Preston starting at center

Beerball

Chris Brown:

Lineup changes for the Bills:

75 Duke Preston will start at center.

28 Leodis McKelvin will start at left cornerback.

92 Ryan Denney will start at right defensive end.

Lineup changes for the Chargers:

80 Malcom Floyd will start at wide receiver.

92 Marques Harris will start at outside linebacker.

Inactives are:

Bills-Chargers inactives

Chris Brown

Posted October 19th, 2008

Buffalo Bills

13-Steve Johnson

24-Terrence McGee

25-Xavier Omon

67-Melvin Fowler

77-Demetrius Bell

86-Derek Fine

94-Aaron Schobel

1–Gibran Hamdan - 3rd QB

From the parts of the game that were televised, it appeared that the Bills had little to no luck running up the middle.

I wouldn't expect to be able to run up the middle. But, if Williams is all world and Preston is dogsh|t then I would have expected to see him pushed into the backfield ala NE last week.

He more than held his own. Trent had a beautiful pocket on most plays. Preston deserves credit.

You predicted an all world day. Didn't happen. Better to keep yer yap shut vs. sticking your foot in deeper.

I wouldn't expect to be able to run up the middle. But, if Williams is all world and Preston is dogsh|t then I would have expected to see him pushed into the backfield ala NE last week.

He more than held his own. Trent had a beautiful pocket on most plays. Preston deserves credit.

You predicted an all world day. Didn't happen. Better to keep yer yap shut vs. sticking your foot in deeper.

Absolutely true! Preston did hold his own today. Is he a top 15 center is the league? No. But, he proved that he is equal to if not better than Fowler. Might as well keep him in next week for line continuity. And, since Fowler is a free agent after this season, we might as well test Preston out to see if he is worth resigning next year. I say keep Preston. Let Fowler go. Draft an additional offensive lineman in rounds 1-4 to only increase the depth. Great game today by all Bills units!

I didn't say "All World". I said that he could make his highlight reel today....it was a bit of hyperbole - I am sorry if that wasn't conveyed in the post.

Preston played better than I expected, which doesn't really say a whole lot. The Bills' inability to run up the middle is troubling - at least to me.

I didn't say "All World". I said that he could make his highlight reel today....it was a bit of hyperbole - I am sorry if that wasn't conveyed in the post.

Preston played better than I expected, which doesn't really say a whole lot. The Bills' inability to run up the middle is troubling - at least to me.

I apologize for putting words in your mouth. I've just enjoyed a large slice of strawberry rhubarb pie so I cannot argue further.

I love me some pie!