If Fergy doesn't break his ankle in 1980

I was at that Chargers - Bills game in San Diego. Fergy was a sitting duck, basically stood in one spot in the Shotgun formation and would sling the ball. Hell yes we would have won that game if Fergy was healthy. Who was the backup QB at that time? We should have started him.

Dan Manucci and David Humm, remember these guys!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic and an outstanding performance by Fergy. But the real killer is that we win that game if Charley Romes doesn't drop a sure interception that Fouts put right in his gut on the play before the winning TD pass. That was my first real taste of of feeling our Buffalo teams being snakebit. The play I am speaking of is at 7:30 of the video here.

Jesus, 28 years ago and I can still see it in my mind's eye without having to watch the video. (I was 11.)

Given new life, Fouts hit Ron Smith with a 50-yarder. Game, set, match. :)

We'd have won that game, broken ankle or no.

Then of course you have to ask yourself if we'd have gone to the SB in 1981 if Fergy knew how to tell time. :wacko:

Jesus, 28 years ago and I can still see it in my mind's eye without having to watch the video. (I was 11.)

Given new life, Fouts hit Ron Smith with a 50-yarder. Game, set, match. :D

We'd have won that game, broken ankle or no.

Then of course you have to ask yourself if we'd have gone to the SB in 1981 if Fergy knew how to tell time. :D

Me too.

...formative years and it is burned into our minds.