PTI throws Trent out there for MVP consideration.

Lv-Bills

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he can play in the cold weather. edwards so far has not been able to play well in the cold months. rodgers is bigger and can throw the ball farther. he's not that much better than edwards

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. Rodgers played at Cal.

jennings and driver? i'd rather have evans and reed

Ok, im a huge Bills fan, but you must be joking here. The GB WR's are a better core than that of the Bills. I love Evans, but Jennings is just as good and I will take Driver any day of the week over reed. Not that I dont like reed, but come on, its not even close here. Driver is just a better football player.

You can argue Evans vs. Jennings, but you cant compare Driver and Reed. Driver has been a true #1 and reed barely holds onto being a #2 and was beat out by Peerless Price and is keeping the seat warm for Hardy.

you don't see jennings and driver make one handed catches against their helmets for TDs, evans is a notch above them. reed is underrated-vet leader in locker room, well respected-just as good as driver

you don't see jennings and driver make one handed catches against their helmets for TDs, evans is a notch above them. reed is underrated-vet leader in locker room, well respected-just as good as driver

Actually Driver has made tremendous catches his whole career and so has Jennings...so yes, I see them make those catches all the time. I also saw David Tyree help the Giants win the super bowl with a better catch than Evans had this weekend while getting hit by one of the hardest hitters in the NFL, but he would be the 5th WR on our team and wouldnt even make the roster in GB.

So what exactly is your point about one catch that makes him better than Jennings?

I mean I started literally laughing out loud (so when I write LOL it is actually literal this time) when you say reed is as good as driver. You must be 12 and are basing this on your season of Madden 09.

If Driver was on our team, Reed would be #5 on the depth chart. Driver would be 2, Roscoe would be 3 because we wouldnt have a hands guy at #3 with Driver already there at #2, then Hardy would be #4 until he moved up with Reed there at 5.

Brees losing record, Cutler one a game handed by the refs and havent seen enough out of this year, Portis not argueing that.

Agreed

5-1

Said this before, but technically trent edwards has not lost a game yet. Cutler is talented and impressive to watch. Portis is playing great. You cant knock any of that.

Trent Edwards is winning games. Most important stat is wins. I dont care if Trent isnt flashy. I like that we are creeping up on people and its us against the world. Any quote you read this year from the players says there is great team chemistry from the top down. Trent believes in DJ, the team believes in Trent, Dante believes in Trent and Dante he is our Darryl Talley. Everyone believes in DJ, we as fans have been believing for years, and now the team believes. Trent = MVP

There is alot more that goes in to winning games than stats.

Agreed

5-1

Said this before, but technically trent edwards has not lost a game yet. Cutler is talented and impressive to watch. Portis is playing great. You cant knock any of that.

Trent Edwards is winning games. Most important stat is wins. I dont care if Trent isnt flashy. I like that we are creeping up on people and its us against the world. Any quote you read this year from the players says there is great team chemistry from the top down. Trent believes in DJ, the team believes in Trent, Dante believes in Trent and Dante he is our Darryl Talley. Everyone believes in DJ, we as fans have been believing for years, and now the team believes. Trent = MVP

There is alot more that goes in to winning games than stats.

Technically Trent Edwards HAS lost a game. Figuratively, however, he has not.

i'd rather have little to no cold weather experience (rodgers) over a train wreck in cold weather (edwards)

The two games to which you're referring were some of the very worst games, weather wise, in the history of Bills' football. And that's saying quite a lot. The other teams' QBs put up very bad stats, as one would expect when conditions are just too terrible to have much of a passing game.

As hard as it was for the other teams' veteran quarterbacks to deal with those conditions, for Trent it was even worse. 1) Prior to last season, Trent had not played in a cold weather game. 2) Trent was a rookie. 3) Fairchild didn't do Trent any favors: he kept calling timing routes on a day when the snow prevented timing routes from working. With timing routes, the QB has to be able to predict exactly where a receiver will be at an exact time. On that day, the ground had enough snow that the receivers kept slipping or otherwise experienced unpredictable instances of getting slowed down by the snow. That's why timing routes on a day like that just won't work.

If your goal is to set Trent up for failure--as it may well be--you couldn't ask for anything better than those two games. I find it odd that you need to fixate on something negative about Trent a day after he delivered a 25-for-30, 261 yard, 1 TD/0 INT performance. But just as a drowning man will cling to anything that floats, I suppose you'll continue to cling to those two games in support of your negative view of Trent.