Root of all Bills problems

LOL Let Ralph !@#$ you some more. This "BUT AT LEAST WE GET A MEDIOCRE NFL PRODUCT IN BUFFALO!" crap is the worst argument I've ever heard.

I'd rather have a mediocre product than no product at all. As I said in another thread, Buffalo isn't where coaches or players want to play unless they're getting over market rates. And with the market the Bills have, it's not like that's a smart strategy.

But you're free to root for whatever team you want. Unlike your parents, you CAN choose your football team. Just ask Defender51.

It's no coincidence that Bill Polian has made the Colts an NFL powerhouse. The fact that Ralph wanted Flutie over Kelly just goes to show you that Ralph sucks as an owner.

So Ralph knew in 1997 (when jim retired) that he was going to sign Flutie in 1998?

I've been a devoted Bills fan since 1985. When the Bills were at 5-1, I became enthusiastic about their playoff hopes despite a nagging feeling of deja vue. This three game losing skid has made me remember exactly what is wrong with this franchise.

I think the root of the Bills problems is Ralph Wilson himself.

In the Bills 48 year history they've had 14 head coaches over 16 head coaching terms, (Johnson and Saban had two terms each) for an average coaching term of 3 years. If you remove 12 years of Marv Levy from the figures as an anomaly, the average head coaching term is only 2.4 years. This reflects poorly on team ownership to say the least.

The fact that a great general manager like Bill Polian, and a good gm like John Butler, and good gm material like A.J. Smith were all fired, the travesty of the Donahoe era, and that these days the team doesn't even have a gm title anymore... poor reflection on Ralph Wilson again.

I billieve that the root of all the Bills problems is the irresponsibility, egomania, and meddling stupidy of Ralph Wilson.

Just had to get this off my chest.

Go Bills (sigh)

As Sylvester Stallone once said, Absolutely. Great post, !@#$ Ralph.

No, he wanted Flutie over Kelly back in the 80's, but they were fortunate enough to have Bill Polian at the time. I've got to wonder now if Polian would of drafted Trent Edwards. I doubt he would.

Gotcha. So Ralph took Jim Kelly in the 1st round of '83, knowingg he'd like to draft Flutie 2 years later in 1985. So, when exactly in 1985 would have ralph drafted Flutie that Polian had to override him? Flutie was an 11th round pick. And then Ralph would have started 11th round Flutie in 1986 over Jim Kelly?