Edwards..... Discuss....

AnthonyF

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: You're an idiot. It's not a Trent v. JP issue anymore. You can't get over that, and when Trent plays poorly you look at JP? You're real intelligent pal.

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but wtf....Anthony, probably a decent sort, has a strange obsession with JP, and has for years. It comes out in passive agressive attacks on Trent, even when he wins. He gets bitterly angry if Trent wins, but doesn't pass for enough yds, thus my post.

Still, don't let that stop you from name calling. Maybe you found a friend in the OP! :blink:

I love it when people argue over the internet how they're so much "smarter" than someone else.

Nice try but, I never said I was so much smarter than anyone.

Answer this question please your majesty.

Give me a short list of successful NFL QBs that play at a high level most weeks that DO NOT have at the very least an average running attack?

Nice try but, I never said I was so much smarter than anyone.

Answer this question please your majesty.

Give me a short list of successful NFL QBs that play at a high level most weeks that DO NOT have at the very least an average running attack?

off the top of my head, i can only think of a few:

tom brady did

drew brees

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but wtf....Anthony, probably a decent sort, has a strange obsession with JP, and has for years. It comes out in passive agressive attacks on Trent, even when he wins. He gets bitterly angry if Trent wins, but doesn't pass for enough yds, thus my post.

Still, don't let that stop you from name calling. Maybe you found a friend in the OP! :blink:

You know why I called you an idiot? Because that post you made, while you found a way to justify it to yourself, was unnecessary, and if I didn't try and downgrade your intelligence, another JP v. Edwards thread would commence, bringing the Bill fans' total lack of appreciation for the game and letting franchises do their thing to a new level.

Actually I go back to screwing up the Johnson/Flutie debacle and the Tennesse game where RJ was pathetic..... As for Edwards I just am not happy with his play recently and have always thought the raves he has drawn from many has been ridiculously over the top. I want an open offense, multiple looks, some innovative play calling and see if Edwards is the QB of the future.

Schopp and the Bulldog just referred to it as a "slump"..... I am not so sure....

Actually I go back to screwing up the Johnson/Flutie debacle and the Tennesse game where RJ was pathetic..... As for Edwards I just am not happy with his play recently and have always thought the raves he has drawn from many has been ridiculously over the top. I want an open offense, multiple looks, some innovative play calling and see if Edwards is the QB of the future.

Schopp and the Bulldog just refer to it as a "slump"..... I am not so sure....

Have you watched that game? RJ was pathetic? Are you allowed to post after saying something so incorrect?

Brady had a decent run game, certainly not top tier, but much better yardage than we have

Brees? Have you seen the Saints record the last 2 years? He is fantastic, but without a run game they are below .500.

but the question was, "QBs that performed at a high level that don't have an average running attack"

:blink: You're an idiot. It's not a Trent v. JP issue anymore. You can't get over that, and when Trent plays poorly you look at JP? You're real intelligent pal.

Amen! Trent himself has played badly hiself. Yes the line isn't the greatest but it wasn't great when JP was in there. It's tme to stop blaming thel line totally and lay someof the blame on Trent.

He looked rattled today, and missed a number of receivers.

That's 3 consecutive performances in which he's failed to protect the ball. In those 3 games, the offense has put up 16, 10 and 10 points.

Why the !@#$ are people making this an Edwards vs. Losman debate?

off the top of my head, i can only think of a few:

tom brady did

drew brees

Tom Brady runningbacks and stats since 2001

2001 Antowain Smith 287 1157 4.0 44 12

Marc Edwards 51 141 2.8 14 1

Kevin Faulk 41 169 4.1 24 1

2002 Antowain Smith 252 982 3.9 42 6

Kevin Faulk 52 271 5.2 45 2

Tom Brady 42 110 2.6 15 1

2003 Antowain Smith 182 642 3.5 30 3

Kevin Faulk 178 638 3.6 23 0

2004 Corey Dillon 345 1635 4.7 44 12

Kevin Faulk 54 255 4.7 20 2

2005 Corey Dillon 209 733 3.5 29 12

Patrick Pass 54 245 4.5 31 3

Heath Evans 51 192 3.8 21 0

Kevin Faulk 51 145 2.8 13 0

2006 Corey Dillon 199 812 4.1 50 13

Laurence Maroney 175 745 4.3 41 6

2007 Laurence Maroney 185 835 4.5 59 6

Sammy Morris 85 384 4.5 49 3

Kevin Faulk 62 265 4.3 14 0

I think you can scratch Tom Brady from the top of your head..Fact is without at least an average running game this team will continue to lose against good teams..End of story..

He looked rattled today, and missed a number of receivers.

That's 3 consecutive performances in which he's failed to protect the ball. In those 3 games, the offense has put up 16, 10 and 10 points.

Why the !@#$ are people making this an Edwards vs. Losman debate?

They're not. They were going to, but they realized how dumb that would be. Trent is our starting quarterback now, and we need to move on and realize he's making mistakes, but still ahead of schedule as far as career progress is concerned. He has a lot of experience under his belt now, and throwing this picks in the long run is helping him overcome failure.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Royal stopped fumbling a few weeks ago, or if we got the onside kick. Kid doesn't quit, and so I won't blame him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You funnnnnnny today.

Dp you realize how WRONG that is?

During the Belichick years our running game this year and 2004 aside has been pretty bad, I mean Brady won Superbowls in 01 and 03 with Antoine Smith, Mike Cloud, Jerod Cherry, J.R. Redmond and Kevin Faulk running the ball other than Faulk there aren't any great players there.

Edwards worst game. Maybe he's not recovered from his concussion? May need to sit him. This is not a "benching". I think he's still hurt.

PTR

I don't want to make excuses for Edwards, but he has been terrible since coming back from the concussion. Whether it's related or not...who knows!

Tom Brady runningbacks and stats since 2001

2001 Antowain Smith 287 1157 4.0 44 12

Marc Edwards 51 141 2.8 14 1

Kevin Faulk 41 169 4.1 24 1

2002 Antowain Smith 252 982 3.9 42 6

Kevin Faulk 52 271 5.2 45 2

Tom Brady 42 110 2.6 15 1

2003 Antowain Smith 182 642 3.5 30 3

Kevin Faulk 178 638 3.6 23 0

2004 Corey Dillon 345 1635 4.7 44 12

Kevin Faulk 54 255 4.7 20 2

2005 Corey Dillon 209 733 3.5 29 12

Patrick Pass 54 245 4.5 31 3

Heath Evans 51 192 3.8 21 0

Kevin Faulk 51 145 2.8 13 0

2006 Corey Dillon 199 812 4.1 50 13

Laurence Maroney 175 745 4.3 41 6

2007 Laurence Maroney 185 835 4.5 59 6

Sammy Morris 85 384 4.5 49 3

Kevin Faulk 62 265 4.3 14 0

I think you can scratch Tom Brady from the top of your head..Fact is without at least an average running game this team will continue to lose against good teams..End of story..

all those years, save for the last 2, look pretty average.

I don't want to make excuses for Edwards, but he has been terrible since coming back from the concussion. Whether it's related or not...who knows!

Yeah I thought he was awful in that win against the Chargers after his concussion too. Can this argument evaporate from our minds yet?

Trent is not the answer. He was somebody other than JP and that is why everyone was sold on him.

I disagree with this so strongly I just changed my screen name to Edwards' Arm. He had a bad day and should have played significantly better than he did. That said, Edwards is the answer.