Saint Trent

JohninMinn.

Lynch is one of the best short yardage backs I can remeber watching. I dont recall him missing many, including when he breaks two takles before getting back to the line. Yet on that sneak, and on 3 straight runs from inside the 10 he doesn't carry the ball. If he gets those carries we get the first and the TD. 13 carries is not enough for his talent

OK, I admit I an not an expert in this. But, I think a QB sneak is great in certain situations. I expected the ball to go to Lynch, who is very close to "can't miss" in these situations.

But, back to the sneak. In the field of play, the QB needs to go LOW, not high, to pick up the yardage, to avoid just this kind of outcome. The exception is, at the goal line, where stretching the ball high, is less of a risk, as the play is over (TD) as soon as the ball crosses the plane. Why would Trent be so high in that pile?

OK, I admit I an not an expert in this. But, I think a QB sneak is great in certain situations. I expected the ball to go to Lynch, who is very close to "can't miss" in these situations.

But, back to the sneak. In the field of play, the QB needs to go LOW, not high, to pick up the yardage, to avoid just this kind of outcome. The exception is, at the goal line, where stretching the ball high, is less of a risk, as the play is over (TD) as soon as the ball crosses the plane. Why would Trent be so high in that pile?

FTW. I loved the call, and obviously hated the execution. TE has to know in that situation to stay low to avoid that exact catastrophe.

Perhaps he was trying to get by the fat asses laying on the ground, blocking his way.