Trent Edwards

Alden Bulldog

What do you think of Trent Edwards?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Trent Edwards?

• A good QB in a slump right now.
    • A good QB dealing with horrible coaching
    • A good QB dealing with a horrible O-Line
    • A good QB dealing with a horrible O-Line & Coaching
    • SUCKS. NEVER SHOULD PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN
    • Other opinions

Think he is still a good young qb whose successes have been counter-attacked by good defensive coaches. As Jaws said on MNF, "they know he's a good outside passer, so they double-cover outside and force him to throw to the middle." Then Trent says the Bills practise all week for a completely different defense. There was nowhere to go except his outlets and occasionally Johnson or Royal down the middle. Why didn't Schonert have Evans running some in-patterns?

Edwards definitely looked like a kid out there, but coaching didn't help matters. We don't have the Cronell, Parcell, Belichick minds running this team.

This poll is a complete joke.

Your objectivity goes right out the window when you go from offering rational choices to just plain stupid ones.

Maybe Trent is just not that good of a QB and is slowly becoming exposed as teams get more film on him.

Go waste time somewhere else.

This poll is a complete joke.

Your objectivity goes right out the window when you go from offering rational choices to just plain stupid ones.

Maybe Trent is just not that good of a QB and is slowly becoming exposed as teams get more film on him.

Go waste time somewhere else.

Or Maybe the rookie Offensive coordinator has his head up his ass. Turk Schonert has been putting Trent Edwards is some difficult situations. Calling the shotgun play most of the time every game. He called the shotgun on 3rd and one three times against the pats,wth is up with that?

The Bills rarely run play action pass which would keep the defense guessing. Schonert wants to keep calling shotgun passing plays which keep getting Edwards hurried,harried,hit and rushed! Either that or the defense drops 8 into coverage and takes Lee Evans away,the rest of the receivers drop the ball or run the wrong routes!!!

Did you happen to notice that Steve Johnson was starting over James Hardy!That's right the 7th rounder got the nod over the 2nd rounder.

Yea nobody on the bills has opened up and said it but Hardy is just like the 49ers tight end Vernon Davis all talent and no brain. His route running stinks and has caused some interceptions!Stick that in your objectivity! :lol:

Or Maybe the rookie Offensive coordinator has his head up his ass. Turk Schonert has been putting Trent Edwards is some difficult situations. Calling the shotgun play most of the time every game. He called the shotgun on 3rd and one three times against the pats,wth is up with that?

The Bills rarely run play action pass which would keep the defense guessing. Schonert wants to keep calling passing plays which keep getting Edwards hurried,harried,hit and rushed! Either that or the defense drops 8 into coverage and takes Lee Evans away,the rest of the receivers drop the ball or run the wrong routes!!!

Did you happen to notice that Steve Johnson was starting over James Hardy!That's right the 7th rounder got the nod over the 2nd rounder.

Yea nobody on the bills has opened up and said it but Hardy is just like the 49ers tight end Vernon Davis all talent and no brain. His route running stinks and has caused some interceptions!Stick that in your objectivity! :lol:

Do you even understand what objectivity means?

My point was that the poll choices sucked, 5 of the 7 choices complemented Edwards and blamed others while all other choices were either ridiculous or fell into the "other" category.

Ok. Trent Edwards was horrible this past month.

Is this the real Trent Edwards? Who do you blame Edwards failures on?

Post Concussion trauma.

It's not even questionable, and don't bring up the SD game. It's the brain we are talking about, it is not just a simple bruise! He should be on IR , or he'll be lost for the rest of his career.

Do you even understand what objectivity means?

My point was that the poll choices sucked, 5 of the 7 choices complemented Edwards and blamed others while all other choices were either ridiculous or fell into the "other" category.

Dude,first of all the poll only has 6 choices not 7 and 4 of the 6 were asking if something OTHER then Edwards is the problem. The Poll doesn't suck and I agree with it in that there are other severe problems with the team besides the 2nd year QB.

I think you missed my point in that the QB young or old has to depend on his receivers to do their job. Reading defenses and adjusting their routes accordingly. This Bills team has one really good receiver and that is Lee Evans.Opponents take him outta the game with double coverages and rolling coverages to him. They also don't show Edwards the same defense he prepared for ( his statements ) so is that the 2nd yr QB's fault or the coaches ?

My own personal philosophy has been that I always give a QB 20 games to make a decision about him. I figure 1 full year(16 games) of starts and then the beginning of the next year to work out the rest of the kinks, is enough time for them to figure out the game and who they are.

Since I'm not counting the Arizona game, this is the last week that I will give Trent a pass as a QB learning the game. I will say that I have liked a lot of what I have seen so far, but I do think that the hit in Arizona has affected him and if he works through it he'll be good.

I think it's going to be a very interesting rest of the season for us Bills fans.

Other:

TE is a good, young qb who is not nearly as good as he is going to be. He is learning on the job. Part of that learning includes screwing up just like any other job. Fans are impatient and Bills fans especially so since we are sick and damn tired of losing games and losing seasons. The offensive line has been inconsistent. If the running game was as effective season long as it was Monday night (except for the last drive), the pressure wouldn't be on Edwards to pass as much. Let there be no doubt, the pressure is on the Bills to throw the ball as the running has generally failed this season against mostly mediocre opponents. Fans forget or never comprehend the huge jump in competition from college to the pros. Mistakes such as holding on to the ball too long, not seeing open receivers, telegraphing passes, not throwing the ball away, not taking the sack and scrambling out of trouble are all correctable. I have seen enough of Edwards to know yes, he is struggling, he is making his share of mistakes but he is also progressing. Edwards did not quit Monday night nor did the rest of the team. The Bills are a very young team. At some point, hopefully, the game plans all come together. Once again, the Bills are a very young team (the Bills next opponent the Chiefs, are also very young). Don't quit on the Bills and don't quit on Edwards. I do urge considering an alternative to running three straight times on a potentially game winning drive that only yields a long field goal attempt. In some ways some of us Bills fans are spoiled by September's victories. If we look a little closer, we see that we squeaked out a few of those wins. This last loss was especially painful as the close ones usually are. I do believe that Edwards and the Bills are better than last year. For most of us that isn't enough. We want much better. Now.

Where is the "All of the above plus he's had less than a full season as a starter so in essence he's barely more than a rookie so let's have a little friggin' patience folks and by the way this team wouldn't be any better than 5-5 with any other QB that the Bills could have had this year so STFU already" option?

It's because he didn't slap hands with me and my friend, Amy. He slapped hands with the guy before us and the guy after us. Fugger. :thumbsup:

Did you flash him?

This sounds like the typical Democratic Poll asking if Obama is a good candidate for President. Throw in some negative points that actually would reflect his play. HE (Trent Edwards) is not the next Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, John Elway or Mark Rypien. Edwards is as average as they get and that kills me. I want him to suceed along with the rest of the team. I just am not sold on him. He has shown poise at times but really hasn't shown the strong arm and QB leadership that an average team needs, much less a good team that is trying to be an elite team.

It's probably the coaching, which I said about JP, but maybe it's the Organization. The team is in a free fall that is almost guaranteeing (sp) the team of a top 15 pick, if not Top 10. Call it a hunch, but it seams that someone (owner) in the organization, is happy with the team turning a profit, growing in value and looking more desirable for a takeover year after year.

I spend a couple thousand (as a fan) year after year on this team and am disgusted in the direction they are going. Trent might of might not be the answer but if his play over the last 5 weeks is any indication what we(Bills Fans) have to deal with for the foreseeable future, we are screwed!

Good Luck Trent, but, please, take yourself out if your HEAD isn't in the game!