Does this bother anyone???

Dawgg

Bledsoe said a bad call was directly responsible for Chad Williams' end zone interception, which Williams returned 93 yards. "It was an unbelievably poor call," Bledsoe said. "Ray Lewis just grabbed a hold of Lee Evans around the waist, basically tackled him. When I saw him grab him, I said, "OK, I'll throw this ball at Lee and we'll get the call and it'll be first-and-goal at the 1.' Instead, they don't throw the flag, the ball gets tipped and goes back in the other direction."

===================================================

Great. So Drew was basically playing for the officials to bail him out. To me, that is an assenine excuse. You simply don't put the outcome of the game in the officials' hands.... and for Drew to not take blame for that interception is just not fair to his team or the fans.

No they dont

84985[/snapback]

Actually he's right. Yes they do. It's a good way to draw attention to a throw to force the hand of the ref a little bit. It's not fullproof but works more often than not if the infraction is blatant. Rich Ganno is an example of a QB who used this strategy often.

Actually he's right. Yes they do. It's a good way to draw attention to a throw to force the hand of the ref a little bit. It's not fullproof but works more often than not if the infraction is blatant. Rich Ganno is an example of a QB who used this strategy often.

84993[/snapback]

100% right. It is hit or miss, but it happens more often than people think.

The problem is that there have been so many OTHER poor decisions that if he played well barring that you could forgive the INT.....

But in this case it just adds onto the list......

I have seen it happen in the open field where a WR is tackled mid-route and the QB throws the ball over his head. That way, it lands in a place where nobody else can touch the ball.

In a crowded end zone... not so sure that it is a wise strategy.

100% right. It is hit or miss, but it happens more often than people think.

84998[/snapback]

Guest buffalosteve

It happens yes. But the way this team is playing and to actually expect an official to make the right call is a good reason this team is where it is at. Expecting someone else to make the play. That should get flagged regaurdless of where Drew throws the ball! All this is just so friggin frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!