Joey Porter vs Donte Whitner

DDD

Joey Porter is a punk. Donte Whitner is a terrific leader. Both run their mouths during the game but the difference is Porter backs it up and actually makes plays. Outside of tackling a receiver 10 yards in the end zone, when was the last time Whitner made a significant play. :sick:

Joey Porter is a punk. Donte Whitner is a terrific leader. Both run their mouths during the game but the difference is Porter backs it up and actually makes plays. Outside of tackling a receiver 10 yards in the end zone, when was the last time Whitner made a significant play. :sick:

Well they play different positions, and Whitner has had to focus more on coverage this year.

Dude do you even watch or understand football? Joey Porter is the weak side linebacker in a 4-3 defense. IN this defense they rush the passer constantly. Whitner was playing FS and on nickle situations was the 3rd Corner due to injuries at that position.

You are just one of the idiots who see sacks as the only stat in the world for defense.

ok, this thread makes it official, there is no good reason to be on this board until at least thursday or friday of this week.

Agreed. I am completely befuddled at the back and forth adoration and hate of Donte Whitner. It is rediculous. At first I thought the hate was only coming from this Jimmy Page bastard, but it has appeared to surge in full force on this board.

Get ready for more of Jimmy's ridiculous analysis later in the week, for it sure is coming. Any guesses who it will be targeted to this time? I bet he'll say Lee Evans is a piece of trash and Edwards plays scared.

Agreed. I am completely befuddled at the back and forth adoration and hate of Donte Whitner. It is rediculous. At first I thought the hate was only coming from this Jimmy Page bastard, but it has appeared to surge in full force on this board.

Get ready for more of Jimmy's ridiculous analysis later in the week, for it sure is coming. Any guesses who it will be targeted to this time? I bet he'll say Lee Evans is a piece of trash and Edwards plays scared.

its not just the Donte Whitner debate. its the entire "sky is falling" mentality.

i know we just lost. Badly. to the Dolphins.

but keep some perspective here people. our entire team and coaching staff does not all of a sudden suck.

it was one game.

its not just the Donte Whitner debate. its the entire "sky is falling" mentality.

but keep some perspective here people. our entire team and coaching staff does not all of a sudden suck.

it was one game.

Agree with you once again 100%. Guess that's why there is a little thing called bandwagon, regardless how great any fan base is. But hey, 5-2 is a terrible record or position for any team to be in, so go figure.

it was one game.

Give us a good reason why we should think Whitner has been playing great and has been a game changer. Trust us, we'll listen, but we've seen him now for 3 years and he's no game-changer. Great on defending the run, below average in coverage, and now he's at FS so it exposes him even more.

ok, this thread makes it official, there is no good reason to be on this board until at least thursday or friday of this week.

It's actually kind of humorous if you take it the right way. I just read all the posts and think... wow, there's another guy I'm smarter than. TSW is a really good self help tool in that way.

Give us a good reason why we should think Whitner has been playing great and has been a game changer. Trust us, we'll listen, but we've seen him now for 3 years and he's no game-changer. Great on defending the run, below average in coverage, and now he's at FS so it exposes him even more.

I agree with this. Put him close to the LOS and let him roam around he is much better in this position. I believe eventually he could be a good safety but just throwing him in there and expecting an easy transition is a lot to ask.

Why blame Whitner? BOTTOM LINE: McGee was playing when he shouldn't have and as a result he was toasted as he played with too soft coverage that the Dolphins exploited. Combine that with lack of blitzing, they played right into Penningtons strengths. I'd rather see a healthy McKlevin getting schooled and learning the ropes than see a good player, playing hurt, getting embarrased, and hurting the team!

With that being said, I think the addition of Scott at SS and moving Whitner to FS will make the D more stiffeling once Schoebel, McGee, and Youbouty get back at full strength as Scott is a PLAYER! Now he definitely has made way more plays than Whitner at SS the past 2 years when giving a chance to play. The fact that Whitner is versatile and more of a factor against the run than Ko Simpson would give an upgrade. If the DB's can get healthey and the D is unleashed and allowed to blitz more and take chances then watch out!