This is a joke, this thread contains a joke

San-O

... and Dick Jauron?

A: Phillips looks confused, Jauron just looks.

Seriously, what does DJ do during the games, besides not be able to find the red flag. I guess that's something

he can work on, he just needs to get better: or do we need to see that tape?

\ :w00t:

... and Dick Jauron?

Seriously, what does DJ do during the games, besides not be able to find the red flag. I guess that's something

Face it: Jauron failed to execute and he'll be working on that this coming week in practice. Perhaps Belichick rigged his red flag and beamed radio waves into DJ's head to confuse him.

... and Dick Jauron?

Come on, he needs to see the tape, it's hard to tell from down there.

... and Dick Jauron?

\ 0:)

:w00t:

Pretty funny. Actually, I think most Head Coaches do little, during the game, to have much impact on wins and losses. Most of that work is done by the coordinators and their assistants, on game day. But, one thing that a HC can do, to make a direct impact during the game, is to make the proper challenges (even then he has to trust the guys upstairs, for the most part).

If you are going to challenge the call, CHALLENGE it! Make yourself heard and the flag seen. I simply have no idea what the hell went on, today. Did he just softly drop the flag to his feet? (The announcers said the flag was on the ground, I think.) He didn't seem all that upset when it wasn't reviewed, either.

I think there is entirely too much attention paid to a HC's sideline demeanor, by fans. Some successful Head Coaches have been stoic, some ranting mad men. But, there is a time and a place when you HAVE to be demonstrative...and not just for appearances. The HC has to get the officials to notice that he is challenging the play. If they miss it, he needs to let them know that they fu#ked up. It looked like he just stood there. Very strange, IMO.

Maybe he really didn't want to challenge because he figured the officials wouldn't overturn a call in the Pats* favor. I really don't know, I just can't come up with any reasonable explanation.

Come on, he needs to see the tape, it's hard to tell from down there.

I'm with you here. He can't throw the red kerchief until his assistants tell them to who have the convenience of multiple replays. Those people must be blind as sewer rats because they make the wrong calls most of the time. :thumbsup:

#%*$@ -- Hit the Ref in the back of the head with the red flag if that's what you have to do to stop play! GET THEIR ATTENTION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. This is pitiful.

The ineptitude Bills coaches have displayed with challenges has gone on for years now (Phillips, Williams, Mularkey, & now Jauron). It's REALLY getting old. Could have easily been the difference between a Patriot TD or a Patriot FG instead. I can't believe Jauron didn't even complain. Gotta wonder about this guy.

... and Dick Jauron?

\ :thumbsup:

I think the major difference between the two is 2-3 additional wins per season, in favor of Wade.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll EVER see 8-8 again?

I think the major difference between the two is 2-3 additional wins per season, in favor of Wade.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll EVER see 8-8 again?

Here's a job for Losman -- give him the red bean bag to hold -- at least he'll get it on the field where someone will see it.