Interesting stat

JPicc2114

Awesome! :blink:

Wait, I have no idea what that means. Is that the percentage of catchable passes thrown his way that were successfully caught? Is it catches vs. drops?

It's pct of passes thrown a receivers way that they caught. I'm assuming he got that from footballoutsiders.com. In layman's terms it means we're missing a key cog. A lot of people may not think much of Josh Reed. He was however on pace for about 60 catches and almost 700 yards. He also has a very good rate of 1st down receptions. We lost a valuable #2 wr, with no one to replace him. I dont think it's any coincidence now that reed is out even our rb's who at one point led the afc in receptions among rb's have now fallen off. Parrish and Hardy are not up to snuff to what Reed was bringing this offense. Someone who was actually taking pressure off of evans

It's pct of passes thrown a receivers way that they caught. I'm assuming he got that from footballoutsiders.com. In layman's terms it means we're missing a key cog. A lot of people may not think much of Josh Reed. He was however on pace for about 60 catches and almost 700 yards. He also has a very good rate of 1st down receptions. We lost a valuable #2 wr, with no one to replace him. I dont think it's any coincidence now that reed is out even our rb's who at one point led the afc in receptions among rb's have now fallen off. Parrish and Hardy are not up to snuff to what Reed was bringing this offense. Someone who was actually taking pressure off of evans

I figured that's what it meant, I just wondered if it had some sort of qualifier for "catchable" balls. I checked FO, and it appears not.

And I agree about Reed. He makes everything a little better. I had ridiculously high hopes for him after watching him at LSU, but despite all that, he has settled into a very positive career with the Bills. I will always want him on my team.

its amazing how he caught so much flack around here isn't it...I seem to remember a lot of boarders here that wanted Reed shipped out and never heard from again...while he's no Steve Smith or Reggie Wayne, he's still a talent at WR in any teams 2nd or 3rd spot.

its amazing how he caught so much flack around here isn't it...I seem to remember a lot of boarders here that wanted Reed shipped out and never heard from again...while he's no Steve Smith or Reggie Wayne, he's still a talent at WR in any teams 2nd or 3rd spot.

He is an ok slot type receiver.

And his downfield blocking is excellent.

Reed's always been rather underrated, simply because people look at aggregate receiving totals, and not what else he brings on the field. He's also been rather underrated because he is NOT a superstar...he's a "Phil Hansen" type player, not spectacular, but consistently solid.

They just gave a stat during the game tonight that Cotchery has 46 catches without a drop this year- tops in the league. And Cotchery made a ridiculous diving one handed catch on a bomb when he was being interfered with tonight! The dude has mits!

And :wallbash: Josh Reed!