Okay, I've calmed down now...

You know where the game was lost? On the ball McGahee tipped into Sanders' arms for a return TD, and then the defense giving up a TD drive to make it 17-3. Game over. Then Bills' WR's continued tipping more balls into Ravens' players' hands in the redzone (except for Bledsoe's 2nd pick to Sanders in the endzone, which was a bad throw). Moreover the running game was NON-EXISTANT again. The Bills wanted and NEEDED to be a ball-control team, and the O-line just CANNOT do it, and that's why they're failing miserably, and receivers not doing their jobs is just killing them even more.

About the only positive I could see from the lowlights was Schobel getting 2 sacks against Ogden, one time blowing right around him, and the other time going right past him as he went to block Edwards. Moulds had a great one-handed catch and Bledsoe had some pretty good throws and didn't look like he was freaking-out even when they were down 17-3. That's not a defense per se of Bledsoe, but again the whole OFFENSE failed to pull their weight. I don't know what can be done except to shuffle the O-line and try to put the pieces where they best fit (MW at LG, Jennings back at RT, Price at LT, Teague maybe starting again when healthy), but suffice it to say that Losman will be dead behind this O-line, one way or the other (i.e. in the pocket or running for his life).

I'd hesitate to say the Line can't support being a running team when we pass the ball so frequently inside the red zone. At this point I'd much rather see run,run, run , FG than any od the plays they've been running.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'd hesitate to say the Line can't support being a running team when we pass the ball so frequently inside the red zone. At this point I'd much rather see run,run, run , FG than any od the plays they've been running.

84554[/snapback]

...and let your D and STs control the game. Absolutely.

"..but suffice it to say that Losman will be dead behind this O-line, one way or the other (i.e. in the pocket or running for his life)."

this is where I have to disagree with this. It is also the main defense for those who cannot accept the fact that Bledsoe is finished. If teams had to respect the escapability of any QB, they would be forced to keep some guys back from rushing in. This includes LB's and safeties.

Yes, Losman would take his lumps, make mistakes. But complete a few passes, burn a few blitzes, run for a few 1st downs (something Bledsoe will NEVER do),

and you'll see these defenses ease off the O line.

While we can't blame Bledsoe completely for the laugher that this offense has become, we can certainly START to fix it and change the way Defenses attack us.

One quote last week from Suggs that pretty much shows the way teams prepare for a Bledsoe led offense: "We get to rush him all out. You know where he is going to be, all you have to do is get there."

Teams cannot take that attitude going against a half mobile QB. This is where Bledsoe hurts us.

"..but suffice it to say that Losman will be dead behind this O-line, one way or the other (i.e. in the pocket or running for his life)."

this is where I have to disagree with this. It is also the main defense for those who cannot accept the fact that Bledsoe is finished. If teams had to respect the escapability of any QB, they would be forced to keep some guys back from rushing in. This includes LB's and safeties.

Yes, Losman would take his lumps, make mistakes. But complete a few passes, burn a few blitzes, run for a few 1st downs (something Bledsoe will NEVER do),

While we can't blame Bledsoe completely for the laugher that this offense has become, we can certainly START to fix it and change the way Defenses attack us.

One quote last week from Suggs that pretty much shows the way teams prepare for  a Bledsoe led offense: "We get to rush him all out. You know where he is going to be, all you have to do is get there."

Teams cannot take that attitude going against a half mobile QB. This is where Bledsoe hurts us.

84573[/snapback]

It's not that simple. Take a look at Vick. He's averaging almost 3-1/2 sacks taken a game, which is just a 1/2 sack a game less than Bledsoe. There are obviously other factors at work here, namely the quality if play from the OTHER players, play-calls, etc.

ACTUALLY, willis didnt tip the ball. Another Raven did. It looked like Willis at first but all the papers are saying it was another Raven. PLus Drew friggin throws a screen pass 30 feet in the air for some reason. Man but a bit more into you friggin log.

ACTUALLY, willis didnt tip the ball. Another Raven did. It looked like Willis at first but all the papers are saying it was another Raven. PLus Drew friggin throws a screen pass 30 feet in the air for some reason. Man but a bit more into you friggin log.

84654[/snapback]

C'mon man......there are replays of that play all over the net...Mcgahee batted it up with one hand.....Mcgahee made a rookie mistake, hopefully he never does it again....

It's not that simple.  Take a look at Vick.  He's averaging almost 3-1/2 sacks taken a game, which is just a 1/2 sack a game less than Bledsoe.  There are obviously other factors at work here, namely the quality if play from the OTHER players, play-calls, etc.

84637[/snapback]

I know it's not that simple. that's why I said "... we can certainly START to fix it and change the way Defenses attack us."

I think the Falcons need better WR's as well. I think that hurts them more than their line and scheme. Also, he at least stands a better chance of at least getting away.

And their record is better than ours. Funny how they have a great D as well. Poor bastards.

i don't know why people are so hung up on "mobility." vick is a perfect example. being a successful QB is so much more about what's between the ears. even an immobile guy (i.e., marino) can be a great QB if he can make quick decisions. that's where bledsoe (and vick, for that matter) fail. if you're mobile and don't make quick decisions, you'll still be clobbered (while making the occasional highlight-reel play).

unfortunately bledsoe is both -- immobile and slow to make decisions. unless he's behind the best OL in the league, he's not going to consistently succeed.

that's why losman needs to get in there now and learn. we know he's mobile; let's start working on his decision-making.

The idea that you put Losman in and all of a sudden there will be no more sacks, is just a joke....This line sucks and Losman will be sacked behind this line....

The one thing, and bytor is right here, Losman will make defenses scheme differently against us...no longer will it be blitz and Rosen the pocket....After 3 seconds Losman will be able to step up and make a play with his feet, something Bledsoe can not do...

Will the problems of this offense be solved(right away)...of course not...recievers will still drop passes, running game will still have trouble(there will be 8 men in box to stop the run daring Losman to bet them deep), Losman will still get sacked, Losman will throw his INT's, The line will get no push, and the dumb offensive penalties will continue.....

But.....

Were 1-5, its time to get the kids feet wet this season and let him go through his growing pains now....let him learn the system, and build some chemistry with his wR's....

Once he is healthy enough and get some reps in practice....He should be starting bottom line...

I watched the game at my neighbor, who is a Ravens fan. He said that we have a good team except for the O-line. He was amazed at how McGahee was getting past Lewis and said if he actually had some holes to run through, he would have shredded the Ravens.

People, WE HAVE NO O-LINE!

One quote last week from Suggs that pretty much shows the way teams prepare for  a Bledsoe led offense: "We get to rush him all out. You know where he is going to be, all you have to do is get there."

84573[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly