coaching

vegas55

We have heard from a number of Bills players, and you can see from watching the games, that Bills opponents have basically defended the same way over the last 4 games; rush 3 or 4, drop 7 or 8 in coverage, including 2 deep. Yet according to Trent, the Browns defensive scheme "surprised" him; it was not what they saw on film and practiced for all week. Apparently they watched film of the Browns prior games and assumed they would play it the same way against the Bills; not a thought they may change and adopt the scheme that was so successful against the Bills in prior 3 games. Nice coaching job; tells me the coaches were out schemed (again), and that the Bills mentality is not to change schemes defensively based on opponent.

However you cut it, it does not say much for the coaching staff. Downright scary when the Browns staff is doing you like that

Coaching sucks....'nuff said! :ph34r:

I'm struggling with this one. Part of me says that Dick sux and should be out of here. On the other hand, the team overall in the last 4 games has played pretty well with the exception of turning the ball over. Monday night I doubt that Dick told Trent to throw 3 picks or told Fred to fumble on the Clowns 30 or told Leodis to not intercept that pass or told Lindell to miss that field goal or told Ko to trap that pick. Our team is competitive even against good teams like the Jets and Patriots. We're losing primarily because of turnovers. Every game lost except Arizona has had 3 or 4 turnovers. We're very close but can't seem to get over the hump to winning.

I don't like Dick's philosophy to play a conservative close game and try to win it at the end. If you do that you can't have any mistakes or get any squirelly calls by the refs late in the game. We've gotten both of those in the losses. I'd rather have a coach who has a strong defense (which we pretty much have) and try to score around 30 points a game. Then if at the end of the game you get a bad call or someone makes a mistake it doesn't kill you.

Whenever the Tom Landry Cowboys would lose a game late due to a bad call or player mistake he'd respond: "We never should have been in that position that one bad call or mistake would beat us. We should have had the came in hand by that point". Tom is in the HOF. Unless Dick stratightens up pretty quick, he won't be. Heck, he might not even have a job next year ...

Perhaps Dick should just prepare the team during the week and then let someome else make the game time decisions.

Guest dog14787
I'm struggling with this one. Part of me says that Dick sux and should be out of here. On the other hand, the team overall in the last 4 games has played pretty well with the exception of turning the ball over. Monday night I doubt that Dick told Trent to throw 3 picks or told Fred to fumble on the Clowns 30 or told Leodis to not intercept that pass or told Lindell to miss that field goal or told Ko to trap that pick. Our team is competitive even against good teams like the Jets and Patriots. We're losing primarily because of turnovers. Every game lost except Arizona has had 3 or 4 turnovers. We're very close but can't seem to get over the hump to winning.

I don't like Dick's philosophy to play a conservative close game and try to win it at the end. If you do that you can't have any mistakes or get any squirelly calls by the refs late in the game. We've gotten both of those in the losses. I'd rather have a coach who has a strong defense (which we pretty much have) and try to score around 30 points a game. Then if at the end of the game you get a bad call or someone makes a mistake it doesn't kill you.

Whenever the Tom Landry Cowboys would lose a game late due to a bad call or player mistake he'd respond: "We never should have been in that position that one bad call or mistake would beat us. We should have had the came in hand by that point". Tom is in the HOF. Unless Dick stratightens up pretty quick, he won't be. Heck, he might not even have a job next year ...

Perhaps Dick should just prepare the team during the week and then let someome else make the game time decisions.

The last drive killed us when we didn't allow TE to finish off the drive properly and to me that was a huge, huge coaching error and I've seen to many this year to go along with the penalties and sloppy play. Yes, the team plays hard, but its not enough, the team has to win ball games because in the end its all that counts.

Win ball games or you won't keep your Job, isn't that the way its supposed to work? :lol:

If you can be the better team for four quarters, you'll win almost every game. If you try to play close then stab for a win at the last minute, well, you're as good as a kicker from 50 yards away.

Jauron has shown that he's happy with 50-50 teams, who go somewhere around 8-8.

Guest dog14787
If you can be the better team for four quarters, you'll win almost every game. If you try to play close then stab for a win at the last minute, well, you're as good as a kicker from 50 yards away.

