winslow

BeastMode54

i think we should get him.

per rotoworld

Beat writer Tony Grossi does not believe that Kellen Winslow will be back with the Browns in 2008.

It will be interesting to see what Cleveland can get for him. Winslow's attitude and long history of knee trouble will likely cause him to be viewed as a risky acquisition by other teams. Still, at only 25 with uncommon speed for a tight end, he'll likely bring back at least a second-round pick.

per rotoworld

Beat writer Tony Grossi does not believe that Kellen Winslow will be back with the Browns in 2008.

It will be interesting to see what Cleveland can get for him. Winslow's attitude and long history of knee trouble will likely cause him to be viewed as a risky acquisition by other teams. Still, at only 25 with uncommon speed for a tight end, he'll likely bring back at least a second-round pick.

No. You dont want him. Too much of a 'me' guy.

If the Bills could get him for a 4th (highly unlikely), then I would take a flier on him.

He is a me guy with a long history of stupid decisions -- but he's also got talent. That said, I wouldn't be willing to risk more than a 4th or maybe a conditional 2nd if he makes the pro bowl that first year or something.

per rotoworld

After his performance last night I'm almost certain he won't be back in Cleveland next year. And I wouldn't want him in Buffalo either ... he's basically another Robert Royal: makes an athletic play here or there, even gets a TD ... but ultimately gives it all back in turn overs and dropped passes.

After his performance last night I'm almost certain he won't be back in Cleveland next year. And I wouldn't want him in Buffalo either ... he's basically another Robert Royal: makes an athletic play here or there, even gets a TD ... but ultimately gives it all back in turn overs and dropped passes.

has royal even gotten 82 catches for 1106 yards in his CAREER yet? (Winslow's stats from last year)

that has to be one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.

No. You dont want him. Too much of a 'me' guy.

90% of me agrees with you but the other 10% wonders if maybe this team would benefit from some drama.

It's a very safe team which has translated into two 7-9 seasons and one that is looking like 8-8 at best.

has royal even gotten 82 catches for 1106 yards in his CAREER yet? (Winslow's stats from last year)

that has to be one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.

especially considering royal is one of the least "athletic" TE's in the game

from the OAK @ BUF gamethread - where the weather is fair!

"I don't think we break .500 this year." - jarthur31

"that's the game!! " - billnutinphoenix (this was in the 3rd quarter)

"Too bad there aren't any good 1:00 pm games on." - bills44

"wow...we SUCK!" - jester43

"Oh well, just werent good enough today, this team isnt nearly as good as they think " - jayq

"Game over. Buffalo loses to the fukking Raiders, the joke of the NFL. The Bills are not for real." - generallee83

"yeap, we're still a bunch of losers" - jduncan1

"edwards doesn't have it today. seen enough. let's get JP in there. NOW!!" - jduncan1 (Pessimist of the Game)

from the BUF @ STL gamethread - anyone off the bandwagon?

"its going to be another close one again...when it shouldn't be again" - billsfaningeneseo

"This is the worst defense in the league" - saudi arabia rob

"The D-line needs a benching. NOW! We've already lost this game." - jarthur31 (Pessimist of the Game)

"Losing Stoud is going to end up being huge" - john from helmet

"We make the Rams look like a super bowl team" - phamch

"our O line is an embarrassment....playoff team lmao" - tcali

"The Buffalo Jills....what a joke" - tcali

"Worst tackling defense ever? " - bills44

:devil::nana:

Did you guys watch the game last night? Yea he had that killer drop at the end, but all of his other catches were top 10 plays. 3 seperate times Quinn put the ball about half an inch off the ground but he was able to go down and get it. No RECIEVER on our team could have caught those JP esq passes. Then on his second touchdwon he was able to keep his balence after a hit and stay in bounds.

Second, if you talk to any Cleveland fan, they will tell you he is a very hard working player and cares about the team. His only incident was calling the team out for well, giving him a potentially deadly disease...TWICE. Lets get him for the right price.

I agree w/ thoner, winslow was pretty damn good last night. the fumble wasn't really winslow's fault - the defense just made an excellent play. winslow had the ball secured, one defender was taking winslow down, and another came by and ripped the ball out.

that last play winslow probably should have caught, but it was a laser-beam and way too hard for winslow just being a few yards in front of quinn.

per rotoworld

Would he be a significant upgrade over what we have now? Absolutely. If you can get him, you get him.

I could care less about "character" players anymore. Character hasn't got us any Super Bowls or even a freakin' playoff spot in 10+ years. Maybe this team needs some "characters" to find an identity.

Are you a scout for the Lions?

Royal wasn't a 1st round pick of Bills and came with none of the fanfare Winslow got in Cleveland. If he had he would have been featured a lot more and had better #'s. Point is Winslow is inconsistent, just like Royal. In that sense he's a glorified Royal. Sure you might get some upgrade over Royal but not nearly enough to justify the much greater expense and spoiled brat attitude.

Royal wasn't a 1st round pick of Bills and came with none of the fanfare Winslow got in Cleveland. If he had he would have been featured a lot more and had better #'s. Point is Winslow is inconsistent, just like Royal. In that sense he's a glorified Royal. Sure you might get some upgrade over Royal but not nearly enough to justify the much greater expense and spoiled brat attitude.

Oh I understand now...Robert Royal sucks because he wasn't a first round pick. Out of all the insults Kellen Winslow has ever received, I think "Glorified Robert Royal" is probably the worst.

I don't think the Bills should trade for Winslow either (and largely for the same reason), but a comparison between the two TE's is just ridiculous.

Oh I understand now...Robert Royal sucks because he wasn't a first round pick. Out of all the insults Kellen Winslow has ever received, I think "Glorified Robert Royal" is probably the worst.

I don't think the Bills should trade for Winslow either (and largely for the same reason), but a comparison between the two TE's is just ridiculous.

No you don't understand, that's not what I said. I said he would have more catches and yards if he came in with all the fanfare Winslow did, which gauranteed a lot of the offensive playcalling would be designed to get the ball to him. I'll repeat: Winslow may be better, but no where near enough to justify the costs and headaches. Gonzalez, Gates, Clark, Whitten etc do not make that fumble and drop that pass in the 2nd half. He's not in their league, no way.

Am I the board celebrity now? :thumbsup:

My two statements in there are getting truer by the week. :wallbash:

To get back on topic: Winslow would be a better acquisition than Gonzalez; has much more upside.

how is their any truth in "we already lost this game" when the bills in fact went on to win the game!