Marshawn Lynch is powerful, but seems to be slow, but....

hamtenp

Seems to me Marshawn Lynch is a powerful runner but not quick enough to put distance between him and tacklers once he has slipped a tackle. However I was so surprised to see his speed trying to run down the Jets player all the way to the end zone. Oddly enough he seemed to get sick after that long fast run. Your thoughts???

Seems to me Marshawn Lynch is a powerful runner but not quick enough to put distance between him and tacklers once he has slipped a tackle. However I was so surprised to see his speed trying to run down the Jets player all the way to the end zone. Oddly enough he seemed to get sick after that long fast run. Your thoughts???

Jets player was slowing down... only reason it looked so close.

They said flu like symptoms. He may have been sick before the game.

He was gaining on him at full speed and if there were 10 more yards he may have caught him. I absolutely love the effort he showed on that play. Reminded me of the SB rundown on Lett. :angry:

Yeah, Elam started pulling up after he crossed midfield and Lynch having an angle on a jogging ballcarrier was the only reason he looked like he was closing on him.

When Elam started running again he pulled away from Marshawn w/ little effort.

Big props to Lynch for never stopping on the field.

But I wondered if maybe he wasn't out too late at Applebee's last night. :angry:

Just my opinion, but I don't think he runs as hard every carry as he did last year. He took quite a beating last year and it seems like he, perhaps wisely, isn't fighting for every extra yard. Beast mode has been more selective this year.

Just my opinion, but I don't think he runs as hard every carry as he did last year. He took quite a beating last year and it seems like he, perhaps wisely, isn't fighting for every extra yard. Beast mode has been more selective this year.

I thought marshawn and jackson fought like hell today. They were absorbing and shaking off multiple hits behind the line of scrimmage all day...there was just no daylight out there. Not saying Marshawn is the fastest back in the league, but he had zippy to work with today, except the short pass he was able to break for a long gain on the opening drive.

This thread is a breath of fresh air after nearly wanting to throw up after reading threads like bust mode. marshawn is one of if not thee hardest working players on this team, and alone I love him for that. Once his line starts to open things up for him I expect beast mode to explode.

Lynch hesitates too much at the point of attack. He doesn't hit the hole fast at all. This may have been fine in college, but in the NFL the defenders are too fast and can close quickly. It doesn't help that the O-line isn't opening huge holes and holding their blocks, but how come Fred Jackson seems to get through the holes faster than Lynch?

Lynch starts his runs with his legs very wide, giving him great balance as he makes his cuts, but it slows down his initial burst.

Imagine a sprinter trying to get a jump from the starting blocks with his feet spread wide apart. Once he gets going and has an opening, he's off to the races, but I don't think he's that quick after the handoff. He relies on raw power to get past the line.

Thurman, OJ, Sanders - they could make that intial stop, cut, and quick accelerate move. I don't think 2 out of 3 is working for Lynch.

Just my opinion and observations.

Lynch hesitates too much at the point of attack. He doesn't hit the hole fast at all. This may have been fine in college, but in the NFL the defenders are too fast and can close quickly. It doesn't help that the O-line isn't opening huge holes and holding their blocks, but how come Fred Jackson seems to get through the holes faster than Lynch?

Lynch starts his runs with his legs very wide, giving him great balance as he makes his cuts, but it slows down his initial burst.

Imagine a sprinter trying to get a jump from the starting blocks with his feet spread wide apart. Once he gets going and has an opening, he's off to the races, but I don't think he's that quick after the handoff. He relies on raw power to get past the line.

Thurman, OJ, Sanders - they could make that intial stop, cut, and quick accelerate move. I don't think 2 out of 3 is working for Lynch.

Just my opinion and observations.

Yesterday was the first time I said to myself, "Lynch, this isn't college and you can't run like that." I was referring to all of those WIDE steps he takes behind the line of scrimmage. I feel like he is sub-par to Jackson until he fixes that. I know he runs hard, but that isn't the same thing as positive yards consistently. He wants every run to be a home-run.

I AM SO FRIGGIN SICK OF HEARING LYNCH IS A BEAST. Open your eyes for christ sake.

He only average and yesterday only proves it. The guy cannot create. He hits the area where the play is designed. NEVER anywhere else. WTF is it some kind of novel idea to bounce a run to another spot when play doesnt develop as designed?

He blows.There I said it.

Same clowns who insist he is a BEAST are trashing Trent? Why, because Trent cant carry this team on his shoulders when the BEAST continues to blow?!?!? No,because they cant accept being WRONG.

Yes he made a couple of errors but ...........

Only reason we were in the game late was because of Trent NOT Lynch.