Who's front office is more moronic?

NavyBillsFan

The Sabres are fine. They're in a slump - it's a long season and these things happen. But it's a solid team that's been smartly built, with key talent retained and developed.

The Bills are the ones that haven't won a playoff game in 12 years.

All debatable.

The Sabres are fine. They're in a slump - it's a long season and these things happen. But it's a solid team that's been smartly built, with key talent retained and developed.

They aren't fine.

They trying to force feed this team a system it isn't made for.

Lindy Ruff is trying to turn this team into the NJD.

It has little to do with the front offices. Both teams started out great and inexplicably have started to tank. And it seemingly starts with the most important players: the QB and goalie.

Ryan Miller might be the most overrated player in Sabres history next to Paul Gaustad.

this question is a toss up, which both teams are making me do lately not coinecdently. At least we aren't hearing rumors that the Sabres are leaving.

I think they have a chance to go to the playoffs too (but just a chance) where as, I don't think the Bills do.

So I guess the Bills but it is close after the last couple of years.

Ruff is the better coach, the rest of the FOs??? real toss up.

Letting go of guys like Drury and Jay MckeePursuing Drury, a guy who didn't want to be here, instead of Briere, a guy who really wanted to be here was a big mistake. They also seem to need some toughness out there. Jody Shelly type player.

Why was letting McKee go a mistake? That guy hasn't earned close to his paycheck since he left. He's been stinking up the ice.

After tonights Sabres game...

I now know that the city of Buffalo is built on top of a Indian burial ground.

This city is cursed.

Without question the Sabres. Regier and Quinn are so arrogant that they think they can force a deal they want rather than negotiate. Sabres lost 3 all-stars in less than a year, Traded away a quality back-up goalie (Conklin) for a sieve (Thibault), and nearly lost 1-2 high-potential prospects by low-balling them (thank God they didn't mess this up). The Sabres easily could have kept Briere, Campbell by negotiating early. All they had to do with Conklin his sign a new contract.

The Bills have done better in teh player department, but need improvement in the coaching department. Even so, looking at teh Bills in the 2000's, I'm sure the critics of John Butler and Bill Polian would want them back.

Agreed - the only thing I can say for both teams - they are both young and will go through these fits..

Why was letting McKee go a mistake? That guy hasn't earned close to his paycheck since he left. He's been stinking up the ice.

He's like Timmy

When he is on the ice, he can be a great player (atleast McKee was in his prime in Buffalo), but the key is "When he is on the ice" Both players have/are disapointing now because they can't stay healthy and play consistently. I think McKee though is at the point that the injuries have caught up to him, that even when healthy, he still won't be the same guy he was in Buffalo

As for the Front Office, I would say the Sabres (If you are talking about the current front offices, Regier and Quinn for the Sabres, Brandon Jauron and whomever, plus I will include Levy for the Bills). The Sabres front office seems too stubborn to realise they need to evolve with the game, and not hope the game evolves around them. They were lucky the first 2 years cause the team they had was built for the "New NHL", unfortunatly the NHL went back to the "Old NHL" (pre-lockout play) and the Sabres continued to stay the courseand build for the new NHL and hope the league goes back to it. They have to look at what the league is calling right now. Theres too many second tier guys expected to play top spots on the team, and no Top Tier level players. They were on the cusp of being great at oe point, but they let their best chances walk out the door to continue to stay the course and keep out of the red. Its hard to see the Sabres "vision" besides just staying out of the red, and keeping enough people in the seats to turn a profit year after year. Anything more on the ice is gravy to the FO

The Bills on the other hand with their current FO, they are in full rebuild mode the last 3-4 years, and you can see what they are trying to do, build a young team that will stay competitive for many years to come, instead of loading up on vets (like the Jets for example) to make 1-2 more runs at it. The problem is, sometimes you get lucky and it takes no time (like Miami and Atlanta, although i would wait til after next yearbefore praises are dropped on either of them and see that they aren't one year wonders first) and other times it takes a little longer (like Tenessee for example, they didn't get to be 10-0 overnight). Theother problem is that the Bills have to have a tighter budget then the Sabres because of the league they are in. The NFL is much more expensive then the NHL, and in order for the Bills to stay out of the red, and not be priced out of Buffalo, they need to run a tighter ship at the moment andwatch their spending alot more.

After tonights Sabres game...

I now know that the city of Buffalo is built on top of a Indian burial ground.

This city is cursed.

Of course the Bills is more moronic.---But the sabres seem to want to compete with the Bills for that honor.

When is the last time we have had less tough teams???---I can't recall squads/ teams this wimpy....

What's amazing WRT the Sabres is they were playing great at the beginning of the season, with a good number of injuries. Now that they're completely healthy, they're horrible. That really makes no sense to me, other than the chemistry they developed with that original group was destroyed. And maybe they need to go back to that?

The two Buffalo Teams are a story of mirror opposites. With the Bills, you have some really talented players and some not-so-talented players, but the key ingredient in their poor play is their brain-dead coaching staff and overrated owner and ex-GM.

In the Sabres, you have one of the best coaches in the NHL, as evidenced by how he got THIS year's crew to play so well that they won 7 of those first 9 wins methodically, smartly, and with passion, but a small group of the most talented players are enjoying their new fat paychecks so much that they don't care to work so hard anymore. It makes their feet hurt to skate so hard anymore. And their juvenile and selfish attitudes are rubbing off on their peers.

Lindy Ruff should read up on football, because the Bills could use a mind like HIS in charge of their ship. And Jauron should go coach those asshats with the big contracts at HSBC, and they can all watch their fat paychecks dwindle, along with their careers, in oblivion as we all forget their names.