3 things the Bills must do to win EVERY WEEK...

There are three really simple things thar Buffalo must do to win...not just next week, but every week. They are:

A. Find a god-for-saken way to rush the quarterback. (We got to Favre once yesterday, and what do ya know,INT for TD!)

B. Run the football. (I understand we all think that we've found our "Tom Brady", but heel for a second, we also don't have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, a kick as& o-line and a slew of good tight ends. The ball needs to be rand at least 20 times a game.)

C. AudibleSlant pattern- When opposing defenses have shown blitz this year (case-in-point Derrell Revis and Adrian Wilson), Trent needs to audible to a run instead of the whole "I'm gonna get off-ed but still make a good throw" mentality. And there also needs to be a hot route to the receiver whos being covered by the blitzing DB.

And there you have it, 3 ways Buffalo can finish the season 13-3...sounds so simple, doesnt it?

i disagree. if we don't cough the ball up like we did the past 2 weeks we are 7-1. we would have had 100+ more yards on O, a longer TOP and at least 10 more points in each of the last 2 games if we didn't turn the ball over.

all those other details are good, but we simply need to not turn the ball over (or at least do it a lot less) to win.

i disagree. if we don't cough the ball up like we did the past 2 weeks we are 7-1. we would have had 100+ more yards on O, a longer TOP and at least 10 more points in each of the last 2 games if we didn't turn the ball over.

all those other details are good, but we simply need to not turn the ball over (or at least do it a lot less) to win.

I disagree with your disagreement colin. It's obvious our Dline is almost useless. Can't stop the run. Can't get pressure on the qb without some sort of blitz going on. If this the play of the Dline remains the same, even half a$$ed qbs are going to exploit our blitz and we aren't going to win any games of significance this season. I was really hoping the addition of Stroud, Spencer was going to shore up that problem. Not so far but I'm still optimistic that they will come around.

I disagree with your disagreement colin. It's obvious our Dline is almost useless. Can't stop the run. Can't get pressure on the qb without some sort of blitz going on. If this the play of the Dline remains the same, even half a$$ed qbs are going to exploit our blitz and we aren't going to win any games of significance this season. I was really hoping the addition of Stroud, Spencer was going to shore up that problem. Not so far but I'm still optimistic that they will come around.

so you think if we didn't turn the ball over like we did the past two weeks we would still lose?

i'm being facetious right here, but...

doesn't Trent:

Make the defense better

Make the offense better

Make the special teams better

take long, time consuming drives that makes the opponent's team worse

not turn the ball over

---

i'm glad these fallacies have finally come to a brutal end.

so you think if we didn't turn the ball over like we did the past two weeks we would still lose?

I think thats a problem but not one we couldn't have overcome if we could stop someone. We were in the game the first half but then the Jets started going on those long drives that we just didn't have a answer for. Lets face it, they both are big issues I just happen to think the anemic dline is a bigger one.

nah.

all of these Our X is Y bad, our A is B terrible posts are essentially saying we could use better players.

no sheet. everyone could. we could use the good players we have (2 oline, 1 Dline, 1 CB) who are hurt right now.

the bottom line is we have to win with the teeam we have. the question is "Can we?". the answer is yes, but we can't lose the ball like we have. we have to go for zero result plays (run for it, throw the ball away) rather than negative plays (sacks, turnvoers).

it's that simple, great teams get beaten when they turn the ball over. that's our weakness and that's what cost us our 2 division losses.

Stroud is playing well but he is the only one so the opposing lines are keying on him!! Without Schobel, Stroud has been rendered ineffective simply by double teams. Why can't Denney and Kelsey Shift down and get pressure inside? They always overpersue and get block up the field. Even a few stunts by our ends or lining people up in other formations might help. Remember Bruce used to line up on the nose sometimes. That line used to jus create havoic. If our line could just create some disruptions upfront it would help! Also once again I will say we really miss Crowell! He would be a huge upgrade in our linebacking core.

There are three really simple things thar Buffalo must do to win...not just next week, but every week. They are:

A. Find a god-for-saken way to rush the quarterback. (We got to Favre once yesterday, and what do ya know,INT for TD!)

B. Run the football. (I understand we all think that we've found our "Tom Brady", but heel for a second, we also don't have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, a kick as& o-line and a slew of good tight ends. The ball needs to be rand at least 20 times a game.)

C. AudibleSlant pattern- When opposing defenses have shown blitz this year (case-in-point Derrell Revis and Adrian Wilson), Trent needs to audible to a run instead of the whole "I'm gonna get off-ed but still make a good throw" mentality. And there also needs to be a hot route to the receiver whos being covered by the blitzing DB.

And there you have it, 3 ways Buffalo can finish the season 13-3...sounds so simple, doesnt it?

