Well, It Was A Fun Tailgate...

R. Rich

The tailgate for the Bills-Ravens game was a huge success! We went into the day with 22 people having paid for the buffet, by the end of the day, 65 people had paid, and there were more in the downstairs area (the buffet was upstairs) that didn't pay, but hung out and had drinks with us. It was a lot of fun. I was amazed at how hard the people at Sliders were working for us. They did good business off the drink specials, according to Tim, the owner, but they really didn't make a lot of money from the buffet. They had only planned it for 40 guests and 65 show up. They did an excellent job and I'll be sure to send some sort of thanks their way on behalf of all of us. Here's some photos from the tailgate and the game. I would have taken more, but the batteries on our camera were low and I only got these shots. There are more on the 35mm camera, but we just took that roll of film in to get the prints developed and to put them onto a CD. Once I get them back, I'll add them to these photos.

The game? It sucked. What a waste of a great defensive effort! Keeping a team to 162 total yards should mean a huge victory, not a loss by 2 TD's!!!!! Unreal.

The tailgate for the Bills-Ravens game was a huge success!  We went into the day with 22 people having paid for the buffet, by the end of the day, 65 people had paid, and there were more in the downstairs area (the buffet was upstairs) that didn't pay, but hung out and had drinks with us.  It was a lot of fun.  I was amazed at how hard the people at Sliders were working for us.  They did good business off the drink specials, according to Tim, the owner, but they really didn't make a lot of money from the buffet.  They had only planned it for 40 guests and 65 show up.  They did an excellent job and I'll be sure to send some sort of thanks their way on behalf of all of us.  Here's some photos from the tailgate and the game.  I would have taken more, but the batteries on our camera were low and I only got these shots.  There are more on the 35mm camera, but we just took that roll of film in to get the prints developed and to put them onto a CD.  Once I get them back, I'll add them to these photos.

The game?  It sucked.  What a waste of a great defensive effort!  Keeping a team to 162 total yards should mean a huge victory, not a loss by 2 TD's!!!!!  Unreal.

86133[/snapback]

Rich, thanks for talking me into going. As you said, the game sucked but the pre- and post-game made the trip worth it. It was good to hang out with you and Lisa, again...next time it will be under better circumstances (hopefully).

P.S. - "Yeah we do!" ;);)

I feel for you big guy! I'm going to Miami in Dec. I just hope they win there???

Jeff

86136[/snapback]

We may have to meet up...a few of us on here are going to the game from WNY....we are staying in Ft.Lauderdale....are you staying around there?

Rich, thanks for talking me into going. As you said, the game sucked but the pre- and post-game made the trip worth it. It was good to hang out with you and Lisa, again...next time it will be under better circumstances (hopefully).

P.S. - "Yeah we do!"  ;)  ;)

86140[/snapback]

The stuff before and after the game made it worthwhile. Especially, "Yeah we do!".......hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Nice picture Bud. How fun would it be to go to a game if the Bills actually won? LOL.

86157[/snapback]

I wish I knew this year, Kelly. I'm 0-2 (going on 0-3 this weekend??) so far. The only win I got to see this year was Psycho Ward 86's Steelers beating the Cleve Brownies 2 weeks ago.

I wish I knew this year, Kelly.  I'm 0-2 (going on 0-3 this weekend??) so far.  The only win I got to see this year was Psycho Ward 86's Steelers beating the Cleve Brownies 2 weeks ago.

86161[/snapback]

This losing is horrid. Im so sick of it week in and week out. I love them but I swear they hate me.

Yeah I know ....no one should hate.

We may have to meet up...a few of us on here are going to the game from WNY....we are staying in Ft.Lauderdale....are you staying around there?

86153[/snapback]

We take a bus down and drink the whole way down (crack the keg around 6:00am). When it gets closer we should all meet up.

Jeff

It is very frustrating being a Bills fan now.  VERY frustrating.

86174[/snapback]

Very much like the 2-14 years. (hell it is a lot like 1969-70! ;))

Now is the time when we see who the fans are and who are the pretenders.

Glad to hear the tailgate was a success. B)

Very much like the 2-14 years. (hell it is a lot like 1969-70!  ;))

Now is the time when we see who the fans are and who are the pretenders.

Glad to hear the tailgate was a success.  B)

86193[/snapback]

We could've used you there, Rock. Besides that, it was a success. I had a great time.