Singletary...

This guy has been under such scrutiny after sending a spoiled-brat-millionaire to the locker room and dropping his pants in a team meeting. Truth is, I miss seeing coaches like this with a fire and passion for the game. The NFL is becoming more and more like the NBA every year. Higher paid players, endorsements. But I'm an old school guy. I loved the Ditkas, the Cowhers, the Chuck Knolls, the Parcells, even the silly antics of a Jim Mora. These guys showed they we're in this business for more than money. Fact is, if Mike Singletary didn't give a crap, he would've just mailed in the season, not cared how Vernon Davis acted, and let J.T O'Worst quarterback EVER!!!! (and I mean EVER) keep starting. He's emotional, I loved it when he played and he's gonna make an excellent coach in today's NFL thats built on the millionaire, loud-mouth, trouble making players of today. What's good for the NFL?: Singletary, Jauron, Favre, Mannings. Bad things in the NFL? Pacman, T.O., Superstar's publicized love-lives, Larry Johnson, Ricky Williams' 15th chance!!! The NFL needs more guys like Mike Singletary. PERIOD!

This guy has been under such scrutiny after sending a spoiled-brat-millionaire to the locker room and dropping his pants in a team meeting. Truth is, I miss seeing coaches like this with a fire and passion for the game. The NFL is becoming more and more like the NBA every year. Higher paid players, endorsements. But I'm an old school guy. I loved the Ditkas, the Cowhers, the Chuck Knolls, the Parcells, even the silly antics of a Jim Mora. These guys showed they we're in this business for more than money. Fact is, if Mike Singletary didn't give a crap, he would've just mailed in the season, not cared how Vernon Davis acted, and let J.T O'Worst quarterback EVER!!!! (and I mean EVER) keep starting. He's emotional, I loved it when he played and he's gonna make an excellent coach in today's NFL thats built on the millionaire, loud-mouth, trouble making players of today. What's good for the NFL?: Singletary, Jauron, Favre, Mannings. Bad things in the NFL? Pacman, T.O., Superstar's publicized love-lives, Larry Johnson, Ricky Williams' 15th chance!!! The NFL needs more guys like Mike Singletary. PERIOD!

His team lost the game 38-13 to the Seahawks who just look awful this year, I don't know how much praise Singletary ought to be getting. And let's be realistic here, JT O Sullivan is the worst quarterback of all time in your opinion? There are 7 starting QBs in the NFL this season who have a lower QB rating. If anybody's jockeying for worst QB of all time, it's Jamarcus Russel, whose QB line this week looked like this...

6-19, 31 yards, INT

i like the idea of a coach like Singeltary, but as many "experts" pointed out, if he continues at this level he will burn himself out before the end of the season.

i agree that at this point he is setting parameters and changing the atmosphere, and i wish him luck. but it will be tough if he has to maintain this level just to get his adult, professional men to play.

My biggest problem is being old school myself. Man if looked at the game film and seen that run game, you bet your behind that the 7 man sled is coming out of wood works and they are pushing it around the Ralph for 8 hours.......

I remember in high school if my team didnt run the ball I dreaded Monday's. Id be in class looking out the window seeing the sled and knowing what come in a few hours. Lots of bitching and puking.....

His team lost the game 38-13 to the Seahawks who just look awful this year, I don't know how much praise Singletary ought to be getting. And let's be realistic here, JT O Sullivan is the worst quarterback of all time in your opinion? There are 7 starting QBs in the NFL this season who have a lower QB rating. If anybody's jockeying for worst QB of all time, it's Jamarcus Russel, whose QB line this week looked like this...

6-19, 31 yards, INT

It could be worse. We could be Raiders fans.

Note to Al: firing Lane has really helped. And practicing those end zone dances? Bountiful brilliance and beauty.

It could be worse. We could be Raiders fans.

Note to Al: firing Lane has really helped. And practicing those end zone dances? Bountiful brilliance and beauty.

Here's some stats from yesterday's paper:

77 total yards, worst since 1961.

-2 yards offense in the first half.

10 total net yards passing

Time of posession 14:45

Raiders first first down- 6:04 into the second half (Atlanta had 22 by then) and ended 30-3 at the end of the game.

All of the Raiders 13 first half plays were inside their own 27.

Obama is now President.

The days of old-school, self-responsibility and no BS are over.

I think Singletary should go cradle Vernon Davis in a gentle rocking motion, and stroke Vernon's face lightly with the back of his hand...and whisper to Vernon how great he is, because he is a #1 pick.

6-19, 31 yards, INT

Absolutely no suprise there. I dont see how anyone could have seriously thought he was going to be any good ever. If you had ever seen him play you would have known that he wasn't going to. And dont give me that too early to tell crap, I knew before he signed his contract he would be a bust bigger than... well everyone

I like what dieon sanders said about him. he said it would be interesting to see id he could get his guys to play hard all the time, because most players in the nfl dont want to do that.

Sanders said this? Sanders used to flat-out run away from blockers or possible tackle attempts against non-WRs.

Obama is now President.

The days of old-school, self-responsibility and no BS are over.

I think Singletary should go cradle Vernon Davis in a gentle rocking motion, and stroke Vernon's face lightly with the back of his hand...and whisper to Vernon how great he is, because he is a #1 pick.

If McCain got in there instead, acting like Singletary would seem mild.

Honest~

I loved the Ditkas, the Cowhers, the Chuck Knolls, the Parcells, even the silly antics of a Jim Mora.

I don't remember any of these coaches dropping their pants at half time.

Singletary has passion, but it seems misguided.

Singletary needs to spend less time flipping out at his own players and more time figuring out how to beat the opposing players.

Sanders said this? Sanders used to flat-out run away from blockers or possible tackle attempts against non-WRs.

You know the saying, "It takes one to know one"

Sanders is the best person to say NFL players don't play hard all of the time