JP 2006 age 25 vs. TE 2008 age 25

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the age of 25 in 2006 JP Losman had 19 tds to 14 ints and started all 16 games.

At the age of 25 in 2008 Trent "Loser" Edwards has 7tds to 7ints and has started 9 games so far.

What's wrong here guys?

You should not be calling anyone a loser, unless you are looking in the mirror.

To be honest, I think if anything, this season has shown us that we blamed JP for all the wrong reasons.

Trent is still, in my opinion, the answer, however we should look at some key stats.

In his only full season, JP finished with over 3,000 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs, and was sacked 47 times.

Trent has played in 8 games (ignoring entirely the Cardinals game). He's on pace for over 3,000 yards, 14 TDs, 14 INTs, and 40 sacks.

Stat wise... we're trading 5 TDs to save 7 sacks... This is all just a calculation to add to the conversation, but really...Trent has not performed like the messiah he has been billed as. JP has performed just as equally, and when he did so he was certainly not giving the role as a messiah.

So in context of football related discussions. Winning and losing games is irrelevant. In the case that it goes against the guys rehashed to death argument? Got ya :lol:

in football related discussions, using the blanket statement 'player x has won more than player y, therefore he is better' is stupid, therefore making the comment irrelevant.

So in context of football related discussions. Winning and losing games is irrelevant. In the case that it goes against the guys rehashed to death argument? Got ya :lol:

I don't know pal. JP went one game under .500 with a considerably worse team and O.C in his only full season. Trent looks like he'll finish one or two games over, mostly due to our incredibly easy schedule. I'm still in favor of Trent playing because you should never bench your young-gun midway through the season *cough* mularky *cough*.

Seriously though, examine your statement. It's not like Losman was a loser. Just look at his only season where he was able to start uninterrupted. He looked fine. A definite plus. It wasn't until he got bombarded by the Steelers last year that people were calling for his head, and fortunately for them, he got hurt, unfortunately ruining his career.

Really, JP was not half as bad as you people think, he was developing as fine as Edwards, and certainly, after TE's recent mistakes, his intelligence should no longer be that big of a concern.

in football related discussions, using the blanket statement 'player x has won more than player y, therefore he is better' is stupid, therefore making the comment irrelevant.

Wins are blank statements when discussing football? :lol:

Using stats in a sport that revolves around team concept. Little minute aspects is as blank as it gets. You know who never threw for a lot of tds? Steve McNair he was a pretty damn good quarterback. Kerry Collins hasn't thrown for many tds. The titans are 9-0. Matt Cassel not many td's. Patriots are 6-3. Football is not baseball. You can't judge a position strictly on fancy fanboy numbers. You have to take the whole game into account. Mark Brunell would you say once upon a time he was a good qb? Guy never threw for more then 20 tds in a season. I can play the stat game as well as anyone. It would be a waste of time to go thru the 06 season game by game, and point out Losman did not play as well as JP fans thought he did. I dont know if Edwards is the answer. I'm waiting until the end of next season before debating that. I'm pretty confident in saying JP Losman is not, never has been. Never will be.

Using stats in a sport that revolves around team concept. Little minute aspects is as blank as it gets. You know who never threw for a lot of tds? Steve McNair he was a pretty damn good quarterback. Kerry Collins hasn't thrown for many tds. The titans are 9-0. Matt Cassel not many td's. Patriots are 6-3. Football is not baseball. You can't judge a position strictly on fancy fanboy numbers. You have to take the whole game into account. Mark Brunell would you say once upon a time he was a good qb? Guy never threw for more then 20 tds in a season. I can play the stat game as well as anyone. It would be a waste of time to go thru the 06 season game by game, and point out Losman did not play as well as JP fans thought he did. I dont know if Edwards is the answer. I'm waiting until the end of next season before debating that. I'm pretty confident in saying JP Losman is not, never has been. Never will be.

JP Losman has more heart and physical talent than TE ever will. If it wasn't for a cheap Vince Wilfork hit to the knee last year TE wouldn't even be talked about. TE was an experiment, a 3rd rounder with 3rd round talent. Supposedly Bill Walsh said he'd be a good one according to Marv Levy. Let's give our first rounder one last shot, before it's too late. I guarantee ya'll one thing, he won't be afraid. If you were to compare JP Losman's stats to Eli Manning's in 2006 you'd be surprised.

1. Steve McNair was a dual threat quarterback, running for a pretty nice 37 touchdowns in his career, probably taking away chances for him to up his passing TDs.

2. The Titans are 9-0 because of a suffocating defense and a strong running game, with Kerry Collins doing an excellent job of managing the game. He's passed for above 200 yards ONCE this year so far.

