Here's my top five...

1billsfan

1. Giants

2. Titans

3. Steelers

4. Cardinals

5. Bills

The Bills are not a dominating 5-1 team, nor are they a lucky 5-1 team. They're a workman-like 5-1. It's amazing how quickly they've risen in this league. They still have some room to grow and obviously will need to upgrade a few key positions (C, DE, TE, WLB) next offseason to become a dominating team like those top three. It's apparent to me that they're a team that's built to be good for a long time. Lots of similarities to the Bills circa 1988. Awesome feeling to be a Bills fan!

1. Giants

2. Titans

3. Steelers

4. Cardinals

5. Bills

i dont disagree much with that ranking, based on what we've seen this season so far. i think Pittsburgh might be overrated, but there is no changing that if they keep winning. and if they do, then i guess Im the one who is wrong.

I agree with you that Arizona is a top-5 club and deserves more respect than they are getting.

its fun to watch Dallas fall from grace, i wish the Giants would too

Go Bills!

(how about that coaching yesterday?!? :angry: )

Yeah, it's only been 10 years.... :angry:

I meant from how tepidly they played the game of football last season to this season. It's a drastic change of attitude and execution. To me it's a 180 degree difference. We've certainly have waited a very long time for a team that had a chance, kind of like the one that lost in the music city miracle. But I think this team is different from that one. This team is much more like the young 1988 Bills, than those MCM Bills who we're thrown together in a patchwork fashion.

I meant from how tepidly they played the game of football last season to this season. It's a drastic change of attitude and execution. To me it's a 180 degree difference. We've certainly have waited a very long time for a team that had a chance, kind of like the one that lost in the music city miracle. But I think this team is different from that one. This team is much more like the young 1988 Bills, than those MCM Bills who we're thrown together in a patchwork fashion.

can you just admit that "tepid" is how you play when you have mostly 3rd-stringers as starters? you cant ask them to do more than they can. thats when you get blown out.

Tenesee reminds me of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Awesome defense.

Awesome Running game.

Just enough of a passing game when they need it.

They will be tough for anyone to beat, especially in the playoffs.

(how about that coaching yesterday?!? :thumbsup: )

:thumbsup:

Jauron must have checked my postings this past offseason and decided to change his coaching approach. :angry:

Seriously, I have absolutely no problems with Dick Jauron anymore. He was big enough to change in that he now seems to trust in his players this season and not hold them back with extremely conservative play-not-to-lose game plans. That was the biggest hurdle for Jauron to overcome. I didn't think he ever could and I'm glad that I was clearly wrong.

Jauron must have checked my postings this past offseason and decided to change his coaching approach. :angry:

Seriously, I have absolutely no problems with Dick Jauron anymore. He was big enough to change in that he now seems to trust in his players this season and not hold them back with extremely conservative play-not-to-lose game plans. That was the biggest hurdle for Jauron to overcome. I didn't think he ever could and I'm glad that I was clearly wrong.

thats cool, and i wont argue the point with you anymore. but (theres always a but, isnt there) i just think that his coaching last year (which you hated him for) was completely dictated by all of our injuries.

You blame the man and his thinking and at least you give him credit for "changing".

I dont think he really changed, as much as he now has his real players in there and can call real gameplans like he has wanted to.

you cant deny that having over an entire starting unit on IR changes the way you call games. having practice squad players starting, and WRs starting as Safeties directly dictates how limited you are in scheming.

tell me im wrong about that...

can you just admit that "tepid" is how you play when you have mostly 3rd-stringers as starters? you cant ask them to do more than they can. thats when you get blown out.

Umm, these are the exact same offensive players they had last year. Can you tell me who's new? Jauron should have thrown Steve Fairchild out the door with those game plans in 2007. Let's not get revisionist here, Jauron did in fact hold these guys back last year. It's all water under the bridge, I love how Dick Jauron is coaching this team now.

1. Giants

2. Titans

3. Steelers

4. Cardinals

5. Bills

The Bills are not a dominating 5-1 team, nor are they a lucky 5-1 team. They're a workman-like 5-1. It's amazing how quickly they've risen in this league. They still have some room to grow and obviously will need to upgrade a few key positions (C, DE, TE, WLB) next offseason to become a dominating team like those top three. It's apparent to me that they're a team that's built to be good for a long time. Lots of similarities to the Bills circa 1988. Awesome feeling to be a Bills fan!

They are doing very well and if they keep growing as the season progresses I think they'll be a very tough playoff team.

Jauron was basically playing with a young team that needs a conservative approach in the first two years in my opinion. In the third year a coach can open it up for the team.

Umm, these are the exact same offensive players they had last year. Can you tell me who's new? Jauron should have thrown Steve Fairchild out the door with those game plans in 2007. Let's not get revisionist here, Jauron did in fact hold these guys back last year. It's all water under the bridge, I love how Dick Jauron is coaching this team now.

im just going to drop this now while we're still friendly :thumbsup:

winning cures all, doesnt it?

:angry:

1. Giants

2. Titans

3. Steelers

4. Cardinals

5. Bills

No respect for 5-2 Carolina and Tampa Bay eh?

• 1 month later...