The Bledsoe Apologists Club

Oakland this year. A very winnable game. We lost because drew was inaccurate that day. Poor judgement.

If there was anyone who I wish could turn it around, it would be Drew. But 5 or 6 times a year he'll throw out a real clunker like he did on Sunday. 2 or 3 clunker games a year is OK - even an aging Favre does that, but Favre makes up for it by winning games by himself. Drew can't do that.

Ugh. It's depressing to think about.

Have you cancelled your membership yet in the "Travis Henry is a Top 5 Back, and Worth a First Round Pick Club?  :D

86955[/snapback]

:doh::D:D:P:doh::doh::doh:

Feel free to check my post history.

I've never said Henry was a top 5 back. The highest accolades I've ever given him were when I stated that he was a top 15 NFL back.

And I've never said we'd get a 1st round pick for Henry. In fact, as best as I can recall, I've never talked about trading Henry period.

Like you, I believe that McGahee is the better back. However, unlike you, I think we can still eventually be a good offense with both on the field at the same time - Henry at HB and McGahee at FB.

Would Drew have been successfull behind Wolford, Ballard, Hull, Davis, Ritcher.......with Thurman Thomas running the ball and receivers like Andre Reed and James Loften......

85766[/snapback]

Has there ever been a QB more in need of everything being perfect than Drew? Doesn't that usually mean the guy stinks and he needs great players to cover that up?

PTR

<_<  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :doh:  :P  :doh:

Feel free to check my post history.

I've never said Henry was a top 5 back. The highest accolades I've ever given him were when I stated that he was a top 15 NFL back.

And I've never said we'd get a 1st round pick for Henry. In fact, as best as I can recall, I've never talked about trading Henry period.

Like you, I believe that McGahee is the better back. However, unlike you, I think we can still eventually be a good offense with both on the field at the same time - Henry at HB and McGahee at FB.

87047[/snapback]

Unlike me is correct. I view them both as tailbacks. Maybe we have differing definitions on the positions.

Imo, Tony Dorsett was the consumate halfback. He hit the hole fast, and had blazing speed, something Henry lacks.

Fullback? Sam Gash, Marv Hubbard, Moose Johnston to name a few. These are big strong monsters who also lacked speed and were relied upon to block as much as run, perhaps more.

I view MaGahee as too valuable to use in a situational sense. I want to see him used in a similar way to E. James....lots of carries, some receptions, and pass blocking.

Henry imo is as one dimensional as they come. He seems to have cured the fumbling, now he slides on his ass.

If the Bills management thought Henry was SO great, why did they draft Willis? After all, Henry put up numbers and they certainly had other needs, such as safety and OG.

Hopefully, Willis will produce again on Sunday as he did in his only start and make this discussion a moot point. :)