3. Matt Cassel is on a team that went undefeated last year, with one of the better, if not arguably the best (with/without cheating) football minds coaching his team.

4. Mark Brunell threw for 20+ tds thrice in his career, which makes it kind of hard for me to believe that you can play the stat game as well as anyone.

I don't know pal. JP went one game under .500 with a considerably worse team and O.C in his only full season. Trent looks like he'll finish one or two games over, mostly due to our incredibly easy schedule. I'm still in favor of Trent playing because you should never bench your young-gun midway through the season *cough* mularky *cough*.

Seriously though, examine your statement. It's not like Losman was a loser. Just look at his only season where he was able to start uninterrupted. He looked fine. A definite plus. It wasn't until he got bombarded by the Steelers last year that people were calling for his head, and fortunately for them, he got hurt, unfortunately ruining his career.

Really, JP was not half as bad as you people think, he was developing as fine as Edwards, and certainly, after TE's recent mistakes, his intelligence should no longer be that big of a concern.

I'm sorry, JP was horrible last year as well. He wasn't developing and he doesn't have the head to play in the league. Great guy though. I wish he was a better player, but he's not. If JP was the starter we would not be 5-4, maybe 3-6. JP was hurting us and had better run support. With less run support he would be that much worse.

JP Losman has more heart and physical talent than TE ever will. If it wasn't for a cheap Vince Wilfork hit to the knee last year TE wouldn't even be talked about. TE was an experiment, a 3rd rounder with 3rd round talent. Supposedly Bill Walsh said he'd be a good one according to Marv Levy. Let's give our first rounder one last shot, before it's too late. I guarantee ya'll one thing, he won't be afraid. If you were to compare JP Losman's stats to Eli Manning's in 2006 you'd be surprised.

You're entitled to your opinion man. That's fine. It's over though. Losman isn't getting another shot. This team still has a lot of the same problems it's had during Losman's tenure. I've been more impressed with Edwards then I ever was with Losman. If I'm wrong I'm willing to bite the bullet on that after next year. I'm not in favor of recyling quarterbacks yet again. It solves nothing. Losman btw reminds me a lot more of Jake Plummer then Eli. I'm not gonna argue this. It's amazing how 3 weeks quickly changes everyones opinion. Btw you want stat comparisons. Edwards has a better completion pct, and a higher yards per attempt then Eli this year. The difference. The giants can run the damn ball, better then anyone in the league. The bills run better then 3 other teams

I'm sorry, JP was horrible last year as well. He wasn't developing and he doesn't have the head to play in the league. Great guy though. I wish he was a better player, but he's not. If JP was the starter we would not be 5-4, maybe 3-6. JP was hurting us and had better run support. With less run support he would be that much worse.

Why did everyone ignore using the stats I brought up to engage in an actual comparison and just revert back to bickering and making false statements like "JP doesn't have the head to play in the league".

I'm sick of this board. You guys just don't know how to correctly converse. It's pathetic. I thought you guys would be able to talk logically about this, but you have little things in the back of your head like, "eww JP is horrible" and blah blah blah, or "eww Trent is boring". Do you know how pathetic 98% of these arguments are? If you want to have fair debate between the two open your minds just a little. Please. It's getting damn annoying.

1. Steve McNair was a dual threat quarterback, running for a pretty nice 37 touchdowns in his career, probably taking away chances for him to up his passing TDs.

2. The Titans are 9-0 because of a suffocating defense and a strong running game, with Kerry Collins doing an excellent job of managing the game. He's passed for above 200 yards ONCE this year so far.

3. Matt Cassel is on a team that went undefeated last year, with one of the better, if not arguably the best (with/without cheating) football minds coaching his team.

4. Mark Brunell threw for 20+ tds thrice in his career, which makes it kind of hard for me to believe that you can play the stat game as well as anyone.

Sorry I said never threw more then 20 tds in a season. I was off by 1. I forgot he threw 23 with the redskins.

Otherwise I assume you're gonna agree that stat's are not indictive of overall team play. That a bunch of numbers does not a good team make. Which is really the only thing that matters. More so then "your guy being in there"?

What's your point? If it wasn't for Drew Bledsoe getting knocked hard out of bounds in 2001 we never would've heard about Brady.

Sorry I said never threw more then 20 tds in a season. I was off by 1. I forgot he threw 23 with the redskins.

Otherwise I assume you're gonna agree that stat's are not indictive of overall team play. That a bunch of numbers does not a good team make. Which is really the only thing that matters. More so then "your guy being in there"?

yes, i agree, stats aren't always indicative of good overall team play. however, that still doesn't change my opinion of your "trent edwards has a winning record and jp doesn't" statement not adding anything to this discussion.