Bills better without Schobel?

Call me crazy, but Schobel's absence didn't cause a single problem. Hell, I didn't even notice!

I'm not naive enough to suggest that we are actually better without a proven pro bowl pass rusher, like Schobel, but...

We generated more pass rush today than in recent weeks. And that's going up against a premiere O-Line that blocks for the number one offense in the league. Rivers was frustrated and rattled, which resulted in him turning the ball over three times, basically handing us the game (most telling stat in football people).

It's good to know we can have a guy miss a game and not suffer from it. Our D was actually fairly banged up today. Great job by Perry and the rest of the staff and for the players to step up and shut down an AFC powerhouse like the Chargers.

5 and 1 baby! Go Bills!

Call me crazy, but Schobel's absence didn't cause a single problem. Hell, I didn't even notice!

I'm not naive enough to suggest that we are actually better without a proven pro bowl pass rusher, like Schobel, but...

We generated more pass rush today than in recent weeks. And that's going up against a premiere O-Line that blocks for the number one offense in the league. Rivers was frustrated and rattled, which resulted in him turning the ball over three times, basically handing us the game (most telling stat in football people).

It's good to know we can have a guy miss a game and not suffer from it. Our D was actually fairly banged up today. Great job by Perry and the rest of the staff and for the players to step up and shut down an AFC powerhouse like the Chargers.

5 and 1 baby! Go Bills!

I'm not 100% on this but I think we blitzed more today then normal. That might have something to do with it...

the man can't walk or run so far this year. that's why we didn't miss him. schobel hasn't been able to play all year. sure, he dresses for games, but.. he's a lineman- they do that. the only thing that would stop him is to take his playing license away, so to speak. so, that's how he got "booted". i'm all for it. i don't care what we pay they guy, he'll never earn it if he doesn't heal. the fact that we didn't miss him is not a knock on the guy...

but on the flipside, it is a ringing endorsement for the rest of the line, including kelsay and denney who were in, or belonged in the infirmary all of last year. beyond that, i think it's amazing that, MINUS HALF OUR SECONDARY, and the probowl end, we withstood such a hot passing attack.

it was nice to see a non-bills QB lose the ball for a change, huh ?

AS