The aftermath...

Alphadawg7

1. Our O-Line gave Trent all kinds of time to throw and he still couldnt throw to anyone other than Marshawn. He has been great when he had time, but to see him play so scared with all that time has me worried. This is concerning to me...he was shell shocked last night and the whole hype on Edwards was his poise. So if that poise isnt what we thought, does he really have the potential we all thought? Im not saying he doesnt, just saying its not so clear anymore as he has been bad now in this losing streak.

Plus, under pressure hes been making bad choices and throwing off his back foot...so, I hope he can battle back through this and regain that poise.

2. Marshawn is such a better player when he is involved in the passing game and hits his holes with authority. The announcers were right on about him last night and the dancing he does trying to make a bigger play when getting 3 or 4 yards going straight down hill is a successful play.

3. We are a way better team when we get Lee Evans in the game early and often. There is no excuse for this guy to have zero catches...when he is involved it gives Trent confidence...

4. I get nervous everytime the ball is thrown to Royal...time to start giving Fine more PT

5. Steve Johnson needs more PT as well. At this point, our vets are not making an impact at WR and TE, so give the young guys some time to see if they can give us a spark and further their development.

6. Dick Juaron is making bad decisions. The horrible challenges, the horrible non challenges, and the ultra conservative not to lose strategy is killing us. You dont settle for a 45+ yard FG to save your season when you have a first down, a weak D, a windy stadium, and plenty of time to keep moving the ball. What a joke that was...I am officially jumping on the Bill Cowher band wagon here...I was in support of DJ, but he's consistently showing me bad coaching decisions and I am now convinced we need to go another direction to advance this team.

7. We miss Josh Reed and Schobel big time...

Also, the front office is in a lose-lose situation at QB right now. We SHOULD have put JP in once it became clear Trent wasnt looking to throw anymore...not a permanent change, just get him out and get his head straight this game kind of thing. But, the office cant do that because of the high profile of JP and the controversy it would cause.

Let me be clear...I am not saying pull a QB because he makes a few bad throws and is having an off night...heck, it happens to the best of them and you play through it. But this was different...Trent looked scared, lost, and hesitant out there last night for most of the game. He's still a young guy and I think this free fall from first to last is weighing on him hard.

He reminded me of "Cougar" in the beginning of the movie Top Gun last night. He lost the edge...lets just hope its a temporary problem because I have high hopes for him.

The aftermath is...more than likely no playoffs for another year

The aftermath of the past four games is that the guy who was supposed to be the QB who could win games and play smart is clearly fallen off a cliff. The announcers last night said "no" but you do have to wonder if that hit in Arizona really has effected Trent. He just does not seem like the same player. In some ways this episode should not be a suprise. Recall that his level of play also fell apart at the end of last season. I'm not worried about the playoffs this year. I'm worried about the playoffs next year and the year after that. You can't win in this league without a respectable QB. The Ravens, and arguably the Bears, have shown that you can do it with an average one if your defense is spectacular. However, if you want to be in it consistently year after year you have to have a QB.

What a disaster.

The aftermath of the past four games is that the guy who was supposed to be the QB who could win games and play smart is clearly fallen off a cliff. The announcers last night said "no" but you do have to wonder if that hit in Arizona really has effected Trent. He just does not seem like the same player. In some ways this episode should not be a suprise. Recall that his level of play also fell apart at the end of last season. I'm not worried about the playoffs this year. I'm worried about the playoffs next year and the year after that. You can't win in this league without a respectable QB. The Ravens, and arguably the Bears, have shown that you can do it with an average one if your defense is spectacular. However, if you want to be in it consistently year after year you have to have a QB.

What a disaster.

That would be hard to take. Especially when we are seeing guys like Flacco and Ryan lighting it up as rookies. Buffalo deserves better after all these years.

Dick Juaron is making bad decisions. The horrible challenges, the horrible non challenges, and the ultra conservative not to lose strategy is killing us. You dont settle for a 45+ yard FG to save your season when you have a first down, a weak D, a windy stadium, and plenty of time to keep moving the ball. What a joke that was...I am officially jumping on the Bill Cowher band wagon here...I was in support of DJ, but he's consistently showing me bad coaching decisions and I am now convinced we need to go another direction to advance this team.

You can pick apart last night's game all week, but what it came down to was the final drive and the run calls that led to the FG attempt.

It was a total team collapse...coaching, play calling, execution...the players on the field, everyone on the Bills' sideline and up in the booth, crapped the bed.