WOOHOO, Who's Larry Gautier???

Lv-Bills

Larry Gautier is the Orange Bowl representative that was at the Ball State game on Wednesday night in Muncie. Why do I care? Because I'm a BSU alum. Because my Cards are 9-0. Because we are knocking on the door of the BCS. Yes, Eastern Mich, Ball State, Miami, Ohio, Kent (Eltie Eight even)have all reached the sweet sixteen in the BBALL tourney numerous times since 1990. But, that's basketball. Who really cares.......

This is FOOTBALL. The big stage. And to see a MAC school in there would be cool. However, the coolness would most likely be short lived, especially without Dante Love as someone like Florida would pound their undersized defense. Nonetheless, Ball State could put the MAC on the map big time this January.

Three games left. Including at Central, which could be big trouble.

However, just to have Orange Bowl representative and Ball State in the same sentence is already cool enough for me.

GO CARDS!

Larry Gautier is the Orange Bowl representative that was at the Ball State game on Wednesday night in Muncie. Why do I care? Because I'm a BSU alum. Because my Cards are 9-0. Because we are knocking on the door of the BCS. Yes, Eastern Mich, Ball State, Miami, Ohio, Kent (Eltie Eight even)have all reached the sweet sixteen in the BBALL tourney numerous times since 1990. But, that's basketball. Who really cares.......

This is FOOTBALL. The big stage. And to see a MAC school in there would be cool. However, the coolness would most likely be short lived, especially without Dante Love as someone like Florida would pound their undersized defense. Nonetheless, Ball State could put the MAC on the map big time this January.

Three games left. Including at Central, which could be big trouble.

However, just to have Orange Bowl representative and Ball State in the same sentence is already cool enough for me.

GO CARDS!

I was reading somewhere that the Ball State administration will not do anything to keep Coach Hoke around. Why even have a football team when you don't even try to maintain progress? But that's life in the MAC. Turner Gill will likely take a big BCS job. We just hope it will be after he takes UB to a MAC title and bowl win.

PTR

Hey, at least you weren't dumb enough to schedule a game at an SEC team like Tulsa did against Arkansas last week. Bad idea jeans.

If Ball St were to go undefeated and get a BSC game AND actually win it (a la Boise two years ago), Jason Whitlock might actually dump his favorite topic (Jeff George) and never EVER stop writing about "The Ball". I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

Anyway, good luck!

Hey, at least you weren't dumb enough to schedule a game at an SEC team like Tulsa did against Arkansas last week. Bad idea jeans.

If Ball St were to go undefeated and get a BSC game AND actually win it (a la Boise two years ago), Jason Whitlock might actually dump his favorite topic (Jeff George) and never EVER stop writing about "The Ball". I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

Anyway, good luck!

Ball State has had near misses against big time programs in the last couple of years. They barely lost to Boston College at home, should have beaten Michigan at Michigan last year, and hung 41 on Nebraska at their place recently, and lost by one. They've lost to West Virginia by three, so they've been right there, just couldn't get over the hump until this year. They did, however, schedule smartly. They pounded Indiana at IU, and beat Navy rather easily at home. That's not exactly setting the world on fire, but it's scheduling smart in the good year to do so.

That being said, I don't think they can win a BCS game without Dante Love, the WR who fractured his spine and can never play again. Love caught over 100 passes last season, and was on a high pace again this season until his injury. BSU might have a first round draft pick in QB Nate Davis. They also may have a first or second (more likely) TE in Darius Hill. The friggin guy is huge. With Dante Love, I think the Cards could at least score a bunch of points. Nate Davis is an unreal college QB.

If say BSU wins out, gets in, and plays Pitt.....well......they could easily beat Pitt. Other than that, I think they would get smashed by any of this year's large conference BCS teams.

It just sucks that Love got hurt. BSU, actually might not get past Central Michigan in two weeks. We'll see. But finality says that BSU isn't as good as that Boise St team, because they don't have as many weapons without Love in there.

:w00t:

I was reading somewhere that the Ball State administration will not do anything to keep Coach Hoke around. Why even have a football team when you don't even try to maintain progress? But that's life in the MAC. Turner Gill will likely take a big BCS job. We just hope it will be after he takes UB to a MAC title and bowl win.

PTR

I'm not sure who would write such a dumb thing, but ok. Anyway, Hoke hasn't been, nor is he rumored to go anywhere. Maybe after this year he might get some interest.

However, how in the world can a school like Ball State pay Hoke a million dollars a year or so (like a larger school could), when they average about 17,000 fans or so, and ticket prices are around $10? It's impossible.

THey just upped his contract into the top third of the MAC, as well as putting 13 million dollars into a stadium renovation. But pay him big bucks? Ummmmm, that's just not feasible for a university of it's size.