Anyone catch the Steelers-Giants Game?

Dr. Trooth

Those two defenses bring it. Bills defense is not even close to being in that class. They are at least two notches below.

But... don't blame Fewell. If Fewell were to be fired, nothing would change except for the DC's name.

Make no mistake about it, Jauron is the defacto DC... this is his defense, and they are about as physical as two poodles in a pillow fight.

This team's best defensive strategy is for the offensive to control the clock and consistenlty orchestrate 14 play drives.

Make no mistake about it, Jauron is the defacto DC... this is his defense, and they are about as physical as two poodles in a pillow fight.

This team's best defensive strategy is for the offensive to control the clock and consistenlty orchestrate 14 play drives.

This wasn't DJ's rep in Chicago. He had some pretty tough defenses, if I recall.

Part of the "problem" is the players. None of these guys are physical in the way that a James Harrison or Jason Tuck is physical.

Those two defenses bring it. Bills defense is not even close to being in that class. They are at least two notches below.

But... don't blame Fewell. If Fewell were to be fired, nothing would change except for the DC's name.

I'm not crazy about the C2, but it can work. Pittsburgh ran a variant of it back in the 70s, Tampa Bay featured it for many years, and the Colts won a SB in 06 playing the C2. When you have the right people and they're covering their gaps it's extremely effective. Of course, the coaches must draw up a gameplan, which I believe is lacking in Buffalo.

The weakness of the C2 is stopping the run, and the Bills did that yesterday. Unfortunately, the strength of a C2 is that zone, which was compromised. I'll be very interested to see how they adjust against the Jests this week. I'm not sure the defense can do much worse with that lineup than the AZ and MIA losses.

I'm starting to believe they don't have the pass-rushers, despite nearly 125M in their DL.

I'm not crazy about the C2, but it can work. Pittsburgh ran a variant of it back in the 70s, Tampa Bay featured it for many years, and the Colts won a SB in 06 playing the C2. When you have the right people and they're covering their gaps it's extremely effective. Of course, the coaches must draw up a gameplan, which I believe is lacking in Buffalo.

Pittsburgh ran a variant? Wasn't it the late Bud Carson, then Pittsburgh's defensive coordinator, who really introduced the scheme to the NFL?

I do hope the coaches make a few adjustments to help things. Not sure how much that hope will help, as they do seem a bit rigid in regard to making big changes.

The weakness of the C2 is stopping the run, and the Bills did that yesterday. Unfortunately, the strength of a C2 is that zone, which was compromised. I'll be very interested to see how they adjust against the Jests this week. I'm not sure the defense can do much worse with that lineup than the AZ and MIA losses.

I'm starting to believe they don't have the pass-rushers, despite nearly 125M in their DL.

A traditional cover 2 can be neutralized by multiple WR sets. Problem w/ that theory nowadays is, w/ the way safeties are becoming hybrids, it's tougher for teams to force those mismatches, as guys like Whitner can cover the slot if necessary as well as cover a tight end.

Starting???

For the short term, they can do things such as devise blitz schemes to confuse blocking schemes (like how the Giants and the Iggles did to Pittsburgh). Aside from that, the Bills may need personnel changes in terms of their pass rush. Either way, I'll hope for the best.