Trent Edwards is still suffering from lingering effects

firstngoal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in the back of my mind I still can't get out the feeling that the concussion is causing him some problems, even though he played well the week after in that game. He just doesn't seem the same to me, defensive adjustments by the opponents considered.

I said the same thing but others tell me how do you explain his good game against San Diego? It may not be his concussion but him being scared of getting his brain scrambled again by some of the hits he is taking.

Remember the Chargers didn't sack Edwards at all that game...in fact he was barely touched in that game.

Since then he's been hit and pounded numerous times which could have started the effects all over again.

Remember the Chargers didn't sack Edwards at all that game...in fact he was barely touched in that game.

Since then he's been hit and pounded numerous times which could have started the effects all over again.

Dude come on. He had all night to throw against the Browns. How can being afraid of getting hit explain holding the ball too long? Wouldn't it make him throw it more quickly rather than holding it?

i would imagine that playing qb at the nfl level requires instantaneous processing of information and super quick reflexes to carry through with that info. I do believe that there is some residual of the concussion which is affecting his play. I read where increased stress increases the symptoms. I'm not looking for an excuse for trent, just a reason for the drastic dropoff in his play....

I really doubt the concussion is still affecting him. One would think that the trainers/doctors/coaches have been on him like a hawk to see if there are any lingering affects either during practice or the game. If Trent showed ANY indication of concussion-like symptoms, his arse would have been pulled off the field faster than you can say "kummelweck".

i would imagine that playing qb at the nfl level requires instantaneous processing of information and super quick reflexes to carry through with that info. I do believe that there is some residual of the concussion which is affecting his play. I read where increased stress increases the symptoms. I'm not looking for an excuse for trent, just a reason for the drastic dropoff in his play....

Are there any effects of concussions that are impacted by rifts in the space/time continuum? This might explain Trent's horrific play in the first part of the Raiders game where he almost threw the game away. I realize it was before his concussion but maybe there was a time warp that day.

I don't think that his symptoms would be noticeable at the normal level of functioning. And i don't think they could recreate the stress he feels in the pocket during a live game. In practice he knows he's not going to get hit or that somebody is trying to knock him into lala land. It's a different story in a live game when any of the 11 defensive players would love to lay a hurtful hit on him....

Dude come on. He had all night to throw against the Browns. How can being afraid of getting hit explain holding the ball too long? Wouldn't it make him throw it more quickly rather than holding it?

I never said he's afraid of getting hit ;)

I'm beginning to think that he's not nearly as good as everybody made him out to be when the Bills started off 4-0.

Actually by that point he was too afraid to get hit, to afraid to throw because he was too afraid it would be intercepted and he was too afraid of losing his job because he saw what a string of bad games does to a starter in buffalo the last 4 years.

I really doubt the concussion is still affecting him. One would think that the trainers/doctors/coaches have been on him like a hawk to see if there are any lingering affects either during practice or the game. If Trent showed ANY indication of concussion-like symptoms, his arse would have been pulled off the field faster than you can say "kummelweck".

One would "think"...but this isn't hockey, where they have a set and rather stringent policy for concussion recovery. The NFL doesn't acknowledge the intermediate- and long-term effects of concussions NEARLY enough.

I suspect (but don't know, and can't prove) that if the NHL's policies w/r/t concussions were applied to Edwards, he wouldn't be cleared to play.