Sick!

WWVaBeach

I've heard of her. I think she's on CNN or one of those news station I don't watch. See luck doesn't just happen. You make your good fortunes.

I don't watch them either. On a rare occasion, I am in a room where someone else is watching, though. Also, since I read, occasionally I stumble across a story referencing her.

I also don't know Suzy Bass (the woman in the article linked in the first post). Do you?

Ok let me be clear about this. When you give $$ to cancer research on behalf of someone, you're doing it with the hopes that your money will do some good. Like saving the !@#$ING LIFE of the person that "persuaded" you to give money.

When you give money to cancer research, it doesn't help one specific person, it helps thousands and thousands of people. Is it bad that she deceived these people? Yes. But does that cheapen the money and time volunteered by those people? No. There's a flip side to every story. What we read is an article about a woman who lied to her friends and neighbors, but if you read between the lines it's a story about a town that banded together to fight cancer. No matter what the cause is, that's never a bad thing.

When you give money to cancer research, it doesn't help one specific person, it helps thousands and thousands of people. Is it bad that she deceived these people? Yes. But does that cheapen the money and time volunteered by those people? No. There's a flip side to every story. What we read is an article about a woman who lied to her friends and neighbors, but if you read between the lines it's a story about a town that banded together to fight cancer. No matter what the cause is, that's never a bad thing.

That should not be a rhetorical question. Ask them.