Commentators

I'd like to hear from some of you guys on you're favorite and not-so-favorite T.V. commentators of the NFL, just to get YOUR minds off of Sunday a little bit. Just a note, Dick Enberg and Randy Cross are doing the game this Sunday, two of my LEAST favorite.

Favorites-1. Joe Buck (Maybe the best EVER, IMO)

2. Al Michaels (Legendary, hope he never goes away)

3. Gus Johnson (Gets right into the game, maybe a little too much, but is exciting to listen to)

4. Greg Gumbel (Never really sounds like he's pulling for one team or another, much better than in studio)

5. Kevin Harlan (adds spunk to pretty much every play)

Worst- 1. Dick Enberg (he's a homer, period. I dont think I've ever heard him shout "OH MY" for the visiting team--uh oh)

2. Mike Tarico (This guy is doing MNF??? Hes' horrible, period.. And his cohorts don't do him any favors.)

3. John Madden (Madden used to be fun to listen to, now he's just a Dallas D*Ck Rider)

4. Dan Dierdork..I mean Dierdorf- he pretty much makes nothing sound terrible.

5. Tony Siragusa (only reason he's on the field covering games is because they couldn't fit him in the booth)

I'd like to hear from some of you guys on you're favorite and not-so-favorite T.V. commentators of the NFL, just to get YOUR minds off of Sunday a little bit. Just a note, Dick Enberg and Randy Cross are doing the game this Sunday, two of my LEAST favorite.

3. Gus Johnson (Gets right into the game, maybe a little too much, but is exciting to listen to)

4. Greg Gumbel (Never really sounds like he's pulling for one team or another, much better than in studio)

Worst- 1. Dick Enberg (he's a homer, period. I dont think I've ever heard him shout "OH MY" for the visiting team--uh oh)

2. Mike Tarico (This guy is doing MNF??? Hes' horrible, period.. And his cohorts don't do him any favors.)

3. John Madden (Madden used to be fun to listen to, now he's just a Dallas D*Ck Rider)

5. Tony Siragusa (only reason he's on the field covering games is because they couldn't fit him in the booth)

LOL I think you've doubled your post count since you said it was your last post til monday

I thought him terrible his first year, but IMO he's improved a lot, and I've come to appreciate Rich Gannon's comments now.

agree with your "worst", but add Thiesman, Cornholer, Tasker

Joe Buck....are you kidding me??? Wow, I absolutely hate that guy. I'd take Mike Tarico any day - I think he's pretty good always fluid and doesn't add absolutely retarded comments like Buck.

Of course this is only my opinion and coming from a guy who's favorite announcer of all time is Gary Thorne - the guy is awesome in hockey and baseball, don't think he does football but I bet he could.

But really?? Joe Buck??? The best Ever? I put him right there with Bob Costas as number 1 and 1A as worst ever.

My favorite team ever was Howard, Frank, and Dandy Don. Mainly because of Dandy Don. I put Howard at the very bottom of my list.

My second favorite team was Paul McGuire, Mike Patrick, and Joe Theisman. Joe could be annoying at time, but the banter between him and Paul was great.

Others I don't like: John Madden (funny at first but now suffering from over exposure), Joe Buck, Bob Costas, Dan Dieforf, Tony Kornheiser.

Jack Buck, cool. Joe Buck, very uncool.

Tony Kornheiser is not just annoying and inane, but he's says a lot of stuff that's just plain wrong. A couple of weeks ago Tennessee was playing and in his setup piece he said that while Tennessee had glory years when they went to the Super Bowl, it's been grim lately. Then he goes on to say that now they're doing better. Could they make the improvement and become like the '07 Browns. Hey dumbass, they were in the playoffs last year and finished ahead of the Browns. What an idiot!

Joe Buck....are you kidding me??? Wow, I absolutely hate that guy. I'd take Mike Tarico any day - I think he's pretty good always fluid and doesn't add absolutely retarded comments like Buck.

Of course this is only my opinion and coming from a guy who's favorite announcer of all time is Gary Thorne - the guy is awesome in hockey and baseball, don't think he does football but I bet he could.

But really?? Joe Buck??? The best Ever? I put him right there with Bob Costas as number 1 and 1A as worst ever.

Joe Buck has a nice voice but he has the power to make even the most exciting game sound boring. He always sounds like he doesn't give a sh*t about what's happening on the field. That applies to both football and baseball.

I'm interested though, what's your issue with Costas?

Dan Dierdorf may be the worst. Possibly add Rich Gannon

Give a break and pay more attention to him now. He does the "B" grade games - so he's done numerous CIN games. :thumbsup: He's become good at commenting on the way the game is developing, what this or that club might do to change their fortunes in the game at hand.

No kidding...I though he was a Class A clown when he started out.

He has a quick eye, sharp on infractions, strategy, and formations.

are you talking about play by play guys or color commentator guys? because you have a mix there and they're completely different jobs

Fave play by play guys- Jim Nance, Al Michaels CBS

Fave Color commentors- Ron Jaworski, Troy Aikman, Chris Collinsworth

Least fave play by play- Joe Buck, Mike Tirico,

Least fave color guys- Theisman, Kornheiser, Madden, Dan Dierdorf