Trent Edwards Conversation...

buckeyemike

It's because Willis said all there was to do in Buffalo was go to these chain restaurants. I'd put Buffalo's restaurants and food against city in the country. I don't know if this is good or bad, but Buffalo can eat and drink. :nana:

I would hope so, that must have been a joking remark about Willis.

Trent, Trent, Trent ................Steve Perry?

I'm with you, on this. Trent is now connected to two humans I have very little use for: Kenny Mayne and Steve Perry.

Steve Perry is the man who ruined Journey. Took them from a solid Santana offshoot, to an "anthem-rock" band. I saw Journey several times, before Steve joined, and once shortly after. The transformation of the band, to commercial shlock-mongers, was total.

Kenny Mayne marked the beginning of the end of SportsCenter as an interesting show. The guy isn't smart, isn't funny and doesn't seem to understand sports all that well. The ability to make irrelevant cultural references isn't rare, nor does it qualify one to be a national sports reporter.

OTOH, Trent...him I like!

I'm with you, on this. Trent is now connected to two humans I have very little use for: Kenny Mayne and Steve Perry.

Steve Perry is the man who ruined Journey. Took them from a solid Santana offshoot, to an "anthem-rock" band. I saw Journey several times, before Steve joined, and once shortly after. The transformation of the band, to commercial shlock-mongers, was total.

Kenny Mayne marked the beginning of the end of SportsCenter as an interesting show. The guy isn't smart, isn't funny and doesn't seem to understand sports all that well. The ability to make irrelevant cultural references isn't rare, nor does it qualify one to be a national sports reporter.

So, for those keeping score:

Trent :devil:

Trent's Journey reference :(

Journey pre Steve Perry :devil:

Steve Perry :thumbsup:

Santana ;)

Abba :thumbsup:

Kenny Mayne :devil: (I happen to enjoy some of his stuff, but TEHO)

So, for those keeping score:

Trent :devil:

Trent's Journey reference :(

Journey pre Steve Perry :devil:

Steve Perry :thumbsup:

Santana ;)

Abba :thumbsup:

Kenny Mayne :devil: (I happen to enjoy some of his stuff, but TEHO)

:blink:

Bastard

Sorda-kinda-like The Doobie Brothers pre and post Michael McDonald, nes pas?

Sorda-kinda-like The Doobie Brothers pre and post Michael McDonald, nes pas?

Yup. And I actually kind of like McDonald (as a backup singer and keyboard player) and really like Skunk Baxter. But, the Doobies went downhill when they joined. At their lowest, though, they never sucked as hard as Journey with Steve Perry.

Yup. And I actually kind of like McDonald (as a backup singer and keyboard player) and really like Skunk Baxter. But, the Doobies went downhill when they joined. At their lowest, though, they never sucked as hard as Journey with Steve Perry.

Sorta like the direction Peter Cetera took Chicago in....they went from a pretty progressive distinctive group to a cheesy ballad movie soundtrack machine once Cetera got too front and center

Sorta like the direction Peter Cetera took Chicago in....they went from a pretty progressive distinctive group to a cheesy ballad movie soundtrack machine once Cetera got too front and center

Good one!

That was only after Terry Kath, who was the real leader of the group, killed himself in 1978.

If you've heard some of Chicago's new stuff (XXX, Stone of Sisyphus), they went back in the progressive direction.