Who do you blame for Buffalo's losing skid?

Justice

Who's to blame for the 4 game losing slide?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the most blame for losing skid?

• Jauron
    • Edwards
    • lack of pass rush
    • injuries
    • Turk Schonert
    • running game

Definitely lack of pass rush. A decent pass rush is a HUGE element of success. A good pass rush can:

1. result in a sack for loss of yards -- it's a game of field position after all

2. result in a QB fumble w/possible loss of possession or even a defensive score

3. result in an interception or even a pick 6

4. change the momentum of a game -- demoralize the opposing offense

5. make the opposing QB play scared

6. knock the opposing starting QB out of the game

As Bruce Smith used to say -- "Bad things man, bad things"

It's the biggest missing ingredient right now and has been all season long. Imagine if the Bills had a Bruce Smith-type of player this season?!! Jauron would be up for coach-of-the year. It's a huge problem. It's easy to rip the coach or the QB -- and some of it may be deserved, but a pass rush is the solution to what ails the Bills right now.

this just my own opinion, but last i checked jauron is the HEAD COACH. he should be making sure all of his players are prepped for each and every game, edwards included. whether it be talking to his fellow coached or whatever. i say it is 90% his fault. i say today on the news edwards saying that he has been watching video of the defenses but it every of the past 4 weeks of games he has seen new things. he admitted that he has not been able to adjust and needs to work on it. this is true with a young qb. no matter what happens i say we leave edwards in just to see what this kid really has. my opinion on him will be held until the end of the season. mike holmgren has said it take a good 20-24 games to truly evaluate a QB.

Bad poll, you didn't incluse Losman.

I blame Losman because he has no business being here.

If we had a viable backup we could have put him in there when Edwards sustained the concussion and kept him in there for a few games.

As it was they rushed Edwards back in there and now the season is shot.

End of story.

The Bills were stupid to discount the importance of a backup QB.

Well...blame Losman all you want...but if Trent had even a third of JP's swagger, he would still be a sexy pick to lead this team back from their current predicament, all the way to the Super Bowl...but alas, no swagger+0 sexiness=no game=no plaoffs...

:censored:

Definitely lack of pass rush. A decent pass rush is a HUGE element of success. A good pass rush can:

1. result in a sack for loss of yards -- it's a game of field position after all

2. result in a QB fumble w/possible loss of possession or even a defensive score

3. result in an interception or even a pick 6

4. change the momentum of a game -- demoralize the opposing offense

5. make the opposing QB play scared

6. knock the opposing starting QB out of the game

As Bruce Smith used to say -- "Bad things man, bad things"

It's the biggest missing ingredient right now and has been all season long. Imagine if the Bills had a Bruce Smith-type of player this season?!! Jauron would be up for coach-of-the year. It's a huge problem. It's easy to rip the coach or the QB -- and some of it may be deserved, but a pass rush is the solution to what ails the Bills right now.

:censored::thumbsup:

I would vote for our owner if it was a choice.

I still think the Bills have O-line problems, but anyone who knows football knows, a dominating D-line, and a dominating O-line can cure most problems any team has on the field...it really is that simple. I fear the Bills have painted themselves into a corner, defensively. They have committed themselves to a lousy defensive scheme that works as often as it doesn't, becuase that scheme needs the right players...the Bills still don't have those players. Granted, the D can play well at times, but they don't dominate even the worst teams, and, they rarely make a stop when the game is on the line.

Partly, I blame myself for all this too. Coming into this season, I honestly thought this was another 6-8 win season for the Bills. Trents' early play had me suckered into thinking he had more going for him than most young guys, and we might be able to skip that really long, extended growing period that is inevitable with young QB's. I was wrong. I still think Trent will rebound from this, and turn out to be a very good QB for us...but this season is looking like another lost year...we really have to win out to stand a shot at the playoffs...or hope that two of our other divisional foes experience they kind of free fall that we are experiencing right now...the future starts tomorrow!