

This ensures that we won't see the friggin USC Trojans in the BCS Title game. Thank God. They might not even be in a BCS game altogether with the other undefeateds out there. They also aren't even going to win the Pac 10 this season, it's going to be Oregon St. in the Rose Bowl :censored: Ha-ha, I can't stand Carroll and the rest of those turds.

USC still has a chance to win the PAC-10 (doubtful) or get in as an at Large

I'm guessing the BCS Title game will be SEC (Florida or Alabama) vs Big 12 (Texas or Oklahoma)

The two SEC and Big 12 teams that didn't make the title game will represent their conference in another bowl game

Penn St vs Oregon St in the Rose Bowl

The winner of the Big East and ACC will get automatic bids

Leaving 2 at large bids. Rules prohibit inviting more than 2 teams from a single conference to a BCS game. Sorry Red Raiders and Bulldogs :censored:

Leaving Utah, Boise St, USC, and Ohio State as possible at large teams

Utah and Boise St deserve the bids, but I suspect Utah gets in Boise St gets left out in favor of USC or Ohio State

USC still has a chance to win the PAC-10 (doubtful) or get in as an at Large

I'm guessing the BCS Title game will be SEC (Florida or Alabama) vs Big 12 (Texas or Oklahoma)

The two SEC and Big 12 teams that didn't make the title game will represent their conference in another bowl game

Penn St vs Oregon St in the Rose Bowl

The winner of the Big East and ACC will get automatic bids

Leaving 2 at large bids. Rules prohibit inviting more than 2 teams from a single conference to a BCS game. Sorry Red Raiders and Bulldogs :thumbsup:

Leaving Utah, Boise St, USC, and Ohio State as possible at large teams

Utah and Boise St deserve the bids, but I suspect Utah gets in Boise St gets left out in favor of USC or Ohio State

:censored:

This ensures that we won't see the friggin USC Trojans in the BCS Title game. Thank God. They might not even be in a BCS game altogether with the other undefeateds out there. They also aren't even going to win the Pac 10 this season, it's going to be Oregon St. in the Rose Bowl :rolleyes: Ha-ha, I can't stand Carroll and the rest of those turds.

As long as USC beats Notre Dame & UCLA(highly likely) even if Oregon St wins the PAC 10 USC is getting an at large bid. Noway an 11-1 USC team gets left out of the BCS. Fair or not, sorry that is just the way it goes.

USC = RJ

Figuratively and literally

Like I said, that maybe so but win their next 2 games & my guess is they will end up in the Fiesta Bowl against the Big 12 runner up. The Rose Bowl must be cringing at the real possibility of a rematch of Penn St blowout of Oregon St. At least their precious tradition is still alive.

FSU is going to throw a wrench into everything and knock off UF this weekend. :o

Being absolutely serious now, if FSU does knock off UF and UF beats alabama in the SEC title game, then what does the national title look like? Big 12 champ vs who? You cannot put a 2-loss UF team in. You cannot put a 1 loss USC win in the title game, because they didn't win their conference. You can't have an all big 12 title game. So who then? Penn State?

FSU is going to throw a wrench into everything and knock off UF this weekend. :o

Being absolutely serious now, if FSU does knock off UF and UF beats alabama in the SEC title game, then what does the national title look like? Big 12 champ vs who? You cannot put a 2-loss UF team in. You cannot put a 1 loss USC win in the title game, because they didn't win their conference. You can't have an all big 12 title game. So who then? Penn State?

That would be something. I really do not know the answer either. My guess if that if it were to happen you maybe looking at an Oklahoma/Texas NC or one of those teams vs USC. I know USC did not win their conference(if OSU) wins against oregon) but there has been a presidence set for a non conference champion playing in the NC(remember Nebraska playing against Miami). Either that or a 1 loss Penn ST team plays for the NC. I do not think the BCS has enough hair on it's balls to put Utah or Boise St in the NC if this scenerio played out.

That would be something. I really do not know the answer either. My guess if that if it were to happen you maybe looking at an Oklahoma/Texas NC or one of those teams vs USC. I know USC did not win their conference(if OSU) wins against oregon) but there has been a presidence set for a non conference champion playing in the NC(remember Nebraska playing against Miami). Either that or a 1 loss Penn ST team plays for the NC. I do not think the BCS has enough hair on it's balls to put Utah or Boise St in the NC if this scenerio played out.

The point of this was that the BCS is still a joke. Regardless of how it turns out, there are 6-7 great teams in the country that all should have a legit shot at the title and are all title contenders, but computers and polls are going to tell us the 2 "best" teams.

2007 - cant put a non-conference winner in the title game (UGA)

2006 - Cant put 2 teams from the same conference in the title game (Ohio-St/Mich)

2008 - the NCAA will do everything in their power to keep a Big 10 team from playing in the title game

In that scenario, One Loss Alabama would probably get one spot. As far as the second spot...

I don't know what the tiebreaker procedures are for the Big 12 South so I don't know who will win that division

If the Winner of the Big 12 South (Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech) goes on to beat Mizzou for the Big 12 Title, they should also go on to face One Loss Alabama in the BCS Title game

If the Winner of the Big 12 South gets upset by Mizzou in the Big 12 Title Game, One Loss Alabama should face One Loss and Conf Winner Penn St

That way you have One Loss Teams, at least one of which is a Conference winner

The BCS Doesn't have the cajones to let Boise St or Utah anywhere near the Title Game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.