The offensive line is where it all starts, or stops. This one can't pass protect, pick up blitzes or open holes for the running game. That means the team has to throw the ball a greater percentage of the time. Third down percentages being what they are, that means the offense goes off and the defense stays on the field for longer and longer periods of time. Even though the TOP was virtually identical VS the Jets, they ran an 8+ minute drive in the 4th quarter to seal the game. Buffalo should have won the game but didn't based on costly mistakes and gambles that didn't work. But you can see opposing defenses pinning their ears back and teeing off on Edwards. There's no running game and since the pass blocking and blitz pickups are so awful, Edwards is a sitting duck if he takes more than 3 seconds. You'd have to ask Schonert about "C".

I agree 100%---the D played well enough to beat the Jets, they only gave up 16 points. Bills cannot drive deep into opponent territory and come away with nothing as many times as they have the past few weeks. That is the saving grace for me---they are moving the ball...its not like they are going 3 and out every series and punting. They are not going to continue to turn the ball over like they have every week, and when they stop doing that, they will likely win.

Something else we need to get better at on D tho is forcing 3 and outs by the other teams offense. We are not getting good enough field position for our O when the other teams punt because they are getting 2 or 3 first downs, and then punting the ball inside our 20, and Parrish keeps having to fair catch it or get out of the way, and we are starting inside the 20 on multiple offensive possessions. Our return game is a major weapon for us, and when we are unable to use it, it really hurts. Instead of having to drive 55 or 60 yards for a TD, we have to drive 80 or 85 yards, and those extra 20 yards are killing us. The D needs to get the other teams to punt from their 20 or 25 yard line instead of from their 40 or 45...

nah.

all of these Our X is Y bad, our A is B terrible posts are essentially saying we could use better players.

no sheet. everyone could. we could use the good players we have (2 oline, 1 Dline, 1 CB) who are hurt right now.

the bottom line is we have to win with the teeam we have. the question is "Can we?". the answer is yes, but we can't lose the ball like we have. we have to go for zero result plays (run for it, throw the ball away) rather than negative plays (sacks, turnvoers).

it's that simple, great teams get beaten when they turn the ball over. that's our weakness and that's what cost us our 2 division losses.

So, if we play perfectly, without mistakes, we will win. That sounds plausible. Unlikely to happen in reality, but the theory is plausible. Every other team in the league has turnovers, so I don't really expect us to eliminate them all, particularly with the offense playing the way it is.

Exactly...

Mistakes have cost the Bills these last two Games...It really is that simple...Granted they could have played a hell of a lot better in order to overcome those mistakes...But this Team is not that good...They need to Play just-about-mistake-free Football to Win consistantly... :thumbsup:

So, if we play perfectly, without mistakes, we will win. That sounds plausible. Unlikely to happen in reality, but the theory is plausible. Every other team in the league has turnovers, so I don't really expect us to eliminate them all, particularly with the offense playing the way it is.

Then they won't win many more Games...Especially on The Road....

It is possible for the Bills to turn the Ball over WAY less but...It's going to have to come at the expense of TE's confidence a bit...I hate to say it but what else can they do? If they continue to put all the pressure on Trent to be perfect up and down the field well...I don't think that's going to work...So...You Run more often, and Punt more often...And hope Your Defense can keep it close into the 4th Quarter...And who knows maybe Your Running Game takes off every now and again, opens up the Play Action Game, and You get an easy win here and there...

But if in fact they don't cut down and practically eliminate the turnovers, this 2nd Half is going to be VERY hard to watch as a Bills Fan...Very hard indeed... :thumbsup:

Don't care what anyone says. Turnovers are correctable. If your D Line gets pushed around you aren't going anywhere. Bills could have won the game easily Sunday if the Jets OLine didn't make little bitches out of our Dline. Despite the turnovers. The long drives in the second half is what killed us and will keep killing us unless something gets done to correct it.

agreed 100%. Protect the football last week and we take 10 points off them, if we kick the fg instead of throw the pick and we win 20-16. SAme for the Fish. we mUST protect the Football and try to force more turnovers from the opponent.

Simple, really.

I agree 100%---the D played well enough to beat the Jets, they only gave up 16 points. Bills cannot drive deep into opponent territory and come away with nothing as many times as they have the past few weeks. That is the saving grace for me---they are moving the ball...its not like they are going 3 and out every series and punting. They are not going to continue to turn the ball over like they have every week, and when they stop doing that, they will likely win.

Something else we need to get better at on D tho is forcing 3 and outs by the other teams offense. We are not getting good enough field position for our O when the other teams punt because they are getting 2 or 3 first downs, and then punting the ball inside our 20, and Parrish keeps having to fair catch it or get out of the way, and we are starting inside the 20 on multiple offensive possessions. Our return game is a major weapon for us, and when we are unable to use it, it really hurts. Instead of having to drive 55 or 60 yards for a TD, we have to drive 80 or 85 yards, and those extra 20 yards are killing us. The D needs to get the other teams to punt from their 20 or 25 yard line instead of from their 40 or 45...

weren't you one of the people spouting the fallacy "trent makes the defense better"?

1. Run the ball like most mediocre teams would and have success at it.

2. Stop the run like most mediocre teams would and have success at it.

3. Stop making stupid mistakes at home games.