More liberal hypocrisy?

UBinVA

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/a...ogles-founders/

Now come on folks, I'm all for letting people do what they want with their money when they earn it but don't go around calling for drastic measures for everyone to fight CO2 and global warming and then go out and spend $ on a Jet fighter for fun that will create more CO2 in one flight than I do all year.

The people who believe in the Global Warming as man made and tell everyone else what we should do to cut down should at least practice what they preach. Fact is they don't. Wake up people, man made global warming fear mongering is just another vehicle used to grow government, grow regulations, and control our lives. The only thing is, it doesn't apply to them.

Now come on folks, I'm all for letting people do what they want with their money when they earn it but don't go around calling for drastic measures for everyone to fight CO2 and global warming and then go out and spend $ on a Jet fighter for fun that will create more CO2 in one flight than I do all year.

The people who believe in the Global Warming as man made and tell everyone else what we should do to cut down should at least practice what they preach. Fact is they don't. Wake up people, man made global warming fear mongering is just another vehicle used to grow government, grow regulations, and control our lives. The only thing is, it doesn't apply to them.

How do you know the google guys are part of the movement to fight global warming?

your stupidity is showing in spades...

Google, which does not own any of the airplanes and has no relationship with H211 LLC, declined to comment said that like the other planes, the Alpha Jet is being outfitted with scientific instruments for NASA missions, including instruments that the other planes could not carry. “Because of the type of aircraft we are talking about, NASA now has the ability to do even more than they could before,” said Matt Furman, a Google spokesman.

Unleash the feigned outrage!

The fighter if used for research is OK. NASA 's Ames Research Center is at Moffett Field. What gets me us that they own a 757 and 767! They are greenies but have thse large jets. I also don't like that they have landing clearance at Moffett Field for their big jets. It is still a military/government field with controlled access to the area. It is still used for reserve use. You can see pilots practicing touch and gos every weekend. it is also wher Air Force one lands when in the area (Clinton landed there to visit Chelsea in college.

The fighter if used for research is OK. NASA 's Ames Research Center is at Moffett Field. What gets me us that they own a 757 and 767! They are greenies but have thse large jets. I also don't like that they have landing clearance at Moffett Field for their big jets. It is still a military/government field with controlled access to the area. It is still used for reserve use. You can see pilots practicing touch and gos every weekend. it is also wher Air Force one lands when in the area (Clinton landed there to visit Chelsea in college.

I agree it's kinda strange. They paid about $15M in 2005 for the 767, and it's been modified to carry 50 passengers, which, as business jets go, is pretty cheap, although you could argue it uses a lot more fuel than a Gulfstream. They have a unique deal with NASA - they pay for parking space and the use of the runways (several million $ per year), and NASA puts a lot of gear in the planes and uses them for research.

NASA Ames is cool. I went to an open house there in 1997. It has the biggest wind tunnel in the world- they can put full size helicopters and small private jets in it! They also have a simulator with 6 degrees of motion. The shuttle astronauts do training in it. Also next to Moffett is the "Big Blue Cube", a facility painted robin egg blue with no windows and about 2 dozen satellite dishes around it. It was part of Onizakua (sp?- named after the Challenger astronaut) AFB (the only part) and is believed to be a station for the CIA satellites.

Also on Modffett is a large hangar built for derigibles in the 30s. Mythbusters has used it and I think they filmed an Austin powers scene (his time machine car) there.

Yeah, why wouldn't anyone want to do that for no reason? :thumbsup: Conspiracy theorist says what?

You are one of the few hold outs on the global warming thing. George Bush, Roger Ailes, Newt Gingrich and a lot of other prominent Republicans have come to see the truth of the matter.

Yeah, why wouldn't anyone want to do that for no reason? :thumbsup: Conspiracy theorist says what?

You are one of the few hold outs on the global warming thing. George Bush, Roger Ailes, Newt Gingrich and a lot of other prominent Republicans have come to see the truth of the matter.

So just because I don't follow the party line and I believe that a "scientific consensus" is a proven theory then I'm a heretic?

I am an engineer and I do know a lot about scientific studies and simulation models that the global warming theorists all rave about. The problem is that they can't prove it. That's why they have to call it "scientific consensus". I posted here many times on the subject on global warming and I just don't buy it. I don't care if Ronald Regean himself said he believed it it wouldn't change mt mind. I think we should be good stewards of the earth and cut down on pollution as much as we can but not at the expense of peoples rights and the good of the economy.

Read this article if you can, it's long and I know most liberals are not tolerant of opposing views and not intellectual honest but give it a try. You might actually learn something.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/an_...e_viscou_1.html

So just because I don't follow the party line and I believe that a "scientific consensus" is a proven theory then I'm a heretic?

I am an engineer and I do know a lot about scientific studies and simulation models that the global warming theorists all rave about. The problem is that they can't prove it. That's why they have to call it "scientific consensus". I posted here many times on the subject on global warming and I just don't buy it. I don't care if Ronald Regean himself said he believed it it wouldn't change mt mind. I think we should be good stewards of the earth and cut down on pollution as much as we can but not at the expense of peoples rights and the good of the economy.

Read this article if you can, it's long and I know most liberals are not tolerant of opposing views and not intellectual honest but give it a try. You might actually learn something.

This guy has been ridiculed worldwide for years. He has a degree in Journalism and no scientific credentials other than inventing a puzzle.

I stopped here:

...strategically-fatal economic wounds that the arrogant advocates of atmospheric alarmism admit they aim to achieve.

Find me one person who "admits" they aim to achieve "strategically-fatal economic wounds." and I'll go on but until then it's all just BS by people who don't want anything to come between them and profits. They'll say anything no matter how ridiculous it is to discredit those who stand in their way.

Why would anyone want to destroy the economy?

Thank God all these scientists agree with you too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scien..._global_warming

I can find scientist who claim tobacco has no bearing on cancer. What's your point? The majority of scientists accept the theory that global warming is a real problem for the planet.

Have you found anybody who admits to economic destruction as the reason for the for the global warming theory?

Thank God all these scientists agree with you too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scien..._global_warming

lol.. you are right... the do.

Individuals in this section conclude that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities.

In fact all that list show that there are exactly three scientists in the whole planet who do not believe global warming is a real thing. One from Canada, one from Australia, and one in New Zealand.

I should like to know how many scientists there are in the world to build a ratio. I bet its something like 1 in 50000 scientists do not believe in global warming.

NASA Ames is cool. I went to an open house there in 1997. It has the biggest wind tunnel in the world- they can put full size helicopters and small private jets in it! They also have a simulator with 6 degrees of motion. The shuttle astronauts do training in it. Also next to Moffett is the "Big Blue Cube", a facility painted robin egg blue with no windows and about 2 dozen satellite dishes around it. It was part of Onizakua (sp?- named after the Challenger astronaut) AFB (the only part) and is believed to be a station for the CIA satellites.

Also on Modffett is a large hangar built for derigibles in the 30s. Mythbusters has used it and I think they filmed an Austin powers scene (his time machine car) there.

yeah, it's very cool. I used to go by it on 101 everyday. I always thought a terrorist could shoot a stinger from the highway if there was some high profile target. :thumbsup: