Quick Trivia Question...

83evans83

Here's another trivia question.

In 1985 Buffalo drafted two lock HOFers. Bruce Smith and Andre Reed. In 1983 they drafted one HOFer and one long shot potential HOFer Darryl Talley.

How many other teams in the history of the NFL have drafted more than one HOFer in the same draft?

BTW, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Lori knows this. :lol:

Here's another trivia question.

In 1985 Buffalo drafted two lock HOFers. Bruce Smith and Andre Reed. In 1983 they drafted one HOFer and one long shot potential HOFer Darryl Talley.

How many other teams in the history of the NFL have drafted more than one HOFer in the same draft?

1. (1936) Chicago Bears, Joe Stydahar, Danny Fortman. (1936 is the year of the very first draft)

(1965) Chicago Bears Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers.

2. (1945) Cleveland Rams Elroy Crazylegs Hirsch, Tom Fears.

3. (1947) New York Giants Tom Landry, Art Donavan.

4. (1953) Cleveland Browns Doug Atkins, who became Chuck Noll .

(1957) Cleveland Browns Jim Brown, Henry Jordan.

5. (1957) Philadelphia Eagles Tommy McDonald, Sonny Jurgensen.

6. (1958) Green Bay Packers Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke.

7. (1963) KC Chiefs Buck Buchanan, Bobby Bell.

8. (1964) Washington Redskins. Charley Taylor, Paul Krause.

9. (1964) Dallas Cowboys Mel Renfro, Roger Staubach.

10. (1970) Pittsburgh Steelers Terry Bradshaw, Mel Blount.

1974 Pittsburgh Steelers Lynn Swan, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth, Mike Webster.

Since Bruce and Andre were drafted by the Bills in the same year it would be cool to see them inducted in the same year.

Doubtful, but it would be veeerrryyy cool! :ph34r:B-):w00t:

It's a given that Bruce will be selected in the upcoming HOF class during superbowl week. One more omen for the upstart Bills? Superbowl week? Tampa? Bruuuuce? Tim Russert?

Yes, the planets are lining up and it's all coming together.

Art Monk just got in. It'll be a couple of more years before Andre gets selected.

Looking back at previous Bills drafts ( http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team ) I have noticed one thing the draft is such a crapshoot!!! Look at the Bills drafts, most of the guys they have drafted have turned out to be garbage!!!

Quick trivia question however, looking back at the drafts, I noticed that in 1983 the Bills drafted Jim Kelly in the first round with the 14th overall pick. The Bills had another first round pick, at 12. I never knew that. The question is who did the Bills select before Jim Kelly?!!??!!

Most of us old-timers knew about Tony Hunter being drafted ahead of Kelly in '83.

What you may not know youngun', is the connection with the draft pick that gave us Jimbo, and the lousy 1968 season in which the Bills lone win was against the eventual superbowl champion NY Jets. The answer lies with 2 different players selected 1st overall in the NFL draft, 10 years apart. See if you can figure that one out.

Bonus points for naming the former coach who recruited Jim Kelly to play for the Hurricanes.

You old farts keep out of this while the greenhorn does his homework.

It's a given that Bruce will be selected in the upcoming HOF class during superbowl week. One more omen for the upstart Bills? Superbowl week? Tampa? Bruuuuce? Tim Russert?

Yes, the planets are lining up and it's all coming together.

Art Monk just got in. It'll be a couple of more years before Andre gets selected.

Andre will eventually get in. What I'm saying is it would be cool if both of them could go in together because they were selected in the same Bills draft.

I said it was doubtful but it would be awesome to see happen.

Most of us old-timers knew about Tony Hunter being drafted ahead of Kelly in '83.

What you may not know youngun', is the connection with the draft pick that gave us Jimbo, and the lousy 1968 season in which the Bills lone win was against the eventual superbowl champion NY Jets. The answer lies with 2 different players selected 1st overall in the NFL draft, 10 years apart. See if you can figure that one out.

Bonus points for naming the former coach who recruited Jim Kelly to play for the Hurricanes.

You old farts keep out of this while the greenhorn does his homework.

I know this one becuase I'm old LOL, shite so tempted to answer anyway........

1. (1936) Chicago Bears, Joe Stydahar, Danny Fortman. (1936 is the year of the very first draft)

(1965) Chicago Bears Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers.

2. (1945) Cleveland Rams Elroy Crazylegs Hirsch, Tom Fears.

3. (1947) New York Giants Tom Landry, Art Donavan.

4. (1953) Cleveland Browns Doug Atkins, who became Chuck Noll .

(1957) Cleveland Browns Jim Brown, Henry Jordan.

5. (1957) Philadelphia Eagles Tommy McDonald, Sonny Jurgensen.

6. (1958) Green Bay Packers Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke.

7. (1963) KC Chiefs Buck Buchanan, Bobby Bell.

8. (1964) Washington Redskins. Charley Taylor, Paul Krause.

9. (1964) Dallas Cowboys Mel Renfro, Roger Staubach.

10. (1970) Pittsburgh Steelers Terry Bradshaw, Mel Blount.

1974 Pittsburgh Steelers Lynn Swan, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth, Mike Webster.

I think the '96 Ravens will get added to this List with Ogden and Ray-Ray. Helluva 1st round draft there!