Early on in this game

Campy

...about the BS roughing call on London Fletcher?

How about the muffed punt non-call?

These were huge breaks for the Ravens, and huge let-downs for Bflo.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who witnessed the stunning ineptitude of the officiating (again).

Yes, but...

1. Fletcher once again screwed us with another untimely penalty. Perhaps it was a bogus call, but how many times is he going to do this to us?

2. The punt penalty actually woked out for us in the end, since they missed the FG and we ended up with much better field position. Hindsight, of course, but what can you do. It was a terrible call.

...about the BS roughing call on London Fletcher?

How about the muffed punt non-call?

These were huge breaks for the Ravens, and huge let-downs for Bflo.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who witnessed the stunning ineptitude of the officiating (again).

83402[/snapback]

I know, let em play football, but good teams overcome bad calls.

Yes, but...

1. Fletcher once again screwed us with another untimely penalty. Perhaps it was a bogus call, but how many times is he going to do this to us?

2. The punt penalty actually woked out for us in the end, since they missed the FG and we ended up with much better field position. Hindsight, of course, but what can you do. It was a terrible call.

83408[/snapback]

I'll flip them on you

2) They took 6 away by not seeing the ball hitting him. And the kicker: CBS shows him on the sideline laughing, telling his teammates the ball DID touch him

1) I can find no fault with Fletch on that play. He jumped up and in as all D players are taught when the ball's being thrown. His momentum carried him into the QB, but it was obvoius to me anyway, that he "pulled-up" as well as any player could have given that he was in midair when the ball was thrown.

I'll flip them on you

2)  They took 6 away by not seeing the ball hitting him.  And the kicker:  CBS shows him on the sideline laughing, telling his teammates the ball DID touch him

1)  I can find no fault with Fletch on that play.  He jumped up and in as all D players are taught when the ball's being thrown.  His momentum carried him into the QB, but it was obvoius to me anyway,  that he "pulled-up" as well as any player could have given that he was in midair when the ball was thrown.

83419[/snapback]

Whoops, I thought you were talking about the "running into the kicker" penalty on the punt, not the potential turnover on the Bills punt. I don't know about that one; it really looked too close to call on the replay.

Sure, Fletch didn't really commit a penalty, but what can you say? If he stays on his feet instead of jumping, and nails the QB cleanly, there's no penalty. I hate it when guys jump up to try and block a pass like that; the rule I always go by is forget the ball, just take the guy out. A solid lick on Boller might go a long way later in the game if he starts feeling the pressure.

I won't argue the Fletcher thing too much, though. It was definitely a bogus call. But it's just another instance of Fletch doing something to screw us again.