Who Cares About Buffalo

grog

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, right again.

I'm doing a poor job of winning this conversation, so I think I should probably stop now before I'm baited into more useless quotes. Have fun with that, though....... :w00t:

;)

I'm just playing with you in good fun

But thanks for the signature line :D

I actually enjoy their show, and while they aren't the most "educated" analysts in sports, their back and forth is very amusing. Bob Ryan is a "fill-in" who ususally says moronic things on both PTI and Around the Horn. He's a tool looking for this very reaction because his life sucks so bad. Seriously, look at the guy.

Anyone who gets a response should post it here......

I will admit, Ryan has aged since his son died under mysterious circumstances (murder? suicide?) in Pakistan while Bob was in Phoenix to cover the last Super Bowl.

But looking for this reaction because his life sucks? Naw. Merely poking the hornets' nest with a stick, just for spits and giggles. Looks like it worked, too. bzzzzzzzzzzzzz .....

Oh don't worry, I plan on doing this to some other poor idiot that chooses to type freely..... thanks for the tips!!!

Good luck dude.

If you do this on a Friday or Saturday nite when somebody (like me) has been drinking you'll get a humourous response

If you do this on a regular nite when somebody is sober and gets up in your face...that's when the real fun starts :w00t:

I will admit, Ryan has aged since his son died under mysterious circumstances (murder? suicide?) in Pakistan while Bob was in Phoenix to cover the last Super Bowl.

But looking for this reaction because his life sucks? Naw. Merely poking the hornets' nest with a stick, just for spits and giggles. Looks like it worked, too. bzzzzzzzzzzzzz .....

That's quite the understatement. Stuttering Bob's dead son probably looks healthier than he does at the moment.

Didn't know about his son, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to lose a kid.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. I hope you laid it on him, because I went with the "educate him about Buffalo" route. I refrained from swearing, but I displayed some very well written insults geared towards his unimpressive writing style. Some back-handed comments, closing with "Who cares about Bob Ryan" really made me smile as I clicked "send".

oops, I did swear

I'd love to argue, but....... I can't. FWIW, I don't watch for educational purposes but merely for entertainment.

Anyway, this was my e-mail to Mr. Ryan......

As I'm sure you're already finding out, there are many loyal fans of not just the Buffalo Bills, but also the Buffalo Sabres. While we may not share in the number of Championships won with the "greater New England area", we certainly love our sports teams, and unlike many other fans, stick by them through thick and thin. The Buffalo area has struggled mightely over the last 10-20 years not just economically, but in retaining population, crime, housing, etc. Nevertheless, Western New Yorkers continue to be and have always been hard working decent human beings who try endlessy to be positive contributors to society. Western New Yorkers have endured many dissapointments over the years, that's obvious. We find ourselves defending each other on a regular basis.

I realize you're just a "fill-in" on PTI, but you should take caution when insulting an entire area of our great country. Many Western New Yorkers enjoy PTI, and for an entire show to lose viewers simply because you were careless in your choice of words would be unfortunate. Giving your opinion of a team's chances, skill, financial situation, etc., is one thing. Questioning who cares about a region (whether that was your intent or not) is disappointing on so many levels due to your stature not just in sports but as a guest on several different shows as well as your journalist career. To answer your question, there are hundreds of thousands of Americans who not only "care about Buffalo", but who also wish people like you would think before you speak, especially when being viewed by the nation. I look forward to your apology for either insulting a region, or for "mixing up your words", on national televsion no less........

Looking forward to the Sabres beating the Bruins AND the Bills beating the Patriots,

- Mike

My email was real close to this. I told him I hope he gets AIDS.