Jim Kelly could break Dick Jauron like a twig. :lol:;);)

I liked the thought of stability and building with a steady hand, but at the same time we cannot continue to be a timid football team. No team in the NFL is afraid of playing the Bills...that's half the battle. It's tiring to keep harping on the need for better O-line play and the need for a serious UPGRADE on the D-line as well...it's tiring to NOT spread the ball around on O, and I cannot believe this team is so poor at creating pressure and turnovers.

If you're happy with the talent, then you start looking at making changes at the top...having a good (and experienced) actual GM and HC is INVALUABLE!

Guest dog14787
I liked the thought of stability and building with a steady hand, but at the same time we cannot continue to be a timid football team. No team in the NFL is afraid of playing the Bills...that's half the battle. It's tiring to keep harping on the need for better O-line play and the need for a serious UPGRADE on the D-line as well...it's tiring to NOT spread the ball around on O, and I cannot believe this team is so poor at creating pressure and turnovers.

If you're happy with the talent, then you start looking at making changes at the top...having a good (and experienced) actual GM and HC is INVALUABLE!

Timid pretty much sums Jauron up perfectly :lol:

We have heard from a number of Bills players, and you can see from watching the games, that Bills opponents have basically defended the same way over the last 4 games; rush 3 or 4, drop 7 or 8 in coverage, including 2 deep. Yet according to Trent, the Browns defensive scheme "surprised" him; it was not what they saw on film and practiced for all week. Apparently they watched film of the Browns prior games and assumed they would play it the same way against the Bills; not a thought they may change and adopt the scheme that was so successful against the Bills in prior 3 games. Nice coaching job; tells me the coaches were out schemed (again), and that the Bills mentality is not to change schemes defensively based on opponent.

However you cut it, it does not say much for the coaching staff. Downright scary when the Browns staff is doing you like that

So, want did you think of the halftime adjustments? :lol:

The stated goal of the franchise is "to compete". 8-8 and being in games is competing.

The stated goal of the franchise is "to compete". 8-8 and being in games is competing.

And 56,000+ season ticket holders believed competing was going to the playoffs. If only they'd known.

I will admit I am a season ticket holder, although I've got to believe that number won't be as high next season.

I go to games with two people who've been season holders since 1996. They've never watched a home playoff game in 13 years. One said to me after the Cleveland game that he was just tired of losing. I've never seen him that dejected, but it's wearing on people. The marketing people just can't keep beating a dead horse, which is what Bills fans are becoming. If DJ stays, I have to wonder how they can keep selling tickets, considering the team is always rumored to move, the current squad isn't very good, and the front office never changes despite being as mediocre as they've been.

And 56,000+ season ticket holders believed competing was going to the playoffs. If only they'd known.

I will admit I am a season ticket holder, although I've got to believe that number won't be as high next season.

I go to games with two people who've been season holders since 1996. They've never watched a home playoff game in 13 years. One said to me after the Cleveland game that he was just tired of losing. I've never seen him that dejected, but it's wearing on people. The marketing people just can't keep beating a dead horse, which is what Bills fans are becoming. If DJ stays, I have to wonder how they can keep selling tickets, considering the team is always rumored to move, the current squad isn't very good, and the front office never changes despite being as mediocre as they've been.

Yeah. I'm thinking Jauron may be a goner after this season. The Bills could run the table, I guess; but, that's not very likely.

It does make one feel very dejected. Jauron getting the boot means the boulder rolls all the way back to the bottom of the mountain; and, Sisyphus will have to start all over. Yet again.

My take is that Jauron gives his staff complete control over offense=Turk schonert-Defense Perry fewell- Special teams Bobby April. The latter is not a bad thing as Bobby April is one of the best in the NFL.

Schonert is a rookie and Fewell is in his second year.

Not a seasoned experienced staff by any means. Schonert needs to stop trying to throw on every down and I'm not a real big fan of the Tampa 2 defense either.

So yea coaching leaves a lot to be desired on this team....That said simply running Marshawn 20-30 times a game can change everything!

The Bills could go 11-5 if they will just run the rock :lol:

Yeah. I'm thinking Jauron may be a goner after this season. The Bills could run the table, I guess; but, that's not very likely.

It does make one feel very dejected. Jauron getting the boot means the boulder rolls all the way back to the bottom of the mountain; and, Sisyphus will have to start all over. Yet again.

I wish Jauron was never hired. However, I think he's in for at least one more season. This recent stretch is his first sign of trouble in 2.5 years. He got a pass the first 2 years due to talent and injuries. I don't see the front office turning on him this quickly. On the other hand, I don't see Jauron turning this team into a team that can win a playoff game ever.

The problem with that theory is that unless someone can get Marshawn to actually fuggin hit the hole, the offense isn't going to move the sticks enough and running the table becomes an impossibility.

I strongly disagree! The biggest problem with that theory is not Marshawn Lynch IMO! Lynch and Jackson are both capable backs with some amazing abilities.

My take is.. its the coaching staff's inability to stick with the running game even when they get behind and the offensive line.Turk Schonert wants to throw the ball on every down and out of the shotgun no less.

The Bills Offensive line...do they in any way shape or form resemble the NY Giants offensive line? Perhaps physically but not in ability and determination. Maybe you missed the games where Kris Jenkings, Vince Wolfolk Shaun Rodgers all made the bills center and guards look like high schoool players against pro's. Kris Jenkins personally tore the bills a new one even being triple teamed!!!

What do the Bills do? Of course they try and run up the middle or off tackle. the team needs to be more creative when over matched at certain positions. LIKE RUNNING AWAY FROM JENKINS!

Miss-direction plays,toss sweeps,end around's. Basically they need to stop throwing so much and concentrate on running

Quote from Lee Evans:

It’s been a rough couple of games, a rough part of the season,” Evans said. “It’s not so much what the other teams do and what they don’t do, it’s about us.”

It appeared Evans was open several times down the field, but quarterback Trent Edwards rarely looked his way.

“It’s more so what teams have been doing,” Evans said. “It’s hard to get open when they drop so many people deep and you really don’t have many underneath routes to hold people there.

“It’s not one person’s fault,” added Evans. “It’s just us, as an offense, we haven’t been playing very well.”

My take is it's the game plan and coaching failure to get the Bills best offensive player the ball!

Send the rookies deep and send Lee on the crossing routes..over the middle and underneath and end around's. Lee Evans should be seeing the ball come his way 10-15 times a game.

Jebus the retarded coaches need to find a way to get Lee Evans the ball!!

Marshawn lynch should also be getting 20-25 touches a game,the more the better.Either Lynch or Evans should be the only players that should see the ball every offensive play.Utilize your best players,don't let opponents take them away.

If Trent Edwards keeps talking about these mysterious defenses he's never seen before then why the hell isn't Jauron getting creative in practice and throwing every thing possible at Trent?

Dick Jauron is a stupid fukk who should be fired immediately.

Until the team is sold and ownership changes, the team will be 8 and 8, give or take... just the way it is. Stop pissing and moaning and enjoy them while they are still in town. They won't be there forever. Believe it. When they are gone and the tailgates end, you'll be wishing you had the 8-8 Bills back.

I strongly disagree! The biggest problem with that theory is not Marshawn Lynch IMO! Lynch and Jackson are both capable backs with some amazing abilities.

My take is.. its the coaching staff's inability to stick with the running game even when they get behind and the offensive line.Turk Schonert wants to throw the ball on every down and out of the shotgun no less.

The Bills Offensive line...do they in any way shape or form resemble the NY Giants offensive line? Perhaps physically but not in ability and determination. Maybe you missed the games where Kris Jenkings, Vince Wolfolk Shaun Rodgers all made the bills center and guards look like high schoool players against pro's. Kris Jenkins personally tore the bills a new one even being triple teamed!!!

What do the Bills do? Of course they try and run up the middle or off tackle. the team needs to be more creative when over matched at certain positions. LIKE RUNNING AWAY FROM JENKINS!

Miss-direction plays,toss sweeps,end around's. Basically they need to stop throwing so much and concentrate on running

Well, you are free to disagree all you want. :thumbsup:

I agree that the center of the Bills line sucks, btw. Especially the C position, where the Bills don't have any good options. OTOH, Lynch is far too prone to dance around in the hole and try to turn a clustertuck into something shiny. Fred Jackson comes in and looks better because he just takes the ball and hits the crack and runs downhill. Lynch has to realize he's not going to take every hand-off to the house.