Why so depressed around here?

devldog131

The sun will come out.................tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrooooooooooooooooooow

Do you really see us beating the Jets/Felons/Pats? I certainly hope the Bills end thier string of making opposing QB's look good.

Why be depressed? There's always next year. We're rebuilding, after all. A couple more strong drafts, a top free agent or two, a little more seasoning for the kids who are just learning the system, letting the young QB develop another year...we'll be fine. Let's just be patient awhile as the team goes through some growing pains. We have to have some faith!

-11/19/2000

Regardless of who thought what before the Year started The Buffalo Bills were 5-1 and riding high after 6 Games...Does it really matter what expectations were and the the fact that they were exceeding them? They were 5-1 and Playing good sound Football...They were beating the Teams they should beat and most importantly they were 3-0 at Home...Good Teams and well Coached Teams defend their Home Field...

My frustration with the Bills is not about their current Record cause it is what it is...The problem I have is the fact that they have lost 2 VERY winnable games at Home...In fact all of these last 4 losses were winnable Games...The Bills have gone out and played stupid, sloppy Football on Offense and I feel that is a direct reflection on the Coaching...The Bills have done FAR more to lose these 4 Games then their Opponents have to Win them...Look at the Jets and New England Games...All those opposing Offenses really had to do was put together one long drive in the 4th Quarter to seal a Victory because The Bills had made so may blunders up to that point...Sloppy Play and lack of execution, to me at least, points directly to a Coaching Staff not having the Players prepared with a decent Game Plan...These Guys look completely lost out there at times...They are ill-prepared and it shows up in the turnovers...Not to take Trent off the hook completely, but has anyone here noticed the Bills catching a defense off guard with anything the past 4 weeks?

Things are bad because this Team blew a golden opportunity and now is going to sit out of the Playoffs for yet another Year...This Team is toast because the Coaching Staff does not have a clue on how to fix things that are broken...This Team is in serious trouble because while they have great citizens, they have almost no internal Leadership or Players that will hold other Players accountable...This Team is Dead because their Head Coach is lacking a pulse and the ability to light a fire under anyone...

With a decent Coaching Staff and some internal Leadership this Team SHOULD be at least 8-2 right now and challanging for Home field in The AFC...The proof is in the fact that not one single game during this 0-4 free fall, a free fall that has seen them turn the ball over at a record pace, have the Bills been blown out of a Game...think about it...Even with ALL the mistakes a play here and a play there and this Team could conceivably be 9-1...If that does not tell you there is a serious problem in Buffalo I don't know what will... :thumbdown:

Devldog131, good for you. You are a fan just like the rest of us. Dont let the guys like bdlam run you off. There are a lot of pessimists on this board. I can be at times i must admit. I grew up watching my father scream at the tv every sunday. I did not really know who Joe Ferguson was, but i knew my dad did not like him much. My family actually worked for the orginization in the 70s and 80s. So i grew a bills fan. I think what you are hearing on here, is that most of us are use to being dissapointed, year after year. Even in the " Glory Days" we still dissapointed.

When the Bills get back to the Super Bowl, and When they win it i think we will all stare at our tvs and the field, waiting for something to take it away from us. The disbelief will turn to tears then.

We are all hoping that the Bills win. I think most guys here have had their heart hardened and are sick of buying into the team onyl to have them break their heart. I am a fan and think we could win out, but we have to play every quarter with the same desperation/determination we played with in the fourth quarter of monday nights game. Save the last three plays. Hopefully our Coach learned from that mistake. I hope. We do have a good young team with a lot of potential. And if they get that fire back like last year they can finish this year strong. Someone needs to have a players only meeting up there and clear the air. Get these guys back to playing football and haveing fun doing it.

Regardless of who thought what before the Year started The Buffalo Bills were 5-1 and riding high after 6 Games...Does it really matter what expectations were and the the fact that they were exceeding them? They were 5-1 and Playing good sound Football...They were beating the Teams they should beat and most importantly they were 3-0 at Home...Good Teams and well Coached Teams defend their Home Field...

My frustration with the Bills is not about their current Record cause it is what it is...The problem I have is the fact that they have lost 2 VERY winnable games at Home...In fact all of these last 4 losses were winnable Games...The Bills have gone out and played stupid, sloppy Football on Offense and I feel that is a direct reflection on the Coaching...The Bills have done FAR more to lose these 4 Games then their Opponents have to Win them...Look at the Jets and New England Games...All those opposing Offenses really had to do was put together one long drive in the 4th Quarter to seal a Victory because The Bills had made so may blunders up to that point...Sloppy Play and lack of execution, to me at least, points directly to a Coaching Staff not having the Players prepared with a decent Game Plan...These Guys look completely lost out there at times...They are ill-prepared and it shows up in the turnovers...Not to take Trent off the hook completely, but has anyone here noticed the Bills catching a defense off guard with anything the past 4 weeks?

Things are bad because this Team blew a golden opportunity and now is going to sit out of the Playoffs for yet another Year...This Team is toast because the Coaching Staff does not have a clue on how to fix things that are broken...This Team is in serious trouble because while they have great citizens, they have almost no internal Leadership or Players that will hold other Players accountable...This Team is Dead because their Head Coach is lacking a pulse and the ability to light a fire under anyone...

With a decent Coaching Staff and some internal Leadership this Team SHOULD be at least 8-2 right now and challanging for Home field in The AFC...The proof is in the fact that not one single game during this 0-4 free fall, a free fall that has seen them turn the ball over at a record pace, have the Bills been blown out of a Game...think about it...Even with ALL the mistakes a play here and a play there and this Team could conceivably be 9-1...If that does not tell you there is a serious problem in Buffalo I don't know what will... :thumbdown:

I see the mistake laden play the last few weeks not as a lack of good coaching, but as a typical symptom of young players learning the pro game. Here are some interesting facts for you:

Avg NFL experience of team(as of opening day) = 2.8 yrs

Avg NFL experience of starters(those listed 1st on bb.com depth chart) = 3.9 yrs

If you ask me, some mistakes are to be expected from a team this inexperienced. But on the bright side, many of our players have many years left and will only improve(including all of the promising youg talent on the roster) setting us up for a long period of success.

Sorry, but after the 4-0 start, this was supposed to be the year that the Bills controlled their own destiny in the month of December and finally got over the hump. Any team that starts that way earns those expectations, and as fans, we were not wrong to have them.

Now it's the same nonsense we've had over the last 4 years where there're with 6 games to go and the Bills have to leapfrog a bunch of other teams without the luxury of having any tiebreakers.

Looking ahead at the schedule, even this week is not a given. In addition to what other posters mentioned about the Chiefs and Thigpen, the Bills have won only once at Arrowhead in the last 7 or 8 tries.

Later they have to make a trip to Denver. Who thinks that they will get pressure on Cutler and cover Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal? :thumbdown:

As for the divisional games, if anything can happen, the Bills have a 12.5% chance that they win all three, all things being equal.

Maybe I'll come around later in the week, but I'm still concerned about their recent history. If they couldn't reverse trends at home against Cleveland, why should we think they'll do it on the road against Kansas City?