A light at the end of the tunnel

Tolstoy

Folks, a few words:

If this team lacked talent, and good coaching, I would say we were in deep *&%#@. However, we do have talent, and good coaching. One or two changes need to be made, and we will start to see a winning product. Let's look at the facts:

1. We have a very good defense, and will continue to have a such a defense for the forseeable future. If we get a strong pass rush, it could be a dominant defense.

2. We have good talent on offense--at wide receiver, running back, and yes, even the o-line. I happen to think a big problem with the o-line is Bledsoe. I seem to remember a similar problem with Flutie/Johnson. Horrible o-line with Johnson, great o-line with Flutie. Anyway, at the moment, D-ends pin their ears back and go for Bledsoe, in full confidence that he will still be there when they get there.

3. We have good special teams.

We need to get Losman playing, whenever he gets healthy. There is no reason why this offense should be so inept. The only reason I can see is that Bledsoe has become a major Achilles heal. No fire in the belly, no motion in the pocket, poor decisions, etc. I firmly believe that once Losman gets in there, and gets a little seasoning, the offense will start to look better all around, and this team will start winning. Whether this year or next.

And let's not worry about the stupid draft pick. First round picks are overrated. Look at NE: how many mediocre tight ends have they picked in the first round over the last three years, and they still keep winning.

Keep the faith. This Mularkey dude is not dumb. He knows that Bledsoe is a problem, and is simply biding his time. Wait and see.

Folks, a few words:

If this team lacked talent, and good coaching, I would say we were in deep *&%#@.  However, we do have talent, and good coaching. One or two changes need to be made, and we will start to see a winning product.  Let's look at the facts:

1. We have a very good defense, and will continue to have a such a defense for the forseeable future.  If we get a strong pass rush, it could be a dominant defense.

2. We have good talent on offense--at wide receiver, running back, and yes, even the o-line.  I happen to think a big problem with the o-line is Bledsoe.  I seem to remember a similar problem with Flutie/Johnson.  Horrible o-line with Johnson, great o-line with Flutie.  Anyway, at the moment, D-ends pin their ears back and go for Bledsoe, in full confidence that he will still be there when they get there.

3.  We have good special teams.

We need to get Losman playing, whenever he gets healthy.  There is no reason why this offense should be so inept.  The only reason I can see is that Bledsoe has become a major Achilles heal.  No fire in the belly, no motion in the pocket, poor decisions, etc.  I firmly believe that once Losman gets in there, and gets a little seasoning, the offense will start to look better all around, and this team will start winning.  Whether this year or next.

And let's not worry about the stupid draft pick.  First round picks are overrated.  Look at NE: how many mediocre tight ends have they picked in the first round over the last three years, and they still keep winning.

Keep the faith.  This Mularkey dude is not dumb.  He knows that Bledsoe is a problem, and is simply biding his time.  Wait and see.

84039[/snapback]

Good post.

Tolstoy you are right in a lot of ways. With Losman the OL looks better. We have good D and ST. I just worry that by the time Losman develops into a good QB in a year or two our guys will be older and not as good as today (Moulds, Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy etc), and we will have wasted one of the better defenses we ever had while waiting for Bledsoe to come around.

...talent is nothing if it is wasted. The Bills are so putrid inside the Dead Zone, the stench wafted 75 miles up my way from Baltimore Sunday. They have a brain-dead quarterback who makes horrible decisions, a lousy OL that gets pushed around and can't open any holes for their RBs, a #1 RB isn't #1 anymore, and boneheaded play calls by the coaches that simply don't get the job done.

Even when the offense does something right, then the defense can't make a stop when necessary. Or the STs do something stupid like run into the kicker or block illegally on runbacks.

Face reality, folks. The Bills are a B-A-D football team right now. And there are 10 more weeks of abject misery to go.

Guest BackInDaDay
Folks, a few words:

If this team lacked talent, and good coaching, I would say we were in deep *&%#@.  However, we do have talent, and good coaching. One or two changes need to be made, and we will start to see a winning product.  Let's look at the facts:

1. We have a very good defense, and will continue to have a such a defense for the forseeable future.  If we get a strong pass rush, it could be a dominant defense.

2. We have good talent on offense--at wide receiver, running back, and yes, even the o-line.  I happen to think a big problem with the o-line is Bledsoe.  I seem to remember a similar problem with Flutie/Johnson.  Horrible o-line with Johnson, great o-line with Flutie.  Anyway, at the moment, D-ends pin their ears back and go for Bledsoe, in full confidence that he will still be there when they get there.

3.  We have good special teams.

We need to get Losman playing, whenever he gets healthy.  There is no reason why this offense should be so inept.  The only reason I can see is that Bledsoe has become a major Achilles heal.  No fire in the belly, no motion in the pocket, poor decisions, etc.  I firmly believe that once Losman gets in there, and gets a little seasoning, the offense will start to look better all around, and this team will start winning.  Whether this year or next.

And let's not worry about the stupid draft pick.  First round picks are overrated.  Look at NE: how many mediocre tight ends have they picked in the first round over the last three years, and they still keep winning.

Keep the faith.  This Mularkey dude is not dumb.  He knows that Bledsoe is a problem, and is simply biding his time.  Wait and see.

84039[/snapback]

Good post Tolstoy.

I've been biding my time for close to 40 years now. :blush:

...talent is nothing if it is wasted.  The Bills are so putrid inside the Dead Zone, the stench wafted 75 miles up my way from Baltimore Sunday.  They have a brain-dead quarterback who makes horrible decisions, a lousy OL that gets pushed around and can't open any holes for their RBs, a #1 RB isn't #1 anymore, and boneheaded play calls by the coaches that simply don't get the job done.

Even when the offense does something right, then the defense can't make a stop when necessary.  Or the STs do something stupid like run into the kicker or block illegally on runbacks.

Face reality, folks.  The Bills are a B-A-D football team right now.  And there are 10 more weeks of abject misery to go.

84207[/snapback]

I agree. That pretty much sums up why they lose. It isn't just Bledsoe's fault or just the O-Line fault. The entire team has contributed to the stevestojantty results together. The players can not get the job done - there is no chemistry and no results from this group of guys.

Great takes Tolstov. This team does have an excellent defense. The pass rush is coming along, and in fact yesterday, they only gave up 10 points and if Fletcher does not take that stupid roughing the QB penalty, the d PROBABLY ONLY GIVES UP 7.

Sadly, the offense gave up 10 points themselves. The biggest problem I see is that with a weak offensive line and an immobile QB, the Bills have no chance of progressing.

Here is my suggestion. Play Drew this week to get the win against Arizona, then play him at New England as putting Loseman into that game would be terrible for his confidence and then start J.P. against the Rams.

Play out the season with the weapons we have and develop our QB for next year so that Drew then becomes the back-up starting in 2005.

In the draft select and in free agency for gods sake get some road grader offensive lineman and a complimentary pass rusher to aid Schoebel.

Screw Bledsoe's confidence - let's start building JP's right away! It's seems like Bledsoe needs a kick in the ass - something like the Tom Brady situation in NE. Bledsoe came to us possessed...and then has crapped since.

5 turnovers and I want to hear him say "I played like stevestojan - I understand that."

My patience has suspended with him.