I just sent an email to Chris Brown

Steely Dan

I just checked and you're right he did play in three games but his stat lines have nothing to show for it. Which reinforces my "he sucks" theory.

You of all people are making the statement that a draft pick officially stinks because he doesn't see the field?

If you were in Baltimore around 2000 I'm sure you'd have jumped on the Priest Holmes stinks bandwagon as well.

I love how the 2006 draft class was never allowed to be called anything but good, while now we're on the jumping to conclusions mat for reasons why certain 08 picks stink.

For the record, has it ever occurred to you that maybe DJ is playing it safe by not allowing rooks to see the field in situations that may in any way shape or form hurt the team? Couldn't it be that there was a mandate to make the playoffs and with a historically conservative coach like DJ that means not taking risks?

With all the injuries and ineffectiveness of some players, it's more of the HC than the player. Jauron has shied from playing any pick, including McK, Hardy, Corner, Omon, Steve Johnson, and Demetrius Bell. Not seeing Ellis isn't the exception, it's a trend for all rookies. Remember, this is the HC who wouldn't play Fred Jackson over Anthony Thomas last season.

Either you don't watch the games or you do but you don't remember him playing. I've seen him in there. He hasn't done anything, but he's been in there. He does suck though, then again he's a rookie.

I pointed out in another post that only one of the three DE's taken before and after his pick doesn't have any stats. If he had weak stats I'd write it off to being a rookie but no stats is really a sign that he probably sucks.

He had a shoulder injury in college and I said before the season it wouldn't surprise me if he missed time getting another shoulder injury. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem because IIRC he's never been on the injury report.

You of all people are making the statement that a draft pick officially stinks because he doesn't see the field?

If you were in Baltimore around 2000 I'm sure you'd have jumped on the Priest Holmes stinks bandwagon as well.

I love how the 2006 draft class was never allowed to be called anything but good, while now we're on the jumping to conclusions mat for reasons why certain 08 picks stink.

For the record, has it ever occurred to you that maybe DJ is playing it safe by not allowing rooks to see the field in situations that may in any way shape or form hurt the team? Couldn't it be that there was a mandate to make the playoffs and with a historically conservative coach like DJ that means not taking risks?

With all the injuries and ineffectiveness of some players, it's more of the HC than the player. Jauron has shied from playing any pick, including McK, Hardy, Corner, Omon, Steve Johnson, and Demetrius Bell. Not seeing Ellis isn't the exception, it's a trend for all rookies. Remember, this is the HC who wouldn't play Fred Jackson over Anthony Thomas last season.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you but with the problems on the DL it doesn't speak well of him that he's not getting more playing time. Hardy has seen the field and so have McKelvin, Corner and Fine.

I don`t think we have seen enough of him to say he sucks. I would like to see him come in on obvious passing downs. Tell the kid you have one duty . Get to the QB. Keep it simple. Like I said I have not seen enough of him to pass judgement yet.

I believe the coaches have. With Schobel out if he had much to give he'd be in more and have at least one tackle.

He's playing like a typical rookie DE. Look at Derrick Harvey in Jacksonville. Half of this board was touting him as the greatest thing since Bruce Smith prior to the draft. Eight games into the season, he has zero sacks and just six tackles. Vernon Gholston hasn't done much, either, nor have most of the rookie DEs picked ahead of Ellis, for that matter. The only reason that they have any numbers to show for this season is that they have more playing time than Ellis does.

Chris Ellis may not be very good, mind you, but DE is one of the hardest positions to draft in terms of finding an impact player, especially one that can make a difference early.

He's playing like a typical rookie DE. Look at Derrick Harvey in Jacksonville. Half of this board was touting him as the greatest thing since Bruce Smith prior to the draft. Eight games into the season, he has zero sacks and just six tackles. Vernon Gholston hasn't done much, either, nor have most of the rookie DEs picked ahead of Ellis, for that matter. The only reason that they have any numbers to show for this season is that they have more playing time than Ellis does.

Chris Ellis may not be very good, mind you, but DE is one of the hardest positions to draft in terms of finding an impact player, especially one that can make a difference early.

I hope I'm wrong and it's just Jauron bringing him along slowly but it just baffles me that he hasn't seen much playing time and when he has he hasn't even made one tackle. If he becomes a solid or great DE then I'll apologize. Maybe today he'll have a breakout game!! :rolleyes: