Schopp

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While he was hosting on a fill in basis a few years back, I believe the story goes that he made the mistake of saying ESPN might hire him (directly) and that ended even the fill-in gig.

I remembered a Saturday hearing him while I golfed alone wearing a walkman. It's one thing being a local talkshow host and talking about the Bills & Sabres, but to do it on a national stage is something else. He was not very good and had little to say......

Nearly everyone they have hosting on wgr is a retard.

The very worst thing they do are the song paradies on the howard simon morning show.

The "lets go Bills, lets go Bills, ba ba ba ba Bills" thing is absolutely gay, I jump to turn the station as soon as I start hearing that f*g sh*t.

i actually like that let's go bills da da da da bills thing, it is repetitive but catchy and kind of brightens my mood

the worst thing GR does are those stupid greg buck pre-recorded nasal voice clips-i have only heard schopp play these HORRIBLE clips, i can't understand the appeal of that at all, i always turn off the radio when that ish comes on. it has to stop

i actually like that let's go bills da da da da bills thing, it is repetitive but catchy and kind of brightens my mood

the worst thing GR does are those stupid greg buck pre-recorded nasal voice clips-i have only heard schopp play these HORRIBLE clips, i can't understand the appeal of that at all, i always turn off the radio when that ish comes on. it has to stop

You're kidding, I hate it and would like to know which retard does it.

That same retard does other parodies and skits, whoever it is I cannot stomach the fool.

He is not in the least bit funny ot entertaining.

I immediately need to turn the station or turn the radio off on any skit done by the retard in question.

If fact this same idiot does his own parody of greg buck.

It's hard to take a guy serious who is so obviously arrogant out of pure insecurity. Add up what you know about Schopp and ask yourself how you'd feel and how you'd counter those feelings:

1. He's on talk radio in the 49th largest media market (ie, he's a nobody)

2. He plays strat-o-matic and thinks it's cool but can't understand why no one else does (we all grew up and matured)

3. He's an avid card collector (again, we all grew up)

4. He was a stat keeper in high school and never played sports (his hatred of football players is obviously traced to this feeling of ineptitude and scrawniness)

5. He plays tennis and no one cares

All the classis trappings of a completely and total dork. Imagine this: the guy in your high school class has these attiributes and you may have liked him, but honestly, you thought the kid was a dork and he got picked on for it. No, imagine how his attitude and ego would grow if he got a radio show and that internal rage of his had a chance to fester to anyone he thought he was better than (a rarity in his life). What you get it Schopp. Plain and simple.

He's intelligent, I'll give him that. But like most sports radio guys, he's a complete and total dweeb.

And you know what, Dennis Williams is 50 times better and more intelligent. He could replace Schopp and WGR would get more listeners. I get in the car to leave work at 5 and if there is an interview, I listen. But as soon as the show goes backl to standard format, on comes something else. It's unlistenable.

With the exception of number 4, that was classic.

I stopped listening a long time ago. The whole "smartest guy in the room act" got old, and I exercised my right to tune in to S&R on afternoons on the Edge (as did a LOT of other listeners). Bulldog sounds like a mix between a chainsaw and a sputtering lawnmower and nearly makes my ears bleed.

Message to Schopp: if you really are that smart, do something constructive, like teaching or becoming a doctor.

As to the poster who mentioned the lame and stupid bits GR does in the morning and apparently still does in the afternoon, I totally agree. The only people who find that amusing are White and the afternoon crew.

Finally, a funny Schopp story. I went to a Bisons game over the summer and sat behind Schopp and another GR guy as the Bisons' PR director chewed their ears off. I actually felt slightly bad for Schopp, as the PR guy spent way too much time at their seats. That stopped once one of the people I was with said something that Schopp found objectionable. Schopp turned around and did the glare and stare before shaking his head. The guy was such a toolbox - discussing "good trivia" with the PR director and sporting gray hair and a Roy Halladay jersey (the only guys who should wear pro jerseys with gray hair are baseball managers and coaches, Brett Farve and Kerry Collins) - that I didn't even feel the need to say anything to him.

Message to Schopp: if you really are that smart, do something constructive, like teaching or becoming a doctor.

I disagree, I find it annoying when he brags about his intelligence, but I don't think its right to insult his chosen profession (even if he does suck at it). After all, he's only exemplifying his intelligence more by doing something he has a passion for as opposed to something that racks up money but provides little satisfaction.

Actually, he did do some weekend work for ESPN Radio. Not sure if he still does.

Bragging about Mensa, well, I used to do that too. Then I realized how insufferably arrogant it made me sound, and that nobody gives a crap about my SAT scores (the reason for the invite) 25 years later. I can still be insufferable, but not about that.

And his antipathy for boards like this one, and the "ignorant morons" who post here, is already well known.

For my own part, I'm not going to assume you came across as arrogant simply because you brought up your Mensa membership in the past. I mean, yeah, if you were interacting with someone who seemed to lack confidence, then bringing up your Mensa status was probably not a good move on your part. But if the other person is self-confident, and if you get the feeling that person probably did well on his or her own standardized tests, then you're allowed. And if the other person came across as arrogant, I'd actually encourage you to bring up your Mensa membership. :nana:

As for whether people care about it, some will and some won't. When Bill Gates was in college, the first question he'd always ask when on a date was, "so what was your SAT score?" He's probably become a little more tactful and socially aware since then. But if he was still single, I'm sure that would be at the top of the things he wanted to ask, even if he was better at hiding it.

I don't know you personally, but trying to absolve Trent for those mistakes just doesn't make sense. Why was he hit as he threw? He held the ball too long. Why did he fumble? He held the ball too long.

Are you actually being serious here? The offensive line couldn't possibly have done a worse job of pass protection on those two plays. On the fumble in particular, the offensive line barely even slowed Joey Porter down as he ran between the tackles straight to Edwards, on a three man rush.

When the defense only rushes three men, it's supposed to take the receivers longer than usual to get open, because there are more defenders than usual defending them. But because there are so few rushers, the offensive line is supposed to be able to provide more time than usual for those receivers to get open.

When you accuse Trent of holding the ball "too long" you demonstrate a fundamentally different view of that kind of play. You make it sound like it was a blitz situation, in which the quarterback is expected to get rid of the ball in a hurry. But in a blitz, the quarterback usually can get rid of the ball in a hurry. All those blitzers coming to the QB mean that there's a good chance someone is open, and you just have to throw it to your hot read.